Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at IGATE
- Software Engineer (135)
- Senior Software Engineer (54)
- Technical Lead (18)
- Project Lead (9)
- Systems Analyst (8)
- Senior Consultant (7)
- Business Analyst (7)
- Systems Associate (7)
- Associate Consultant (7)
- Associate (6)
- Consultant (6)
- Systems Engineer (6)
- Engineering (5)
- Project Manager (5)
- SSE (5)
- Associate Software Engineer (5)
- Trainee Associate (5)
- Software Engineer Grade Beta A (4)
- Technical Specialist (4)
- Senior Associate (4)
- Process Associate (3)
- Technical Writer (3)
- Finance Executive (3)
- Software Applications Developer (3)
- Senior Team Lead (3)
- Tech Lead (3)
- Technical Architect (3)
- Senior Engineer V & V (2)
- Junior Software Engineer (2)
- Analyst (2)
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE (Pensacola, FL) in June 2015.
I had a phone interview where the hiring manager asked questions involving tcp/ip, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory. I thought some of the questions asked where sr level administrator questions but i thought i did well considering im green and fresh out of college.
- what are some commands for finding connection problems on the network 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGATE (Houston, TX) in June 2015.
Technical Discussion, about my project roles and responsibilities Organizational setup is always customer-specific Use this document as a starting point Elaborate a fitting organizational setup for your environment Translate your organizational setup into a technical role concept
- 1. why do we use MT? A. we use message type to describe the message which is going to be sent. 2. Where u use Catch whole queue? 3. What makes an XI object unique? 4. what r the adapters that related to sap r/3? A. IDoc ,RFC. 5. what r mapping techniques? 6. advantges &amp; disadvantages of BPM? 7. Diference between Adapter &amp; proxies? 8. What is BS, TS? 9. How many components have in xi? 10.What is global container? 11.How many IE are in XI? 12.How many functions r in xi? 13.What is synchronization?where it use? 14.What is idoc? where it use? 15.diference between UDF &amp; Advanced UDF? 16.When we go for File scenario? Answer Question
Helpful (1)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGATE (Sweden, ME) in April 2015.
Mostly a lot of "no brainer" question, so getting to the HR interview is not too hard. Basically these indian HR staff recruiting, selecting and interviewing are so intrinsically focused at "only filling" the vacancy, they are taken by surprise when you ask them what they are offering. Asking what benefits, pension plans, bonuses etc they do not seem to have a clue about. So, they waste your time, while you wait during the screening process to have decent conversation with someone you hope can answer these questions. Earlier contacts defer to answer any of these and let you know HR knows this. Turn them down and save yourself a lot of time. No worth pursuing
- What would you do if.....no staff other isaround or manager? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE in April 2015.
Got a call from a staffing agency about a position. Set up an interview with the hiring manager in few days. I can tell you the desi interviewer was the rudest I have ever came across. Absolutely no sense of professionalism in him. Forget about introduction. He immediately jumped into technical questions. As usual a typical desi interviewer.As usual bookish questions and he will keep digging you until you spit that one term that he wants to hear. He asked me a bunch of bookish questions which I explained, as usual he didn't got satisfied and he became hyper and rude that got my nerves. He kept pushing questions not even allowed me to finish my answer. I was like chill dude this is just an interview not a court legal debate! I got a sense what kind of people run the company. Thanks for not selecting me as I would have also not worked with you anyways!
- What is polymorphism? Why do we need polymorphism? Why do we need inheritance? What parameters do we check when we convert MATLAB code to C++. Some image processing questions like how to detect the locations of black dots in a white background? what is the most efficient way? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.
Three rounds of technical interview, one from the client. This includes one Skype and one Webex interview. Finally discussion with recruitment manager on the Compensation and benefits. Offer letter received in 4 days.
- OOPS SQL SERVER C# Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IGATE (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.
6 rounds of interview including client interview. Very technical and good knowledge sharing session though. Moat are phone interview with technical leads and management. Both technical and personality validations are to be cleared.
- Learning ability 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE (El Paso, TX) in February 2015.
typing test, previous employer info, Info if you have worked in data entry, must bring previous employer check stubs and diploma to interview, Will hire you usually on the spot because they need a lot of people
- previous employers? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGATE.
Very easy going, I had 2 interviews one with HR and another with a manager. The HR asked very simple questions such as why Igate, why we should hire you etc. The manager asked about my internship and what i did there
- Tell how will you convenience your boss who is tough on you. Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE.
The hiring process was pretty simple. It was an on-campus recruitment. they asked about 2 technical questions, which were extremely simple and basic. the interview had a lot of HR questions like what are your strenghts and weakness? why are you the best person for this position? etc. Almost everyone who interviewed got through. Overall the interview process was simple and direct. Nothing to fret about.
- All questions were direct. No surprises with the questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE.
I was hired by Patni Computer Systems (now owned by IGATE). Hiring process was just like other companies of its kind. First many students were filered out in Written test which was a bit tougher, the qualified students got chance for Technical interview and HR interview.
- No difficult or unexpected questions. Answer Question
It was my first job, I did not negotiate.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review