IIT Bombay Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.5

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IIT Bombay.

Interview

Had to mail the professor several time and finally on the day of meet showed him the findings, project demos, reason the failures that occurred previously. The iynterview was project specific and some questions regarding the concepts behind project was asked like why this microcontroller, why not SPI over I2C. Codes were not tested in detail.

Interview Questions

• Would you work for the entire year?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Brief Phone Interview with basic questions just asked by the professor under whom you are applying.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the applied field.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed pay.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IIT Bombay in December 2013.

Interview

Had a phone Interview. I was interviewed by a professor who was very friendly. It was a great experience discussing concepts in operations research. questions were based on Operations Research. Some were based from my resume as well.

Interview Questions

• questions were based on Operations Research. Some were based from my resume as well. I was interviewed by a professor who was very friendly. It was a great experience discussing concepts in operations research   1 Answer

Research Scholar Interview

Interview

Written Test and Technical interview. Written test will be completly technical and based on mathematical and numerical problem. You have to work a lot to prepare yourself. If you cleared a cutoff marks then you get a call for interview.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IIT Bombay.

Interview

Applied through IITB website. Got a call letter after 3 months of application. The interview took just one day. No aptitude test was taken. Just an technical interview. In all a good interview experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IIT Bombay.

Interview

Selected on the basis of performance in your institute (CGPA) and other technical skills

Research Associate Interview

Interview

The hiring process is a two step process in which there is a first a written test and an interview conducted by some of the brilliant minds. But don't worry, they are just there to check how interested you really are in research.

Interview Questions

• Be very confident about the basics and be creative, don't expect ant direct questions.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IIT Bombay (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

A written test followed by an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is set by HRD

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IIT Bombay (Mumbai (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Initially there was written then it followed by Interview and selection. And first there was Written test to check domain knowledge. 100 out of 400 shortlisted for interview process then there was interview round where 18 got selected

Eklavya Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IIT Bombay (Mumbai (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

Register for the internship at the eklavya internship website generally during the months of Dec-Jan. Results are out by Feb, and you start your internship by May

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate except for the joining date.