IHOP

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

1.9

Ihop Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IHOP.

ask for a job application, the manager came out and talk to me, got interview ask when I'm available got hired on the spot. got the information to do my drug test. He called me to pick up my top and name tag, told me black pants, socks, belt and shoes

no negotiation

Hostess/Server Interview

This was a really unprofessional interview. The manager was constantly distracted, would talk to the workers that were standing somewhere behind me, would talk over me, and not pay attention when I did talk. She asked if I ever served before, and if I'd be willing to come in the next morning to train. That was basically the whole interview.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IHOP.

Put in an application online
    I was called two weeks later for an interview.
    When I got there for an interview the manager was not in and didn't come back until half an hour later the preceded to interview me and an other person . Interview went great !

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forestville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forestville, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IHOP.

I was in High School looking for a part-time job and walked-in on a day I was out of school for a Dr. appointment to ask for an application. The owner/manager on duty gave me the third degree about why I was not in school that day [showing that he cared about education], so I told him why. Next, he hands me an application, asked if I had a work permit, had one interview, then I was hired as a Bus Boy at miniume wage. I worked in that position for a while, then was promoted to Dish washer. Worked as a dish washer for a while, got really friendly with fellow workers/ line cooks who would verbally train me on what they were doing in the kitchen during some slow nights. Next thing I know, I was offered a Line Cook position. One of the managers watching my worked performance immediately says: "You must have been sneaking in the kitchen, because you are catching on way too fast and those omlets look too perfect [doing a great job].

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waikïkï, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waikïkï, HI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IHOP.

it wasnt too bad, there was just, questions on how to deal with money and customers. also i was asked if i had any previous experience in the food service industry.

Server Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at IHOP.

I got an interview after walking into the restaurant. Filled out an application and handed it to the store manager. Didn't recieve a call so I called the restaurant and asked them what was the status of my application. They set up an interview for that same day. Just basically got asked my experience and what position I was applying for. Very easy.

Most of your money is made off of tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

The interview was at a table in an area not heavily used. Very professional and easy going. I felt comfortable talking to the manager and hopeful that I would get the job because of the feedback I was given after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer was not happy with their meal or service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHOP in June 2014.

I walked i between the hours it said to come in and apply on their ad. Filled it out, talked to the lady.. She asked me tell me about yourself. So I did.. and she hired me. The easiest interview ever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHOP in May 2014.

There was practically no interview, only questions about my availability. I applied online through a career website and was called later that afternoon. The manager asked me to come in one evening and all she did was photocopy my drivers license and social security and told me when i started training.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IHOP in May 2014.

Initial communication made by phone. Two interviews. One group and a one on one interview. Group interview consisted of six people. Since group interview was lengthy, we were offered free pancakes and strawberry lemonade.

Interview Questions

Hours weren't working with my school schedule.