IGATE

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.9

Network and Computer Systems Administrator Interview

Nice. Telephonic was good. Face to Face there were three rounds. All went well. But the timing mentioned was flexible which did not turn out to be true later. Questions were more on bookish terms. Less questions on the experience that I had. Rather I was asked on other bookish things. The interview went well.

Got what i wanted

Manager Interview

hiring was easy , not many questions , just a few simple questions which cam emy way he nce i took up this offer ......... it was good to work with this co

Interview Questions
    • what is difference between relational and hierarchial databasee   Answer Question

Associate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IGATE.

Multiple level Interview process (may be because of the level of seniority), very detailed, very structured and very process oriented. Interviews include potential peers, managers, HR, manager's manager. They definitely make sure that you are the right candidate.

Yes, very little.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at IGATE in June 2014.

The interview was a series of questions with the focus on starting date and money. They refused to share salary range. My interviewer called 30 minutes late without an apology.

Difficult to understand as I had to ask him to repeat a few times. This I believe was considered a negative against me.

Did not ask about the 90% profit decline. Figured that could be addressed at a later date.

Interview Questions
    • It was all about my former salary. Little focus on success. Binary interview.   View Answer

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IGATE in May 2014.

I received a call around 10:30 AM to pick up a time between 1 PM to 3 PM for interview the same day. How in the universe, a company can be so urorganized to schedule an interview in 2 hours? I still went ahead and gave my time as 1 PM.

It was a telephonic interview and the interviewer did not have any questions in advance and was asking some vague questions. He asked what are the architectural activities I do. When I started explaining the project overview and the process, the interviewer abruptly stopped me even before I complete the answer and jumped into another stupid question - is it possible to replace Java service with .NET service. I was wordless to get such questions.

I could clearly see that the interviewer did not prepare anything and did not have any patience. The architect position is client-facing and how could you be so patientless after asking some stupid questions.

At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked me whether I have any questions for them. I asked 2 questions and here are the answers and you can understand the attitude of the interviewer:
    1. If I am selected, which client I will work for?
        Sorry we cannot tell you; it is confidential.
    2. What really are the roles and responsibility of this position?
        You will do whatever a technical architect would do.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are very vague:
      Tell me about yourself
      What are the architecture-related activities you do?
      Can you replace a Java service with WCF?

The interviewer was not waiting for any complete answer and was jumping into next question even before you could answer completely.
        Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IGATE.

Involved. I was fortunate in that my EVP handheld each individual at each step in the process in order to make sure it happened in a timely and efficient manner. Not all have had this experience. In many cases HR bungles the process and people get turned off on the company before they through the various steps.

Interview Questions
    There is little negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Discussed about my background, my previous projects, current projects, DB's, some real project scenario with problems and how I will address them, some questions on front end tech and how the optimization will work. Also, gave a case study and asked how I will work.
    Next round:
    Got a call from Senior Manager. He asked the some technical and typical manger questions. Lasted for 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • gave a case study about s specific issue and asked me to anwser   Answer Question

Campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions based on your courses and projects.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IGATE.

I submitted my resume through the University's On-Campus Recruiting process. I was selected for an interview and did two 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews: first with the HR rep, then second with business manager. They asked mainly behavioral type questions (i.e. "Tell me about a time when..."). Since it's basically a sales role that I was applying for, it seemed as though the interviewers were trying to gauge my personality and how engaging I was.

A few weeks after the interview, the candidates were told that iGate suspended all hiring for the rest of the year due to the new CEO's hiring freeze.

Interview Questions
    • Since it is an IT systems solutions company, they asked about my familiarity with ERPs such as Oracle, SAP, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I has 2 technical interviews and 1 HR interview. Each technical interview lasted for 50 mins and the HR for about 30 mins. Technical interview a mix of questions from Physics, Microprocessor, Logics. I gave this interview during my college in campus.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about Newton's Law and it was an unexpected questions for a Software Engineer position   Answer Question