IHS

Getting the Interview

42 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IHS.

Interview Details – several rigorous interviews which was odd because they pursued me. Wanted to physically see awards I had won at previous jobs.

Interview Question – I was applying for a sales position and was asked if I like sales.   Answer Question

Data Clerk Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IHS in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by Manager after being contacted by Human Resources on phone. Was given an over the phone interview and was then scheduled the following week to do in person interview. Interview in person took about 45 minutes and did seem to go very well. I was told that I would be contacted the next week once a decision was made.

Interview Question – Why was I not working in my previous occupation?   View Answer

Business Support Interview

Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IHS.

Interview Details – I loved my interview process at IHS. I had the best recruiter - very down-to-earth and pleasant. she didn't shove the fact that my economic future was in her grips like other HR people today who suffer with control issues.

Interview Question – I prepped really hard so was prepared for anything. They happened to ask alot of the questions that I had researched. 'What value do you bring, or what's 1 thing that sets you apart from everyone else?'   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In my initial HR phone screen, they asked what my salary expectations were, and I provided a small range. IHS came in at the highest point of my range.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IHS in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had one employee forwarded my resume and I received a call from a recruiter the next day. The interview questions were farily basic. The recruiter told me she would talk directly to my supervisor-to-be and figure out a day for me to have an on-site interview. Then I never heard back from them for weeks. I called the recruiter and left a message. Later that day I received an email and was informed that they decided not to offer me the position.

Interview Question – Farily basic questions on my resume.   Answer Question

Web Producer Interview

Web Producer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IHS in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview.

Interview Question – Fairly straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They stated they amount they would pay, no negotiation.

Senior Research Analyst II? Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IHS.

Interview Details – I applied for this job twice - once via the website and the second time through a referral. Of course, I got a call back once I was referred. I started off with an HR interview, then interview with the hiring director. After that, I came in for a full day of interviews plus a job talk. Everything went well, so I thought. They liked my job talk, my experience, my academic pedigree... nothing prepared me for the bait and switch of their offering me a LOWER position than the one advertised! It was insulting, to say the least. I learned, though, that I'm no the only one that this has happened to. When I spoke with friends it turned out that in my circle I know two other people who have interviewed with IHS and gotten the bait and switch offer, with the explanation that they just weren't qualified for the position they interviewed for. I turned it down, I don't think I could work in such a bullying, toxic environment.

Interview Question – No surprise questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IHS in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online was contacted about a phone interview with one of the team's engineers. Interview starts off mostly about your background, then goes into the weedout questions. Mostly school book question on software development concepts, methodologies, etc. Followed by one problem solving question and then a few more questions about your experience.

Interview Question – What is SDLC, Unit Testing, OO and the 4 Tenets, Advantages of OO, PK vs UK   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at IHS in July 2012.

Interview Details – Application to offer was an 8 week process.The HR person called me to discuss the opportunity and she briefly interviewed after which she setup the interviews with 4 Sr. Engineers, Manager and the Dir of the dept. Interviews with the Sr Engineers was technical mostly based on your resume. Overall experience was positive.

Interview Question – Why IHs?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IHS.

Interview Details – Was recruited to the company by a headhunter. Process was very professional from first interviews through on-boarding. After providing my resume and cover letter with career background, conducted interviews with headhunter, who then set up interview with hiring manager by phone. After the phone interview I was invited to Englewood for in-person interviews with the hiring manager, and other senior business line leaders.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult or unexpected question. Maybe it's because I've interviewed for other positions before, but I did not experience anything that surprised or concerned me. The interviews with senior leadership other than the hiring manager were a bit unexpected, but it was more about determining if I was a fit with the company culture and work responsibilities.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at IHS in August 2013.

Interview Details – It took 8 weeks from application to offer. I was interviewed with 6 different people, 4 Sr Engineers and 2 Managers, the process was smooth but long. The interview questions were based mostly on previous work exp and some technical. Not too hard.

Interview Question – Why IHS?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at IHS

Worked for IHS? Contribute to the Community!

IHS Videos

IHS – Why Work for Us?

At IHS, we are Advancing Decisions that Advance the World™. Our team of more than 8,000 global colleagues is comprised of world renowned experts who thrive in our dynamic, diverse, fast-growing environment. IHS at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IHS interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by IHS employees and interview candidates.