IISC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Project Assistant Interview

Interview

they ask some basic question related to ur field only, hence prepare propely go throught the research from there lab n Institute of Science (IISc) is a public university for scientific research and higher education located in Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore), India. Established in 1909 with active support from Jamsetji Tata it is also locally known as the "Tata Institute".[3] It acquired the status of a Deemed University in 1958. IISc is widely regarded as India's finest institution in its field,[4][5][6][7][8] and has been ranked at number 11 world wide (and ranked 3rd in Asia) when considering the criteria of Citations per Faculty in 2014.[5] IISc has been ranked number 1 and 4 in the BRICS and Asian region respectively while considering the criteria of Pa

M E Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IISC.

Interview

You need to get very good rank in gate and then followed by an interview depending on the course you apply. I had got a very good rank n gat under 10 in mechanical. Then based on my score I applied to three univerisitis, IITM, IISC, IITK and got direct call into IISc

M E Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IISC (Bangalore (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was selected from GATE score.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at IISC (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Lecture at the department and then meeting with Individual professors. Everyone has unique questions, both social and scientific. Generally very friendly but difficult to evaluate the opinion at the end of the discussion.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term and long term plan towards your independent research career in this institution.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is based on the experience and fixed according to Govt of India regulations. BUT one can negotiate the start up research grant.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IISC (Bangalore (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

I came to know about the position openings from my senior, who was former employee of here, though it was in website also. Then I applied through mail and went through interview after that they send a contract offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation phase only for the time of joining, not regarding salary as the salary of post doctoral fellow is fixed by DST.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IISC (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

the selection procedure was left to the home institute i.e for eg. in our case our institute selected the top 10 from our department and among that the top 3 were selected. the selection process is expected to change from this year on wards.

Interview Questions

• nothing as such but i would advice for a strong resume and good conduct with the HOD   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IISC (Bangalore (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

First of all you have to qualify any one of the following written exams with very good rank, preferably bellow 100 (may change year to year) NET JEST GATE Then you have to apply for admission to iisc. if you are sort listed then you will be called for interview. You may appear at three different department for interview. The panel will contain the prof who are willing to take student for that year. They will first ask you question from the subject you are most comfortable. They will start from easy question and slowly go to difficult one. They will only test your knowledge on related subject. The people are very helpful in interview For int phd, you have to appear iisc admission written test, which is conducted in all major cites in india. And for under graduate you have to qualify kvpy exam.

Interview Questions

• There will not be any unexpected question. They will only ask question from your subject.   1 Answer

PhD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IISC (Bangalore (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

There was just one guy. He asked about my background and which research topic am i interested in. I said analog IC design. He said they are not doing any research in analog IC design and he suggested to apply at IIT Chennai.

Systems Administrator Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IISC (Bangalore (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

There are two rounds. 1. Written Test - On the Engineering Subjects 2. Interview - On C Programming and Unix

Interview Questions

• How to delete a non Empty Hidden Directory in Unix?   1 Answer
    • Any one C program Based on Interviewer   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well prepare the two subjects C programming and Unix

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IISC (Bangalore (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

It was based on my academics , as I was still an undergraduate student. It had to with Signal processing, Signals and systems and some communication related subjects, as the research I was going to be involved in revolved around those topics