IHS CERA Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at IHS CERA

Senior Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IHS CERA in May 2014.

After three interviews (one phone, two in-person) and two editing tests, I was notified that they selected me as the final candidate for the position. However, I was subsequently informed that the approval process couldn't proceed because of budget discussions. Ultimately, the business decided not to fund the position. This was my second consecutive experience being in this situation.

This feedback is not directed at individuals, but at IHS CERA's hiring and interview process. When you post a position, consider if it has budget or not. It was disheartening to be chosen for this role, only to be informed that the position, after budget review, was eliminated. I understand that this type of business decision happens, but don't waste yours or a candidate's time if there's a possibility that a position(s) could be axed.

Interview Questions
    • A challenging aspect of the interview process was the on-screen editing skills assessment. It entailed reviewing a document in Microsoft Word written by an expert in their field, but whose first language was not English.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IHS CERA in November 2011.

It was long.

Not very flexible and not very responsive to requests.