IFDS Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Summer IT Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IFDS.

Interview

Application stage -- easy and simple Interview stage -- Lengthy, Fun, A little challenging, Great stress laid on teamwork and pro-active participation. Included a few tests, basic mental math, verbal reasoning. Group assessment involved finding to an efficient solution to a financing problem. Limit was 30minutes, but obviously greater efficiency can be achieved with more and more time, so they just wanted to see how you approach the issue and how you participate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IFDS (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Long (Started as a 1:1 then panel review) Laid back and relaxed interview in a meeting room Asked a lot of questions about "potential" problems they could experience and how you would solve for them.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IFDS.

Interview

Multi part interview with hiring manager, their manager and HR. Efficiently managed and felt comfortable throughout.

Client Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IFDS (Brentwood, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I had the first interview with two managers and the second interview with other two managers. Finally I met the HR representative

Interview Questions

• The questions I have been asked are quite common in the financial industry, such as: Why do you want to work for us, what can you bring to our organisation, what is your greatest achievement so far, where do you see yourself 5 years down the line.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation, I just accepted the offer because I did not have any other job

IFDS Response

Oct 11, 2014 – Head of Resource Managament

Very happy to have you onboard!

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at IFDS (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

So the post advertised through a Society at university. Sent in my cv to what seemed to be a third party. Got emailed asking for a phone interview. Intreview asked 3 questions: -why IFDS -why business operations -what are your weaknesses Got asked to do some online tests for them but I decline as I did not want that internship.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very slow process, with about 3 interviews.

Negotiation

Nothing pecial

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I am yet to understand the hiring process

Interview Questions

• frankly speaking they need to know how good you can handle adverse situations   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at IFDS.

Interview

Excellent, quick and thorough

Business Operations Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IFDS.

Interview

Online process was relatively straightforward; filled in an online form and CV and did a few usual tests. Then was invited to an assessment centre. the day was really well ran and everything was well timed. Had some more tests, to check we didnt cheat on the online ones. Then an interview with 2 members of staff. The interviewers were really nice and friendly and I feel like my success is partly down to them making me feel so at ease. Then a group task. You get given ALOT of info to scan through, then 50 minutes to do the task as a group. Because there is so much info, it is more about how to you work and portray your ideas rather than the actual outcome of your meeting. For instance, our group didnt finish the task, infact we were no where near but we did have a lot of discussions, worked out costs etc. My advice here would be DO NOT shy away from making decisions or expressing your point of view.Even if the rest of the group disagrees with you, make sure you are active in the discussion. Finally, we had to present a short presentation to 10 members of staff an then answer their questions. the questions arent very hard and give you alot of opportunity to really sell yourself to the firm.

Interview Questions

• usual questions really; time you worked in a team, time you negotiated etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no real negotiations were necessary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basildon, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IFDS (Basildon, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Process consisted of application form, online tests (numerical, verbal, quantative), telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Questions

• Preprepared presentation in front of a panel of senior staff.   Answer Question