IHS

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IHS in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview lasted around 2 hours. It was a group interview with 3 employees, one division head and two directors. At the very beginning, they asked several behavioral questions mainly focusing on previous working background and how these experience may help the candidate to contribute at this position. Then They gave me a case question and 10 minutes for preparation. The last piece was a simplified case question. They asked me to explain the approach I would take to find the answer.

Interview Question – Let us know how you can better contribute at this position.   View Answer

Paris (France)

I applied online - interviewed at IHS in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewing process consisted of a 15 minute overview of the company and department for which I was applying and then the rest of the time was spent going through my CV point by point. I was basically asked to explain (defend) each job choice. I also was not aware that interviewers no longer try to get to know the applicant a little before getting straight down to business. This made it almost immediately apparent that I would not be a good fit for the company - as getting along with my colleagues and having good work relationships are very important to me.

Interview Question – I was not prepared for how little having a research degree would help my interview and how much having lived in other countries would be considered as career jumping. My negative interview was partly my fault, as I had prepared to talk about my experiences and why I wanted to work for the company, but had not prepared for the different types of interviews I could experience.   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IHS in May 2008.

Interview Details – Was contacted soon after sending my CV. There were 2 interviews and 1 written test. We had to write a written response to a case study within 30 minutes. Had a very good impression of the work culture because everyone seemed quite happy at work.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult situation ?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at IHS

Worked for IHS? Contribute to the Community!

IHS Videos

IHS – Why Work for Us?

At IHS, we are Advancing Decisions that Advance the World™. Our team of more than 8,000 global colleagues is comprised of world renowned experts who thrive in our dynamic, diverse, fast-growing environment. IHS at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IHS Research Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by IHS employees and interview candidates.