IGATE Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was a series of questions with the focus on starting date and money. They refused to share salary range. My interviewer called 30 minutes late without an apology. Difficult to understand as I had to ask him to repeat a few times. This I believe was considered a negative against me. Did not ask about the 90% profit decline. Figured that could be addressed at a later date.

Interview Questions

• It was all about my former salary. Little focus on success. Binary interview.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IGATE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGATE (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Business process and consulting experience, finance domain knowledge Questions on previous clients and global market experience. Various tools and Oracle modules awareness,Questions on supply chain and various verticals. Technology and innovation aspects, current roles and responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Presales and consulting experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Westlake, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by HR from Connecticut. Scheduled the interview on the very same day. Total 2 rounds

Interview Questions

• Round#1 Discussed about my background, my previous projects, current projects, DB's, some real project scenario with problems and how I will address them, some questions on front end tech and how the optimization will work. Also, gave a case study and asked how I will work. Round#2 Got a call from Senior Manager. He asked the same q's as that of round one. Lasted for 35 mins. After 2 rounds, got a call from HR. Discussed the job band. They offered a lower level than I was currently in. Also, the pay range was below my expectation. HR was not ready to negotiate.   Answer Question

Offered a lower level of job band. Also, salary was below expectation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Interview was for an hour and the interviewer was well versed within the technology area I am working in. Questions were pretty tough and thought provoking, not just mindless questions taken off from some site. Questions involved good working knowledge on the domain and not just theoretical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my qualifications and experience and how did these two reconcile.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGATE (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

I received a mail from one of the HRs regarding the position, which matched my present profile perfectly. I got the call from the HR within a week of application for the first round of interview (telephonic), which took place on the immediate next day. The second round of interview (again telephonic) also was conducted within a day's interval at iGate Hyderabad office. Both the interviews went well and there was a final HR round, where I was informed about my selection in the company. Then i was asked to fill up the employment application form and send other documents. Even after sending everything I did not receive any kind communication from the HR for a week. Then I mailed them to inquire about the status of the candidature, and no response ever followed. The entire experience with iGate confirmed the floating grapevine regarding the unprofessional attitude of the company and its treatment towards employee and prospects. I have a stable job and I work in a huge multinational. Not getting an offer does not hurt me as much as it would impact someone who is looking for a change desperately. Hence, do not bank on iGate, if you are in a dire need.