IHS Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at IHS in October 2013.

Process was fast enough. One phone interview, then two in-person interviews. The drug screen process was frustrating. They use a large organization that has clinics here. Very busy – and not enough help. They misplaced my first test, and by the time they found it, it was too old. Had to retake. The drug screen process took 29 days – that was longer than the hiring process

Interview Questions
    • During the second interview – one of the interviewees said: Our goal here is to show you why IHS is so great to work for. I loved hearing that – nearly caught me off guard. Who expects someone to say that in an interview. But it's a very professional way of asking the same question -- what do you know about our company? Have you done your homework? That was my cue to tell them why I wanted the job.   Answer Question

Senior Database Administrator Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IHS.

The interview process was simple, not much of a technical interview. They were not having an easy time finding good help. Hiring process was time consuming. The offer was low, but I thought I would get good experience. That did not turn out to be the case.

Usability Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IHS.

Started with a phone interview with HR and then the department head. Finally I had an on-site interview with key members of the team. Typical questions. Easy going team.

Negotiation took a considerable amount of time. More concession from the potential employee rather than from the company.

Senior Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IHS.

Emails between HR and myself concerning the position, then a phone interview, then an onsite interview with the hiring manager. Onsite interview was with 2 managers separately. Already experienced applicant did not have to take any online assessments with the company (most other companies do this). Easy going process, and relatively short interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of you greatest weaknesses?   View Answer

Senior Analyst II Interview

I joined via the acquisition of my previous employer, then switched groups. I had a phone interview with my new boss, who decided to bring me on based on that. It was a lateral move, so no salary negotiation was involved.

None.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IHS in December 2011.

The interview process was short and sweet. Quick decisions were made and confidentiality was maintained. The interviewers were knowledgeable in the field and asked provoking questions. There were a series of one-on-one interviews onsite and I had a chance to learn a great deal about the culture. They were good people.

Sales Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IHS.

several rigorous interviews which was odd because they pursued me. Wanted to physically see awards I had won at previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • I was applying for a sales position and was asked if I like sales.   Answer Question

Data Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IHS in February 2010.

Interviewed by Manager after being contacted by Human Resources on phone. Was given an over the phone interview and was then scheduled the following week to do in person interview. Interview in person took about 45 minutes and did seem to go very well. I was told that I would be contacted the next week once a decision was made.

Interview Questions
    • Why was I not working in my previous occupation?   View Answer

Business Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IHS.

I loved my interview process at IHS. I had the best recruiter - very down-to-earth and pleasant. she didn't shove the fact that my economic future was in her grips like other HR people today who suffer with control issues.

Interview Questions
    • I prepped really hard so was prepared for anything. They happened to ask alot of the questions that I had researched. 'What value do you bring, or what's 1 thing that sets you apart from everyone else?'   View Answer
    In my initial HR phone screen, they asked what my salary expectations were, and I provided a small range. IHS came in at the highest point of my range.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at IHS in September 2013.

I had one employee forwarded my resume and I received a call from a recruiter the next day. The interview questions were farily basic. The recruiter told me she would talk directly to my supervisor-to-be and figure out a day for me to have an on-site interview. Then I never heard back from them for weeks. I called the recruiter and left a message. Later that day I received an email and was informed that they decided not to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for IHS? Contribute to the Community!