IKEA Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in June 2012.

You get one interview to know whether they want to hire you or not. Coworkers are guaranteed an interview if they had applied for a job within the company. The interview can involve one or more managers in the room with you. They will ask you pretty typical questions, like "Tell us about a time when you really bent over backwards for a customer to be satisfied." Or "Tell us about a time you managed to work through extreme stress." Because they are not very willing to train people, they are expecting you to have at least some experience in what you applied for, unless it is an entry level position. Interviews are casual dress to make you feel more comfortable. Having family working in the company gives you a size able advantage when it comes to getting a job. If you do not get the job, they will let you know in person or over the phone.

Interview Questions
  • They will ask if you have any questions. Ask them a few safe questions, because they see that as interest and willingness.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in May 2014.

About a week after applying, got an email requesting a phone interview. The questions were easy, and included ones like "When is it best to work as part of a team/individually?" and "Describe a time when you worked with someone who was culturally different than you." A few days after that, I was called in for an in-person interview. Again, easy questions like "Describe a time when you faced a problem at work."

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard interview questions. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at IKEA in May 2014.

Applied online, was called back for an impromptu phone interview. Questions were standard job interview questions, with some about my knowledge and opinion of the company. Was called again about a week later for another impromptu interview with similar questions, after which I scheduled an in-store interview. That interview is tomorrow and I'm hopeful about my chances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in July 2013.

Filled out the application online, heard back the next day thru email saying that the postion was filled. Applied again, got an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told that my application would be sent to the location which I applied. Few weeks later I was called for another phone interview and an in person interivew. The in person interview was fairly easy. Normal behavioral interview questions. I was told I had to do a background check which was the most difficult part. Ikea does their background checks through a very unprofessional comapany, and it took almost two weeks for the check to be completed. I was also told I would recieve an email once it was recieved, but I never did. I ended up having to call ikea myself to make sure they recieved my information.

Cashier Interview

applied online, received an email, went in for an interview, was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee  in  Carson, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at IKEA.

I filled out application online and a few days later I recieved a phone call from outside state. They left a message. I called back and the interview answered and proceeded with the interview. It was rather quick. He said he would forward my answer to the store manager in 7 to 10 days

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at IKEA in November 2012.

applied online,received an email inviting me to there on the spot hiring event, that same day got interview and got a drug test..still waiting for there call hope they call me.

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Submitted app online, recieved email to call in for a phone iterview about one week later. Called left message. Hiring Manager called me back the next day and asked me three question.
    1) why ikea
    2) describe a time you had to work part as a team, what was your role and what was the outcome
    3) describe a time you had to work with someone different from you
    Then he stated someone would call me back in 7-10 days

The next evening I got a phone call asking me to come in for an in person interview which was scheduled for the following day. When I arrived I filled out a paper app which included a background and credit consent form. I interviewed with two dept. managers, very very nice ladies. The began with "tell me about yourself". They asked about 5 behavioral questions, told me the pay for this position and asked me if I had any questions. Before I left they gave me a copy of the benefits provided to employees and said someone would contact me 3-5 days (i'm assuming after the results of the background and credit check returned). Recieved email today stating I didnt get the job

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA in June 2012.

Had a phone interview first, then was called in for a group interview with two other candidates, then right after the group interview was the 1:1 interview and then they did the cheek swab drug test.

Interview Questions
    • No so much a question, but more of a task...   View Answer
    • If you were a piece of furniture, what would you be and why?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in September 2011.

I applied online and a week later i received a phone interview. It was the basics ex. why do i want to work there? Why should we hire you? At the end of that interview they invited to me to an interview and it was two cash managers. It was like like "good cop, bad cop" but the friendlier one really put me at ease. It was all the normal retail questions, nothing uncommon. Though they really emphasize that it is a really fast-paced store, so you have to be confident that you can handle it. A week later they called for a second interview, which wasn't really an interview but a drug test and discussion of my wage and signing papers, I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell us about an experience with and unhappy customer and how did you help them?   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!