IHOP Server Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

1.8

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at IHOP.

I got an interview after walking into the restaurant. Filled out an application and handed it to the store manager. Didn't recieve a call so I called the restaurant and asked them what was the status of my application. They set up an interview for that same day. Just basically got asked my experience and what position I was applying for. Very easy.

Most of your money is made off of tips.

Other Interview Reviews for IHOP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHOP in June 2014.

I walked i between the hours it said to come in and apply on their ad. Filled it out, talked to the lady.. She asked me tell me about yourself. So I did.. and she hired me. The easiest interview ever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHOP in May 2014.

There was practically no interview, only questions about my availability. I applied online through a career website and was called later that afternoon. The manager asked me to come in one evening and all she did was photocopy my drivers license and social security and told me when i started training.

Server Interview

Getting hired is difficult cause the managment is always so busy that they dont have very much time to sit down and do an interview

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IHOP.

Very short interview process with both the Store manager and the assistant store manager at the same time. They weren't very attentive (cell phones on and ringing and actually answering it during the interview). It seemed like they were just going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a situation where I thought I knew how to do something better than a supervisor, and how I dealt with that situation.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHOP.

Interviewed with both the assistant and store manager before being hired.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected questions that were asked of me during the interview process.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. All servers are hired at the same pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IHOP in October 2013.

I filled out an application then called in the day after I applied I had an interview for the next day. Then after that interview I had a second interview for the following day and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was Have you ever made a major mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IHOP in September 2013.

they act like complete jerks to you during the interview.. but nothing changed while you were working there either...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bern, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bern, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IHOP.

Walked in for application, was met by employee who was working the register and refused to give an application. I waited and caught a manager walking by who brought me an application happily, I asked I i could take a seat to fill out the application immediately he said yes please do. I filled it out and turned it back into him. He immediately asked me to come back in a few days later for an interview, I was then offered the job at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions, th equestions may have been a bit too personal.   Answer Question
    I asked for a quarter over my local min wage for a serving position and I received that, each time I returned, however the second time i went back to work for the company the min wage had dropped by $1 so I was being paid less then I initially was. This was discussed with me i was told they were only allowed to pay a certain amount over min-wage for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHOP in August 2013.

Easy fill an app sign your name and get a 10 min interview 5 min talking 5 min paperwork and your in.

Interview Questions
    • Non existent.they will pretty much take anyone as long as they like you.   Answer Question