IHS Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.8

Senior Research Analyst II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IHS.

I did not get hired yet. Im waiting to hear back from my final interview. What i noticed though is that you have to stay on top of HR, because they take their time and did not meet the dates that they were supposed to get back at me. Being on top of them politely and understanding they are busy did not create a problem with me advancing to the final process of interviews...

Interview Questions
    • They asked technical questions such as terms of what would be analyzing when doing the job. There are various position descriptions for this same title, so it will vary. What I recommend is that you get very well familiarized with what would be analyzed. And most importantly, my position was very quantitative, so its important that you can offer the flexibility to learn (and quickly) new tools for quantitative analysis.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IHS.

Interview by panel of colleagues - including VP, two senior directors. Each level of the consulting group was represented. Interview took about 2 hours, no outrageous questions. Not too many technical questions. Emphasis on excel and MS Office skill set. They seem to really appreciate "normal" people. If traveling for interview, they may put you up in a hotel and reimburse you. The process is pretty easy and doesn't take too long.

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHS.

Interviewed with 4 different people. One of them didn't even seem to know what he was doing and was a total waste of time. I was told I'd be contacted in a week or so. A week passed and I called only to be told this nonsense: "Your interview was very good, but we decided to pass and continue interviewing." They seem not to know what they want, I'm never wasting my time with this group again.

Senior Database Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IHS.

The interview process was simple, not much of a technical interview. They were not having an easy time finding good help. Hiring process was time consuming. The offer was low, but I thought I would get good experience. That did not turn out to be the case.

Usability Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IHS.

Started with a phone interview with HR and then the department head. Finally I had an on-site interview with key members of the team. Typical questions. Easy going team.

Negotiation took a considerable amount of time. More concession from the potential employee rather than from the company.

Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at IHS in June 2014.

Applied online, referred by a employee. 1st round is 30 mins interview followed by on-site interview with managers, consultants and directors. Mostly behavior questions, a small case and questions about research experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, know the projects you have done, the accomplishment you have achieved and the difficulties you faced.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IHS.

Emails between HR and myself concerning the position, then a phone interview, then an onsite interview with the hiring manager. Onsite interview was with 2 managers separately. Already experienced applicant did not have to take any online assessments with the company (most other companies do this). Easy going process, and relatively short interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of you greatest weaknesses?   View Answer

Senior Analyst II Interview

I joined via the acquisition of my previous employer, then switched groups. I had a phone interview with my new boss, who decided to bring me on based on that. It was a lateral move, so no salary negotiation was involved.

None.

Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IHS.

several rigorous interviews which was odd because they pursued me. Wanted to physically see awards I had won at previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • I was applying for a sales position and was asked if I like sales.   Answer Question

Business Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at IHS.

I loved my interview process at IHS. I had the best recruiter - very down-to-earth and pleasant. she didn't shove the fact that my economic future was in her grips like other HR people today who suffer with control issues.

Interview Questions
    • I prepped really hard so was prepared for anything. They happened to ask alot of the questions that I had researched. 'What value do you bring, or what's 1 thing that sets you apart from everyone else?'   View Answer
    In my initial HR phone screen, they asked what my salary expectations were, and I provided a small range. IHS came in at the highest point of my range.