IHOP Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

1.8

Waitress Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IHOP.

Interview

very few questions, only asked background questions and past job history asked availability days and hours available showed me around. called me on the phone, interview was the next day offered job on the spot told them i wanted to think about it

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansted, VI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IHOP (Christiansted, VI) in July 2015.

Interview

It had an open house with many people at my local iHop so I didn't get a long thorough interview. It was a quick basic interview, lasted about 10 minutes. I got called three days later for a second interview scheduled on Monday, which was the clear up some things from the first interview. Five days after my second interview, I was offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IHOP (Decatur, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Sat down at a booth and went over what they are looking for in a potential employee. What job history i have and if i can meet their requirements. What could i bring to the table for the company, what are my hobbies, and what i like to do in my spare time. I asked a few questions. Was offeres the job on tge spot.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IHOP.

Interview

Very quick and pretty informal. It depends on the manager that you interview with but you will meet one on one and fill out some employer forms. It is good to show that you are personable and can entertain and pay attention as a server. If hired, you need to start memorizing the IHOP menu and pass a test for that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online to two separate locations. One location contacted me over the phone. Once I responded, the manager explained that server hours were limited at the moment. The manager then proceeded to provide the job description of a host/hostess.

Interview Questions

Offered me a position I did not apply for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IHOP (Pflugerville, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview one day after applying. The interview was easy, Oscar mainly asked about scheduling, work experience and the like. After we spoke casually for a while, he scheduled another one a few days later to speak with the general manager. No drug test, no questions about why I chose not to let them speak with my previous employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked when I'd be able to start basically. Really good, easy interview.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IHOP (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I seen the Job post on Facebook, a new store is opening in my neighborhood and I went and met with manager right after I filled out the application and got hired to be hostess due to no experience being a server

Interview Questions

• If I could work at another IHOP until that one opened.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IHOP (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in and applied...was called back in 2 days to do personality test...told they will call back if I passed...so they called back in 2 days went in to talk to night manager had a sit down interview ...manager was cool we talk in for and hour and a half told me to come back the next night for a tour and to receive my menu to memorize.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at IHOP (Kansas City, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and instore and had an interview set up for two days later. When I got there I waited for awhile. The interviewer was super sweet. She explained they would train me how to serve and now I am set up to interview with the manager and hiring manager again Sunday. She explained I would have to cover up my tattoos.

Interview Questions

• What kind of hours are you trying to work?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IHOP (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The manager took her own time. Barely any customers were there and it took an hour in order just to be greeted by the manager. The employee who first spoke to me was very rude and had many questions to ask as to why I was still there. I told him multiple times why. But anyway, after that dispute, the interview was short and one on one. Pretty simple.