IGATE

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.7

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IGATE.

My Interview had two rounds, both were technical. Then the HR called me after a week saying that I was selected and discussed the package & compensations with me. In first round, I was interviewed by a technical lead. And in second round, I was interviewed by the Project Manager who along with explaining about the project tasks, was also judging my technical background an skills.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked scenario based ETL questions and what-if kind of questions, other than my actual experience that I presented before them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IGATE in September 2014.

Hiring Process Contained
    1. Aptitude Test
    2. Technical Interview
    3. HR Interview
    Process was easy, All u need to do is prepare the quantitative aptitude & Verbal questions properly.
    Once u clear the aptitude then further process is very easy & if u have any project then they will ask u few questions on your Project

No Negotiation

Finance Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person – interviewed at IGATE in September 2014.

3 rounds are there
    1- HR round
    2- technical round
    3- Aptitude

question related to finance background
    are u ready to work in night shift
    tell me about Mumbai just to check ur confidence

overall interview process is easy.

because of 2 years agreement

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online – interviewed at IGATE.

Recently i got a call from HR of Igate for the requirement of Assembler+Cobol developer.She said there will be 3 levels 1st will be telephonic ,2nd Manegerial and 3rd will be HR round.In 1st round that was telephonic,Interviewer asked me deeply about my last projects some assembler questions like PACK,CVD AP and cobol basics.So in short telephonic interview went good and i cleared my 1st level :).Manegerial round went chill but they said there will be 1 more round that is client interview in that they can ask me anything and after their approval only,they can hire me...So I am waiting of their call :(

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at IGATE in May 2014.

I received a mail from one of the HRs regarding the position, which matched my present profile perfectly. I got the call from the HR within a week of application for the first round of interview (telephonic), which took place on the immediate next day. The second round of interview (again telephonic) also was conducted within a day's interval at iGate Hyderabad office. Both the interviews went well and there was a final HR round, where I was informed about my selection in the company. Then i was asked to fill up the employment application form and send other documents. Even after sending everything I did not receive any kind communication from the HR for a week. Then I mailed them to inquire about the status of the candidature, and no response ever followed.
    The entire experience with iGate confirmed the floating grapevine regarding the unprofessional attitude of the company and its treatment towards employee and prospects.
    I have a stable job and I work in a huge multinational. Not getting an offer does not hurt me as much as it would impact someone who is looking for a change desperately. Hence, do not bank on iGate, if you are in a dire need.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IGATE in January 2014.

First Telephonic interview, Result told after 3 days.
    After 2 weeks, 1:1 Technical interview, it is heathy discussion and it went for 30 min.
    After 1 hour, Hr interview on the same day.It went for 20 mins.
    Offer letter released after one week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IGATE in November 2013.

Hiring process is transparent, i had 2 technical rounds and hr round.
    In technical rounds they will ask you about all the corner, atleast you need to have basic knowledge, and hr is just for package negotiation and for filling forms

Interview Questions
    • challenges and ready to work in any location   View Answer
    we can negotiate

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IGATE in November 2013.

Went through two rounds of phone interviews, followed by a generic HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think you can commit to the company?   View Answer
    Not much scope. Not the highest paymasters in the industry.

Technical Lead Interview

Medium difficulty

Package too low

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at IGATE in October 2013.

Aptitude test- easy amongst all the other big companies aptitude test. The paper pattern is damn easy and doesn't change

Second round Technical: the interview is easy and don't consist much technical questions simple java programs are asked.

Third round hr:Just as any other hr...about family background and are you ready to relocate and work in shift actually this is not elimination round.