IFC

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Investment Officer Interview

Principal Investment Officer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 months - interviewed at IFC in May 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 8 - 9 people for 30 minutes each. The credit officer was quite capable and thorough. However, several individuals appeared to not have read my CV, seemingly deferring to the decision others recommended. I was hired within a few months although the typical timeline exceeds a year.

Interview Question – I was asked questions about my ethnic origin and that of my spouse.   Answer Question

Head of Gender Secretariat Interview

Head of Gender Secretariat
Washington, DC

I applied online and interviewed at IFC.

Interview Details – Interview was rather informal and done at the end of the workday . I was under the impression that it would be followed by a second more formal interview.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Portfolio Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at IFC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got the interview through applying on linkedin. Two rounds of phone interview. Never was actually corresponded if they selected or rejected me. Interview happened in February and it is June so I assume they went with someone else.

Interview Question – Valuation of Private companies including CAPM   View Answer

Senior Investment Officer Interview

Senior Investment Officer
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IFC in November 2009.

Interview Details – multiple panel interviews, security clearence

Interview Question – how will you approach clients from different cultures / countries to win their business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very little opportunity to negotiate

Investment Officer - GTT Program Interview

Investment Officer - GTT Program
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IFC in October 2011.

Interview Details – 1st round: professional experience and different questions about how my experience fit with their requirements for the position. They are looking for people with in-depth finance experience, especially in investment analysis. Then they asked me a hypothetical foreign investment case to analyze. They wanted to know what would the risks and mitigation strategies be and which would be the best investment structure.

The second round interview was a day-long series of interviews. It started with a group case analysis. They sent the case about a week before. Following, there were two individual interviews with IFC's Senior Investment Officers, and another one with a 3 people senior-level executive panel which were very similar to the first round ones, going over my experience, brief case analysis, and different type of questions.

Interview Question – Which would be the best investment structure for the IFC to invest in a hypothetical foreign project: debt or equity.   View Answers (3)

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at IFC.

Interview Details – 9 interviews for the job + a financial/accounting/project management test. The whole process took 6 months. Very fast compared to the usual 9 months to a year for other recruitments.

Interview Question – Case study on financial cash flow.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Once the offer is made, there is little room for adjustment. It was a "take it or leave it" type of interaction.

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Interview

Technical
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at IFC in February 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was held over the phone followed by an interview trip to Washington, DC. The trip was well organized and I met a number of people in various departments.

My main problem was the terrible jet lag. I hadn't slept much in 48 hours having flown 12,000 miles in an economy seat with three stop overs to DC.

The people were pleasant and friendly but my main impression was most employees were looking to move on and do something in the private sector.

"If you are qualified and good at your job why are you interviewing with the IFC?"

Interview Question – Tell us about your experience in developing countries   View Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IFC.

Interview Details – long process, several interviews, took several months

Interview Question – valuing a specific investment opportunity   View Answer

Finance Interview

Finance
Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IFC.

Interview Details – FIrst interview was with direct supervisor. Still regret that I didn't leave at the very beginning. Person was very aggressive and rude.

Interview Question – What are you benefits at current job? Salary size, medical insurance, pension fund?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job offer in a form of official letter

Team Assistant Interview

Team Assistant
Accra (Ghana)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IFC in September 2013.

Interview Details – Candidate is called with interview details like date, time and venue. That is all. No follow ups until interview time and no follow ups after.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at IFC

Worked for IFC? Contribute to the Community!