IGATE

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IGATE.

Very easy going, I had 2 interviews one with HR and another with a manager. The HR asked very simple questions such as why Igate, why we should hire you etc. The manager asked about my internship and what i did there

Interview Questions
    • Tell how will you convenience your boss who is tough on you.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IGATE.

The hiring process was pretty simple. It was an on-campus recruitment. they asked about 2 technical questions, which were extremely simple and basic. the interview had a lot of HR questions like what are your strenghts and weakness? why are you the best person for this position? etc. Almost everyone who interviewed got through. Overall the interview process was simple and direct. Nothing to fret about.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were direct. No surprises with the questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IGATE.

I was hired by Patni Computer Systems (now owned by IGATE). Hiring process was just like other companies of its kind. First many students were filered out in Written test which was a bit tougher, the qualified students got chance for Technical interview and HR interview.

Interview Questions
    It was my first job, I did not negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IGATE.

First i got call from igate HR. this one is screening round with some basic question tell me about your self and visa question.then one telephonic technical round and Skype interview with clients

Lead Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IGATE in December 2014.

They Called and scheduled interview, and then rescheduled for at least 5 times. But the interview never happen. Their interview process is so pathetic, they don't even send you a calender invite.

Data Analyst/ETL Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IGATE in November 2014.

One interview - over skype. Very tough, text book questions. They were not much interested in what I had done in the previous projects/companies as long as I knew the text book answers. I tried to explain them that I do not know the text book definitions, but I can explain the concepts if you give a little background and they were fine with it. In all, I was not expecting the offer based on the interview, but they offered me.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of text book questions. If you are in DW, read Ralph Kimball and you should be good.   Answer Question

Very rude recruiter, very non-cooperative and totally unprofessional over phone and email conversation. Had no email etiquettes.
    I wanted to meet the client in person and they initially said they would set up a meeting. But even after signing the offer letter they did not set up the meeting with client.
    Did not send the address of the office even after final offer letter was offered.

Network and Computer Systems Administrator Interview

Nice. Telephonic was good. Face to Face there were three rounds. All went well. But the timing mentioned was flexible which did not turn out to be true later. Questions were more on bookish terms. Less questions on the experience that I had. Rather I was asked on other bookish things. The interview went well.

Got what i wanted

Manager Interview

hiring was easy , not many questions , just a few simple questions which cam emy way he nce i took up this offer ......... it was good to work with this co

Interview Questions
    • what is difference between relational and hierarchial databasee   Answer Question

Associate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IGATE.

Multiple level Interview process (may be because of the level of seniority), very detailed, very structured and very process oriented. Interviews include potential peers, managers, HR, manager's manager. They definitely make sure that you are the right candidate.

Yes, very little.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at IGATE in June 2014.

The interview was a series of questions with the focus on starting date and money. They refused to share salary range. My interviewer called 30 minutes late without an apology.

Difficult to understand as I had to ask him to repeat a few times. This I believe was considered a negative against me.

Did not ask about the 90% profit decline. Figured that could be addressed at a later date.

Interview Questions
    • It was all about my former salary. Little focus on success. Binary interview.   View Answer