IIT Madras

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IIT Madras in December 2014.

Details of specific fields and faculty positions currently being proposed for recruitment in
    different departments are listed in the website as departments / areas along with a list of
    interdisciplinary areas of interest. It is expected that faculty members will be affiliated to
    the department most closely associated with their research interests. However, they may
    teach core courses from other departments also so as to meet individual core course
    teaching load requirements

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IIT Madras.

The interview is after selection by advertisement. A committee questions your proposed project and tries to assess whether the candidate can handle it independently. Thye judge based on your presentation and publications. The whole thing took around half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The comittee asked me to suggest analternate project to the one I had put forward.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IIT Madras.

It started off as a call for summer internships in the Applied Mechanics department. I think there are a total of 3 positions available. The successful applicants are awarded the internship based on merit. The interns then meet the professors they want to work with and decide on a project. In most cases, its not going to be a significant contribution given the duration of 3 months.

No negotiations. Paltry salary but great research exposure. The experience is worth it

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at IIT Madras in October 2013.

Applied by through advertisement in paper-shortlist-Interview. On interview date it's already 1 Hour late by recruiting panel. I am the second person in list. In Interview they are asking like "Tell me about your self?" after that about my PG project and making of all regarding future scope.

Interview Questions
    • Why you choose this job?

What you will do after completion of this employment?

Answer Question
    I will strictly advice for who want to do work in research area

Project Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IIT Madras.

I got my job through Adhoc recommendation. I was already working under my Prof on my B.Tech. project and so for me the job assignment was a mere extension of my Under graduate project. Normally you will have to apply through IIT-Madras (ICSR portal) website and they will call if any of the professors are interested in your profile.

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennūr (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennūr (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IIT Madras in September 2012.

Initial communications will be available in the ICSR home page of IIT Madras and also will be circulated among the student mail circulation. There will be an interview after submitting the CV. Interview selection is purely based on the credentials and technical talent acquired by you, which matches with the job description

Interview Questions

Because i got an admission to University in abroad

M S Research Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

interviewed at IIT Madras in June 2012.

Interviewed by a committee of professors at the Ocean Engineering Department to test my technical knowledge and undergrad project experience. There were no typical H R questions just pure tecnical competence based interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to characterize the forces and equations at play on a pillar in the sea under wave loading.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IIT Madras in April 2012.

I sat for the interview in the month of april and then there were 3 rounds that were conducted basically to check my intelligence level and to see if i can take up the project independently. The sessions went well bu the only problem were the paper works that took more than 2 weeks to get completed.

Be prepared for some time consuming paper works,and long hours of waiting.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IIT Madras in April 2012.

A presentation followed by a series of interview sessions. Normally takes a complete day.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation are fixed as per Indian Government rules.

PhD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

interviewed at IIT Madras in June 2011.

test will conducted by iit m.pg students in engineering students can apply.ms students in iit m can convert to phd and can acquire degree early.

Interview Questions
    • The basics should be strong and the maths should be strong.   Answer Question