IKEA

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in July 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out the application online, heard back the next day thru email saying that the postion was filled. Applied again, got an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told that my application would be sent to the location which I applied. Few weeks later I was called for another phone interview and an in person interivew. The in person interview was fairly easy. Normal behavioral interview questions. I was told I had to do a background check which was the most difficult part. Ikea does their background checks through a very unprofessional comapany, and it took almost two weeks for the check to be completed. I was also told I would recieve an email once it was recieved, but I never did. I ended up having to call ikea myself to make sure they recieved my information.

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details – applied online, received an email, went in for an interview, was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for IKEA?   Answer Question

Carson, CA

I applied online and interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – I filled out application online and a few days later I recieved a phone call from outside state. They left a message. I called back and the interview answered and proceeded with the interview. It was rather quick. He said he would forward my answer to the store manager in 7 to 10 days

Interview Question – why would like to work for IKEA?   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA in November 2012.

Interview Details – applied online,received an email inviting me to there on the spot hiring event, that same day got interview and got a drug test..still waiting for there call hope they call me.

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – Submitted app online, recieved email to call in for a phone iterview about one week later. Called left message. Hiring Manager called me back the next day and asked me three question.
1) why ikea
2) describe a time you had to work part as a team, what was your role and what was the outcome
3) describe a time you had to work with someone different from you
Then he stated someone would call me back in 7-10 days

The next evening I got a phone call asking me to come in for an in person interview which was scheduled for the following day. When I arrived I filled out a paper app which included a background and credit consent form. I interviewed with two dept. managers, very very nice ladies. The began with "tell me about yourself". They asked about 5 behavioral questions, told me the pay for this position and asked me if I had any questions. Before I left they gave me a copy of the benefits provided to employees and said someone would contact me 3-5 days (i'm assuming after the results of the background and credit check returned). Recieved email today stating I didnt get the job

Interview Question – Describe a time you defused an irate customer   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview first, then was called in for a group interview with two other candidates, then right after the group interview was the 1:1 interview and then they did the cheek swab drug test.

Interview Questions

• No so much a question, but more of a task...   View Answer
  • If you were a piece of furniture, what would you be and why?   View Answer

Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and a week later i received a phone interview. It was the basics ex. why do i want to work there? Why should we hire you? At the end of that interview they invited to me to an interview and it was two cash managers. It was like like "good cop, bad cop" but the friendlier one really put me at ease. It was all the normal retail questions, nothing uncommon. Though they really emphasize that it is a really fast-paced store, so you have to be confident that you can handle it. A week later they called for a second interview, which wasn't really an interview but a drug test and discussion of my wage and signing papers, I was hired.

Interview Question – Can you tell us about an experience with and unhappy customer and how did you help them?   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a phone interview and two in person interviews. Questions were not that tough and were basic interview questions. However I did not receive a call back

Interview Question – Why IKEA?   Answer Question

West Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online got a call in about 2 weeks for a interview Went to the store found out is was a group interview. They gave us a paper with questions to write down later they took them and put us in pairs and made us come up wit any product and gave us play do to make the product then we had to present it

Interview Questions

West Covina, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online at Ikea.com & a couple weeks later they emailed me and told me to cal the next day for a phone interview. I called the woman and it was a very simple interview, they asked "behavioral interview questions" which can catch you off guard if you dont know what to expect, but i googles how to answer these types of questions which made it very complex, the first question they asked:
1) Which is better working with a team or by yourself
2) Tell me about a time where you worked with someone who was different from you, in culture, or opinions
3) Tell me about a time when you were suck taking on extra work
Then they asked what days i was available to work, after you finnish the interview if you pass they forward your information to the store manager & the manager will call you in for a inperson interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked with someone who was different from you   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at IKEA

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IKEA Cashier interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by IKEA employees and interview candidates.