IHS

50 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Usability Interview

Usability

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IHS.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with HR and then the department head. Finally I had an on-site interview with key members of the team. Typical questions. Easy going team.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation took a considerable amount of time. More concession from the potential employee rather than from the company.

Senior Analyst II Interview

Senior Analyst II
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IHS.

Interview Details – Emails between HR and myself concerning the position, then a phone interview, then an onsite interview with the hiring manager. Onsite interview was with 2 managers separately. Already experienced applicant did not have to take any online assessments with the company (most other companies do this). Easy going process, and relatively short interview process.

Interview Question – What is one of you greatest weaknesses?   View Answer

Senior Analyst II Interview

Senior Analyst II

Interviewed at IHS

Interview Details – I joined via the acquisition of my previous employer, then switched groups. I had a phone interview with my new boss, who decided to bring me on based on that. It was a lateral move, so no salary negotiation was involved.

Negotiation Details – None.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IHS in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was short and sweet. Quick decisions were made and confidentiality was maintained. The interviewers were knowledgeable in the field and asked provoking questions. There were a series of one-on-one interviews onsite and I had a chance to learn a great deal about the culture. They were good people.

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IHS.

Interview Details – several rigorous interviews which was odd because they pursued me. Wanted to physically see awards I had won at previous jobs.

Interview Question – I was applying for a sales position and was asked if I like sales.   Answer Question

Data Clerk Interview

Data Clerk
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IHS in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by Manager after being contacted by Human Resources on phone. Was given an over the phone interview and was then scheduled the following week to do in person interview. Interview in person took about 45 minutes and did seem to go very well. I was told that I would be contacted the next week once a decision was made.

Interview Question – Why was I not working in my previous occupation?   View Answer

Business Support Interview

Business Support
Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IHS.

Interview Details – I loved my interview process at IHS. I had the best recruiter - very down-to-earth and pleasant. she didn't shove the fact that my economic future was in her grips like other HR people today who suffer with control issues.

Interview Question – I prepped really hard so was prepared for anything. They happened to ask alot of the questions that I had researched. 'What value do you bring, or what's 1 thing that sets you apart from everyone else?'   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In my initial HR phone screen, they asked what my salary expectations were, and I provided a small range. IHS came in at the highest point of my range.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IHS in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had one employee forwarded my resume and I received a call from a recruiter the next day. The interview questions were farily basic. The recruiter told me she would talk directly to my supervisor-to-be and figure out a day for me to have an on-site interview. Then I never heard back from them for weeks. I called the recruiter and left a message. Later that day I received an email and was informed that they decided not to offer me the position.

Interview Question – Farily basic questions on my resume.   Answer Question

Web Producer Interview

Web Producer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IHS in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview.

Interview Question – Fairly straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They stated they amount they would pay, no negotiation.

Senior Research Analyst II? Interview

Senior Research Analyst II?
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IHS.

Interview Details – I applied for this job twice - once via the website and the second time through a referral. Of course, I got a call back once I was referred. I started off with an HR interview, then interview with the hiring director. After that, I came in for a full day of interviews plus a job talk. Everything went well, so I thought. They liked my job talk, my experience, my academic pedigree... nothing prepared me for the bait and switch of their offering me a LOWER position than the one advertised! It was insulting, to say the least. I learned, though, that I'm no the only one that this has happened to. When I spoke with friends it turned out that in my circle I know two other people who have interviewed with IHS and gotten the bait and switch offer, with the explanation that they just weren't qualified for the position they interviewed for. I turned it down, I don't think I could work in such a bullying, toxic environment.

Interview Question – No surprise questions.   Answer Question

Worked for IHS? Contribute to the Community!