IGATE

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

255 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IGATE.

On Campus interview. 1 day Process. No written/on-line test. Multiple rounds of interview. First round very brief (5min-15min), the interviews were not consistent. A little about personal background,projects, extracurricular activities and a couple of basic operational research (optimization) questions,the interviewer seemed to be confused about their requirements. Didn't made it through second round, Although it was a technical round Package was handsome.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IGATE.

My Interview had two rounds, both were technical. Then the HR called me after a week saying that I was selected and discussed the package & compensations with me. In first round, I was interviewed by a technical lead. And in second round, I was interviewed by the Project Manager who along with explaining about the project tasks, was also judging my technical background an skills.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked scenario based ETL questions and what-if kind of questions, other than my actual experience that I presented before them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IGATE in November 2014.

They held campus drive at RCCIIT,Kolkata.Around 700 students had appeared for the drive.There were three rounds-Aptitude Round,Technical Round & HR Round.In Aptitude round we had to solve 50 questions in 60 mins.The questions were easy however the main issue is time.Also the cut off was quite high.It was I think around 80%.This round was followed by technical round.In this round the interviewer asked me about my summer training project which were followed by questions from Java,DBMS,OS.This was followed by HR round.In this the HR madam asked me some very common questions like "Introduce yourself","Why IGate?","Job Expectation" & other basic questions.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IGATE in November 2014.

direct apply in company portal and within a week interview good interview direct apply in company portal and within a week interview good interview direct apply in company portal and within a week interview good interview

Interview Questions
    • interviewer ask some basic question about field   View Answer

package and location is not suitable for me

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IGATE in October 2014.

there were nearly 2000 people over from AP, kerala, karnataka. first round was aptitude 50 questions ,60 min time . It was easy. i cleared aptitude. next was hr round she asked about myself and my family, and why Igate, and about my strengths and weaknesses. later she boosted my confidence and told me not become panic..she asked reasons for my weakness..
      After clearing HR.i went for technical there, He asked about my project and technology used in my project and its uses and speciality and asked about gradual decrease in marks from 90 to 83 to 61 in 10th 12th and BE respectively. I convinced him by telling fact. later he asked about java ,oops concepts, interfaces in java, polymorphism, inheritance, . and told me to write c programs on swapping numbers`, swapping string and
    to print pattern like 1
                                                      1 2
                                                      1 2 1
                                                      1 2 3 2 1
    . . i written perfectly up to 80% of accuracy.
    then he asked me to write dbms query. and uses of rdbms and later he asked me gk questions like
     education minister, home minister , finance, foreign affairs minister. and about swatch bharat abhiyan.
    after seeing my award list he said very good and told you are very innovative . later he said good

iam waiting for confirmation mail from company..

Interview Questions
    • none, it was all basics about project ,java c,programing, and some GK questions   View Answer
    waiting for confirmation of appointment

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IGATE in October 2014.

Written test is a hurdle if you clear it you have maximum chances of getting placed.
    Technical interview was good, emphasized on project.
    Know about the company they are going to ask about it.
    Be confident and answer confident.
    Say yes to shifts and relocation.
    All the best..:)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IGATE in October 2014.

First round was Aptitude. It had 50 questions 60 min. Questions were included from Profit Loss, Speed time & distance etc Verbal & logical.
    Next round was technical. In technical she asked me all about my projects. She had also asked me to tell 1 positive and 1 negative point about my parents. (I dunno why) Last round was HR. He asked genral questions. Like 10, 12 % Any relocation problem .
    They were offering a package of 3.1 with a bond of 2 years.
    Result came after 10 days.
    I was Selected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your project. Platform it was done in.
      Give me one poitive point about your college.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IGATE in October 2014.

The Process had 3 rounds
        Written Test
        Technical
        HR
    Written test contained aptitude, verbal and reasoning all together 50 questions.these are simple but need little bit practice.Mainly focus on time during this round. The shortlisted candidates should attend both the rounds technical and HR and the results of these rounds will be declared after few weeks. In the technical round be clear about the mini or the major project you have done as they are mainly focusing in that area and all the concepts regarding your subject. The HR was easy and be clear in your thoughts.

Software Engineer Interview

I want to share my interview experience of IGATE which was held on 29th October 2014.

Procedure:

1) Aptitude Test.
    2) Technical interview.
    3) HR Interview

1) Aptitude Test:

I suggest you not to totally rely on R.S. Agarwal for aptitude preparation instead get an app called pocket aptitude, pocket logical reasoning and pocket verbal ability by sindhu rajan.
    Marks : 50.
    Sections : 3 (Verbal, Quantitative, Analytic).
    Type : Paper (OMR Sheet).
    Duration : 1 hour.
    Negative Marking : None.

a) verbal : easy
    1) Passage
    2) Synonyms
    3) Antonyms
    4) Error Correction.
    5) Find missing word.
    6) Fill missing articles.
    7) Prepositions..etc

b)quantitative:
    It was easy but requires (practice), for Formulas you should refer app it will be easy to remember.
    1) Profit and loss.
    7) Train.
    8) Average.
    9) Ages .
    10) Interests..etc.

c) Analytical (Logical) (easy).

1) Matching figure.
    2) Analogy.
    3) All roads are highway all buildings are road.
    4) Statement and Assumption.
    5) Address matching etc

Question are easy you just have to do time management.. even if you donot have time just mark all the answer in last minute and try your luck ;)

After one hour the result was announced and I cleared aptitude test, then the next round was technical round and no rejection as such after technical round

2)Technical Interview:
    Duration :15-20 mins

They basically check your body language, your communication and technical skills in both rounds.

In this round after introducing myself they asked me about
    my mini project ,
    what was your role in project,
    concepts of java ,
    a simple program in java,
    challenge for you in software development,
    qualities of good web application and
    ask me a question

your aim should not be just to answer a question, your aim should be to impress your interviewer by giving good and satisfactory answer.

after 5 minutes I went for Hr round.

3)HR Round:
    In this round just be prepared for questions like
    ready to relocate,
    plan for further studies,
    hobbies , weakness,strengths
    current CEO and former CEO name, net income, revenue ,total number of employees. and
    in the end ask them a good question.

After one week results were announced.. and luckily I got selected. Eagerly waiting to join them :)

All the best :)

Technical Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IGATE in September 2014.

The recruiters contacted me after finding my profile to be matching their current requirements. First, they arranged for a telephonic round. It was for the position of a technical specialist in Hybrid Mobile App development. The first telephonic round was mostly to gauge my knowledge and my current projects and how I solved key issues etc. Nothing too difficult. I was called up the next day by the HR team to say I have cleared the first round, and next would be a F2F round on a working weekday I was asked to fill an elaborate employee application form. I went there well in advance to attend the interview, but was surprised to find the interview to be a telephonic one again. Was annoyed a bit by this arrangement. What was the need to call for a F2F if it was going to be telephonic again? The second managerial round was more technical. He asked me everything under the sun. I wouldn't term the round difficult but it was not easy either. Got a call after 2 days saying I have cleared this round too. (Really wasn't expecting this, as I didn't do well here)
    The 3rd round was a HR discussion. Have to say this... The HR was very rude. The HR then told me I would be contacted by the HR team in a week's time. Over a week, no news. Finally I called them up to enquire, only to be told, I was selected for a lower level as my years of experience didn't match their requirement. (Probably also because I didn't do so well in the second round) But then my current pay doesn't fall into the lower band, hence they cannot extend me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • - Scrum methodologies
      - Design patterns
      - Difference between HTTP and HTTPS
      - In depth project details

Answer Question