IHS Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.8

Marketing Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IHS (Houston, TX).

Interview

There were multiple interviews with various internal stakeholders - ranging from marketing to sales. First interview was very brief - more introductory. Following that, I met with other marketing stakeholders and sales managers.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IHS (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and was calling in for an interview 1 - 2 weeks later. Had one on one interviews with the hiring manager as well as one of the team members. Interview was fairly simple with regular questions about strengths/weaknesses, it was more about what the scope of the work was for internship duration and what I was expected to accomplish.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IHS.

Interview

Pre-interview contact was done via email. In-person interviews were conducted with hiring manager, department head, and several department colleagues. All interviews were done in one day over a 3 hour period, which was fine with me. I would have liked to see the office environment during my visit, but was put in a conference room close to the entrance. A separate on-boarding department, not the hiring manager, makes the offer and discusses salary and benefits. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused on reviewing work experience in detail, as well as several scenario-based questions to uncover how I would handle issues.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not applicable.

Marketing Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IHS.

Interview

The process went smoothly and I really enjoyed getting to know the company and the leadership. Then they asked the wrong question - it was not so much what they asked but how they asked it. I was under the impression the company was trying to change it's perception in the marketplace and was persuaded that it was a kinder, gentler company at first.

Interview Questions

• The person in this position will need to lay off people over the next 6 months. Are you ready to do that?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IHS.

Interview

Applied online, and HR called me a week after to schedule an interview with a Director. The manager was very welcoming and the interview was very conversational, focusing on my resume and experience. Completed an Excel test a week after the interview, and received the offer a few days after the test.

Interview Questions

• Position focused in Latin America, so the Director conducted part of the interview in Spanish.   Answer Question

Project Manager - Big Data Anlytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IHS (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview process (not at all taxing like the other firms). I had like 2-3 phone interviews with the BDA team. I was then called on-site for a final interview. After my on-site interview I realized that most (>90%) of the comments on glassdoor about iHS were true. Data doesn't lie! I am happy I did not join the company:-).

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Everything was straightforward.   Answer Question

There were many red flags during my interview. 1) any interview is composed of 2 parts: the first is the company determining if you are fit for the role and the second is they selling the role to you. This did not happen during the interview 2) there was no time left to ask my interviewers any questions (this is another big red flag). It was always the interviewers throwing questions at me.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IHS (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online, and the next day I got an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was typical, nothing I didn't expect. I would recommend researching the company and knowing what your specific role would be in the company. They just asked about my past experience, what I knew about the company, and where I saw myself in 5 years. It's been a week and I haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• I think the recruiter asked me one personality question: "give me an example of a time when..." I can't remember specifically. So I would prepare some answers for some of those types of questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IHS.

Interview

I did not get hired yet. Im waiting to hear back from my final interview. What i noticed though is that you have to stay on top of HR, because they take their time and did not meet the dates that they were supposed to get back at me. Being on top of them politely and understanding they are busy did not create a problem with me advancing to the final process of interviews...

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions such as terms of what would be analyzing when doing the job. There are various position descriptions for this same title, so it will vary. What I recommend is that you get very well familiarized with what would be analyzed. And most importantly, my position was very quantitative, so its important that you can offer the flexibility to learn (and quickly) new tools for quantitative analysis.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IHS (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview by panel of colleagues - including VP, two senior directors. Each level of the consulting group was represented. Interview took about 2 hours, no outrageous questions. Not too many technical questions. Emphasis on excel and MS Office skill set. They seem to really appreciate "normal" people. If traveling for interview, they may put you up in a hotel and reimburse you. The process is pretty easy and doesn't take too long.

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IHS (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with 4 different people. One of them didn't even seem to know what he was doing and was a total waste of time. I was told I'd be contacted in a week or so. A week passed and I called only to be told this nonsense: "Your interview was very good, but we decided to pass and continue interviewing." They seem not to know what they want, I'm never wasting my time with this group again.