IGATE

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

Trainee Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at IGATE in December 2013.

There were 5 rounds of interview. first round is eassy writting, 2nd round is aptitude test, third round is typing test, 4th round is F2F technical, last round was telephonic.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at IGATE in December 2013.

2 rounds of technical and one round of HR

Interview Questions
    • Given a scenario I was asked to design the application   View Answer

They offered only 15% hike which is not with industry standards

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IGATE.

Initially, I got a call from the HR to attend an interview. I took up the interview and the first round was a written test. After that the HR asked me to have lunch and come meanwhile she would get the test reviewed. I was waiting for almost 1 hr. The HR came and said that the concerned panel is busy. I will call and let U know. I came back and the next day too I did not get any reply. So I called the HR and only then she said that I have cleared the first round and she would arrange for a telephonic interview. I took up the telephonic interview as well and was asked to submit work sample which I did. I did not get any reply from the HR. I kept calling her but to no avail. It was a horrible experience and I would say that the company ethics on the professional front is really terrible. Please teach the HRs how interact with people and also include the topic "POLITENESS" in the HR Training.

Only God Knows Which Position!!! Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at IGATE in November 2013.

I received a call from an HR of IGATE for a walk in on a Saturday. They were looking for a Technical Lead (.NET) and it seems to her that I was a good fit. Though my resume shows that I am a Project Manager and handling multiple Projects with large team for last 2 Years. I have told her the same and. She informed that they are having opening for PM role also and asked me to attend the interview. I should have been warned that time.

Interview was scheduled around 10:30 AM on Saturday. I have reached on time. Many candidates were waiting and HR person asked me to wait. Clock was ticking and finally it was 2:45 PM. Believe me, I waited for more than 4 hours. I should have slapped that HR and left.

At 2:45, HR escorted me in the office. Surprise!! Surprise!! No one was there to take the interview. HR handed me a phone asking to attend an telephonic round. I felt humiliated!!! Anyway, I got into the phone conversation.

There was a lady on the other side. I gave her an overview of my resume and stretched on the point that I am performing a PM role. Now the funniest part. It went like a interview of a Senior Software Engineer. And the lady, I bet not more than 4 /5 years of experience performing a Tech Lead role (at max). Imagine, she is taking interview of a PM with 8.5 + years of experience.

Sample questions for a PM:
    1. What is an End Point in WCF.?
    2. How can we build multiple headers in a Telerik Grid?
    3. What is a different between a Master Page and User Control?

I was really pissed of at this point, I passed all the questions. You can imagine what can be the outcome :) After the interview, I followed up with the HR and she informed I can leave for the day.

I do not know from where they are recruiting the HR and Recruitment Team.
    1. Asking a PM to come for a Tech Lead position !!
    2. Making people wait for 4 hours!! You should have cancelled the drive, if you are short of interview panel.
    3. After waiting for 4 hours, ask the candidate to attend a telephonic round!!! You should have to before to leave and attend from home.
    4. Arranging a 4 years experience to take interview of a 8.5+ years of experience!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IGATE in November 2013.

1 . Written Exam
    2 . Technical Interview
    3 . HR Round

Interview Questions
    • Prepare well on College level projects done and any one programming language basics. Nothing as much difficult .   View Answer
    Nothing to negotiate.Its an Walk in Drive and fixed for Freshers ! ! !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IGATE in November 2013.

It was a fresher walkin. Around 1000 attended the drive where the 1st round was written. It had 50 questions which has to be answered in 1hr. 20 was from verbal and 30 was from quants.

Verbal was very easy as it consisted comprehension passage, error spotting, synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence ordering etc. Quants was moderate. R.S.Aggarwal will definitely come handy for clearing this. Problems on ages, numbers, logic deduction, image reversing, word and number encoding/decoding etc. Out of 1000 people 100 cleared this round.

After the written round there was a technical interview, mainly oriented on your resume and area of interests and project. Since I had specified as Java there were basic java questions from exceptions, threads, interfaces, OOPS concepts etc.

HR interview consisted of basic questions related to service agreement, ready to work in night shift, ready to work anywhere in India etc. Just answer positively to everything. Finally the results were announced and the offer letter was released after 4 days through mail.

Interview Questions
    Questions were like are u ready to work in night shifts, ready to sign a service agreement for 2 years, ready to work in any place at india. Just answer yes for everything and say it with confidence they will like it.

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IGATE.

Being an SAP professional, my interview process started on 11th September 2013, and finished on 9th October 2013. Process is very slow.

Before issuing me the offer letter iGate called me TWICE after the HR round, but not for once they discussed on the salary I asked for, nor they declined it but in HR round they just noted down my salary expectation, that's it. So I was assuming that I would be getting the same.
    Later on they sent me the offer letter and I was shocked seeing the compensation I was offered was far below of what I asked for/expected. They are such an unprofessional company that I have ever seen.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IGATE in October 2013.

They had come to our campus for recruitment.

They had a written round, 50 questions. 1 hour. High cutoff!

I was shortlisted, 1 Technical. They ask basics from your resume. Then HR.

Results came in a few days. I wasn't selected. :P

Interview Questions
    • They asked UML modelling, wasn't really prepared for it!   Answer Question

aptitude filter out 25 of 250, tech+hr interview 19 of 25 offered

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IGATE in July 2013.

The hiring process begins when a candidate is referred by an employee to the recruitment team or the candidate can walk-in during the interview dates. First the candidates will be screened by the hiring team by asking some basic questions about the candidate and their experience. Next there is a test for analytical skills and comprehension. Later there will two levels of interviews and if necessary there will also be a client interview.