Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at IKEA
- Sales Associate (28)
- Cashier (25)
- Ikea Cashier (20)
- Sales Co-Worker (19)
- Interior Designer (12)
- Sales Coworker (7)
- Team Leader (7)
- Self Serve Sales Associate (6)
- Recovery Co-Worker (5)
- Ikea FOOD Cashier (5)
- Home Furnishing Sales Associate (5)
- Visual Merchandiser (4)
- Human Resources Generalist (4)
- IKEA Kitchen Seller (4)
- Receiving/Replenishment Coworker (3)
- General Warehouse Co-Worker (3)
- Bistro Cashier (3)
- Front End Cashier (3)
- Sales Manager (3)
- Co-worker- Sales Floor (3)
- Coworker (3)
- CO-Worker (3)
- Call Center Representative (2)
- Interior & Visual Merchandiser (2)
- Customer Service (2)
- Customer Service Associate (2)
- Customer Service Manager (2)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Sales (2)
- Warehouse (2)
Helpful (4)No OfferNegative Experience
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.
I applied for a full time sales position and was contacted for an interview a few weeks later. And by "contacted" I mean the manager happened to see me and wanted to do the interview right then. There was no real planning on his part. After answering some generic questions, the interview took a sour turn. His demeanor was very pompous and arrogant. Additionally, he made snide remarks about my career aspirations and answers to his questions. I withdrew my application the same day; no job is worth that disrespect.
- "What are your career goals/do you have any other job besides working at IKEA?" "If hired when can you begin?" 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.
Called by HR manager at the store. Interviewed with the manager of my department. Questions were asked in a nice, quiet room. Questions are straightforward and there is emphasis on having a conversation rather than a grilling. Was walked through the department and introduced to other co-workers. Very nice. After that, was called in to do the drug screen (mouth swab) and the date of orientation. Orientation is great with good 1-on-1 time with the store manager.
- Describe a time you went above the call to help a customer. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.
Went through two interviews with upper management for the food department and HR for overall store. Also a pre-phone interview. Process was easy. Took drug test, answered questions about life and landed job.
- Name a time when you were faced with a challenge and had to solve it. Answer Question