IHS

2.9

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHS.

Interviewed with 4 different people. One of them didn't even seem to know what he was doing and was a total waste of time. I was told I'd be contacted in a week or so. A week passed and I called only to be told this nonsense: "Your interview was very good, but we decided to pass and continue interviewing." They seem not to know what they want, I'm never wasting my time with this group again.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IHS.

Interview by panel of colleagues - including VP, two senior directors. Each level of the consulting group was represented. Interview took about 2 hours, no outrageous questions. Not too many technical questions. Emphasis on excel and MS Office skill set. They seem to really appreciate "normal" people. If traveling for interview, they may put you up in a hotel and reimburse you. The process is pretty easy and doesn't take too long.

Principal Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at IHS in October 2014.

I applied for a different job and was invited to apply for Principal Research Role on October 3, 2014. I got a call few days later from HR guy who asked me about what I am doing currently and where I am employed. Then he told me that he would take my resume to the hiring managers to see what they say. Then he called me back on October 14, 2014 and informed me that I have been scheduled to come in for an interview on October 20, 2014. The interview started with 2 people. One was the director and the other was the senior manager.
    1. Tell me about yourself?
    2. Are you aware that you will be leaving your technical related tasks/job for an Analyst role?
    3. In your current job, is it your responsibility to write a report after doing a job offshore?
    4. Do you like writing?
    5. A lot of the questions were centered on my ability to write a report
    6. Then I was given 10 minutes to solve 2 question written for me on the board
    7. The questions were
    8 How many watches are there in the United States?
    9 How many of those watches are Rolex?
    Then after 10 minutes, only the senior manager came back to conclude the interview with me. We discussed my answers and how I arrived at then. He informed me that if I progress to the next stage, that they will be sending a test that I have to complete online and they will see how long it took me to finish it and how I did. He then concluded by telling me that I will be hearing from them shortly.

Interview Questions
    • 1 How many watches are there in the United States?
      2 How many of those watches are Rolex?
        View Answer

Senior Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IHS.

Emails between HR and myself concerning the position, then a phone interview, then an onsite interview with the hiring manager. Onsite interview was with 2 managers separately. Already experienced applicant did not have to take any online assessments with the company (most other companies do this). Easy going process, and relatively short interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of you greatest weaknesses?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at IHS in August 2013.

It took 8 weeks from application to offer. I was interviewed with 6 different people, 4 Sr Engineers and 2 Managers, the process was smooth but long. The interview questions were based mostly on previous work exp and some technical. Not too hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHS.

I was interviewed by three people in the department and they did a lot of the talking. The only question they were concerned with was whether I would be a good fit. They would have been better off giving a psych eval.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real questions which should have been a red flag. Just some general conversation.   Answer Question
    There was a verbal offer and then a follow up written offer.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHS.

I was contacted by one of the recruiters, The interview process went smoothly with me seeing in total 3 employees before finally meeting the director. The interview went well still awaiting a final decision in 2 or 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you talk to a difficult director about how to improve a situation and how he is involved.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHS in July 2012.

Contacted by HR, set up face to face interview the following week. Met with 1 senior analyst, 3 managing director and 1 district manager. Heard back from HR the following day, saying they would like to make an offer. Received the offer letter package in a week.
    Friendly people, nice environment.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about previous experience, career goal, how do you handle difficulties, etc.
      Tell me about your understanding of the whole petrochemical process.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at IHS in July 2012.

Application to offer was an 8 week process.The HR person called me to discuss the opportunity and she briefly interviewed after which she setup the interviews with 4 Sr. Engineers, Manager and the Dir of the dept. Interviews with the Sr Engineers was technical mostly based on your resume. Overall experience was positive.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHS in May 2012.

The interview lasted around 2 hours. It was a group interview with 3 employees, one division head and two directors. At the very beginning, they asked several behavioral questions mainly focusing on previous working background and how these experience may help the candidate to contribute at this position. Then They gave me a case question and 10 minutes for preparation. The last piece was a simplified case question. They asked me to explain the approach I would take to find the answer.

Interview Questions
    • Let us know how you can better contribute at this position.   View Answer