IHOP Server Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

very quick. if they like you then they will hire you immediately or hint that they will. if you don't get a call back then you definitely did not get the job. they like pretty and happy to show in the interview. dress pretty not professional. the more attractive you are the higher the chances no matter what you say.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IHOP

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

Very quick and pretty informal. It depends on the manager that you interview with but you will meet one on one and fill out some employer forms. It is good to show that you are personable and can entertain and pay attention as a server. If hired, you need to start memorizing the IHOP menu and pass a test for that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online to two separate locations. One location contacted me over the phone. Once I responded, the manager explained that server hours were limited at the moment. The manager then proceeded to provide the job description of a host/hostess.

Interview Questions

Offered me a position I did not apply for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IHOP (Pflugerville, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview one day after applying. The interview was easy, Oscar mainly asked about scheduling, work experience and the like. After we spoke casually for a while, he scheduled another one a few days later to speak with the general manager. No drug test, no questions about why I chose not to let them speak with my previous employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked when I'd be able to start basically. Really good, easy interview.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

I applied in person, was called for an interview about a week later. I was asked basic questions like what shift I would preferably work, but the interview was not difficult at all.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

Applied online, called an hour after application finished, just had to show up with a social security card and I was hired. A few questions regarding work history, if I've been to jail, etc. No drug testing or background checks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IHOP (Panama City, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received a phone call for an interview a few days afterwards. It was only one interview, and was very short, and I had the job. They will more than likely hire you if you don't have any serving experience if you smile and act approachable.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHOP.

Interview

Put in an application online I was called two weeks later for an interview. When I got there for an interview the manager was not in and didn't come back until half an hour later the preceded to interview me and an other person . Interview went great !

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ihop ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvington, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IHOP (Irvington, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was a 3 step first was the initial interview then you come back for a test, if you pass the test with an 80 or higher you meet the boss.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 qualities you can bring to the table.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hiram, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IHOP (Hiram, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was told by a friend to apply so I did. Through my friend, my manager told me to come in for an interview on Saturday evening. She did not interview me. She asked me my availability and told me when she wanted me in for training