IFDS Interview Questions

2.8

Client Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brentwood, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IFDS in February 2014.

I had the first interview with two managers and the second interview with other two managers. Finally I met the HR representative

Interview Questions
    • The questions I have been asked are quite common in the financial industry, such as: Why do you want to work for us, what can you bring to our organisation, what is your greatest achievement so far, where do you see yourself 5 years down the line.   View Answer
    There was not a negotiation, I just accepted the offer because I did not have any other job

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at IFDS in January 2014.

So the post advertised through a Society at university. Sent in my cv to what seemed to be a third party. Got emailed asking for a phone interview.

Intreview asked 3 questions:
    -why IFDS
    -why business operations
    -what are your weaknesses

Got asked to do some online tests for them but I decline as I did not want that internship.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at IFDS.

Very slow process, with about 3 interviews.

Nothing pecial

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IFDS.

I am yet to understand the hiring process

Interview Questions
    • frankly speaking they need to know how good you can handle adverse situations   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at IFDS.

Excellent, quick and thorough

Business Operations Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at IFDS.

Online process was relatively straightforward; filled in an online form and CV and did a few usual tests.
    Then was invited to an assessment centre. the day was really well ran and everything was well timed.
    Had some more tests, to check we didnt cheat on the online ones. Then an interview with 2 members of staff. The interviewers were really nice and friendly and I feel like my success is partly down to them making me feel so at ease. Then a group task. You get given ALOT of info to scan through, then 50 minutes to do the task as a group. Because there is so much info, it is more about how to you work and portray your ideas rather than the actual outcome of your meeting. For instance, our group didnt finish the task, infact we were no where near but we did have a lot of discussions, worked out costs etc. My advice here would be DO NOT shy away from making decisions or expressing your point of view.Even if the rest of the group disagrees with you, make sure you are active in the discussion.
    Finally, we had to present a short presentation to 10 members of staff an then answer their questions. the questions arent very hard and give you alot of opportunity to really sell yourself to the firm.

Interview Questions
    • usual questions really; time you worked in a team, time you negotiated etc.   Answer Question
    no real negotiations were necessary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Basildon, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basildon, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IFDS in June 2013.

Process consisted of application form, online tests (numerical, verbal, quantative), telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • Preprepared presentation in front of a panel of senior staff.   Answer Question

BAU Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brentwood, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at IFDS in April 2013.

First interview was with two members of the team, went well. Basic IT questions plus a few odd ITIL questions. Asked what I knew about the company, which I should have researched more.

Second interview was with the service delivery IT manager. Unfortunately had the displeasure of working for managers like this before. After spending 5 minutes talking to the SD IT Manager I decided I would decline the position regardless of if I was offered it. Instead of technical/experience questions he was breaking down everything I said so it became a negative point. I've been in interviews like this before where you're put under personal pressure, but never to this degree. Nearly got up to leave at one point. Didn't shake his hand on the way out. Gladly accepted another position elsewhere a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what ITIL is and how it would help an organisation like IFDS   Answer Question

Transfer Agency Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IFDS.

Asked for a prompt response about the interview outcome as I had an offer from another company, they promised to advise the following day. however never came back. it took them 2 weeks to come with an offer, I was ringing them every day, and started at another place already.. I was not advised about enormous overtime hours ! so the description of the working conditions was misleading.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IFDS.

1 phone with HR, 2 in-person with PMO Management team.

Interview Questions
    • They are in dire need of staff, no difficult questions.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave.

Worked for IFDS? Contribute to the Community!