IHS

2.8

Project Manager - Big Data Anlytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IHS.

It was a pretty easy interview process (not at all taxing like the other firms). I had like 2-3 phone interviews with the BDA team. I was then called on-site for a final interview. After my on-site interview I realized that most (>90%) of the comments on glassdoor about iHS were true. Data doesn't lie! I am happy I did not join the company:-).

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Everything was straightforward.   Answer Question

There were many red flags during my interview. 1) any interview is composed of 2 parts: the first is the company determining if you are fit for the role and the second is they selling the role to you. This did not happen during the interview 2) there was no time left to ask my interviewers any questions (this is another big red flag). It was always the interviewers throwing questions at me.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IHS in November 2014.

I submitted my application online, and the next day I got an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was typical, nothing I didn't expect. I would recommend researching the company and knowing what your specific role would be in the company. They just asked about my past experience, what I knew about the company, and where I saw myself in 5 years. It's been a week and I haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions
    • I think the recruiter asked me one personality question: "give me an example of a time when..." I can't remember specifically. So I would prepare some answers for some of those types of questions   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IHS.

I did not get hired yet. Im waiting to hear back from my final interview. What i noticed though is that you have to stay on top of HR, because they take their time and did not meet the dates that they were supposed to get back at me. Being on top of them politely and understanding they are busy did not create a problem with me advancing to the final process of interviews...

Interview Questions
    • They asked technical questions such as terms of what would be analyzing when doing the job. There are various position descriptions for this same title, so it will vary. What I recommend is that you get very well familiarized with what would be analyzed. And most importantly, my position was very quantitative, so its important that you can offer the flexibility to learn (and quickly) new tools for quantitative analysis.   Answer Question

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IHS.

Interviewed with 4 different people. One of them didn't even seem to know what he was doing and was a total waste of time. I was told I'd be contacted in a week or so. A week passed and I called only to be told this nonsense: "Your interview was very good, but we decided to pass and continue interviewing." They seem not to know what they want, I'm never wasting my time with this group again.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IHS.

Interview by panel of colleagues - including VP, two senior directors. Each level of the consulting group was represented. Interview took about 2 hours, no outrageous questions. Not too many technical questions. Emphasis on excel and MS Office skill set. They seem to really appreciate "normal" people. If traveling for interview, they may put you up in a hotel and reimburse you. The process is pretty easy and doesn't take too long.

Software Engineer - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Greenbush, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Greenbush, NY

I applied online – interviewed at IHS in October 2014.

Applied through linkedIn. Was asked for a phone screening by a senior manager. It was easy and lasted for 10 minutes. He asked some basic questions like OO principles and database concepts. Got an email next day saying that they want to set up a call with three of the senior software engineers. Even the second round was easy, they asked some basic questions related to agile methodologies. And they were satisfied and set up a Skype call for the third round. And the day before the call, I got a mail saying I was not selected. I do not know what really happened. They dint even give me a reason and sent me an automated e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing tough. The first two rounds were easy, basic conceptual questions.   Answer Question

Principal Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at IHS in October 2014.

I applied for a different job and was invited to apply for Principal Research Role on October 3, 2014. I got a call few days later from HR guy who asked me about what I am doing currently and where I am employed. Then he told me that he would take my resume to the hiring managers to see what they say. Then he called me back on October 14, 2014 and informed me that I have been scheduled to come in for an interview on October 20, 2014. The interview started with 2 people. One was the director and the other was the senior manager.
    1. Tell me about yourself?
    2. Are you aware that you will be leaving your technical related tasks/job for an Analyst role?
    3. In your current job, is it your responsibility to write a report after doing a job offshore?
    4. Do you like writing?
    5. A lot of the questions were centered on my ability to write a report
    6. Then I was given 10 minutes to solve 2 question written for me on the board
    7. The questions were
    8 How many watches are there in the United States?
    9 How many of those watches are Rolex?
    Then after 10 minutes, only the senior manager came back to conclude the interview with me. We discussed my answers and how I arrived at then. He informed me that if I progress to the next stage, that they will be sending a test that I have to complete online and they will see how long it took me to finish it and how I did. He then concluded by telling me that I will be hearing from them shortly.

Interview Questions
    • 1 How many watches are there in the United States?
      2 How many of those watches are Rolex?
        View Answer

Senior Database Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IHS.

The interview process was simple, not much of a technical interview. They were not having an easy time finding good help. Hiring process was time consuming. The offer was low, but I thought I would get good experience. That did not turn out to be the case.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IHS in July 2014.

My interview at IHS was an interesting experience. Having not gone through the formal job interviewing process in many years, I was somewhat curious to see if the process had changed much. At IHS, the process was not stressful but I did feel challenged during the interviews. I was requested to come onsite 4 different times to interview with a variety of people, the last being the most important due to the nature of the position. I'm assuming that if at any point in the times I came in for subsequent interviews and that I was deemed "unworthy", the subsequent follow on interview would never have happened. The fact I made it to the final interview was reassuring that I still could hold my own in formal job interviews.

I have nothing but nice things to say about the HR Manager that I worked with as well as the hiring VP. The interviewing process was explained in the beginning and it didn't deviate at all. I felt I was treated fairly and with respect. In the end, the job was offered to an internal candidate. While I was highly disappointed I wasn't selected, I'm a big believer in hiring internally whenever possible.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where I failed to meet my manager's expectation and what lessons did I learn from it.   Answer Question

Usability Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IHS.

Started with a phone interview with HR and then the department head. Finally I had an on-site interview with key members of the team. Typical questions. Easy going team.

Negotiation took a considerable amount of time. More concession from the potential employee rather than from the company.