IKEA

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Co Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in July 2012.

Phone interview, in person interview, second interview and offer with mouth swab drug test

None

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

CO-Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

The interview process was a lengthy one which lasted over a month. First stage, I had to send in my resume and cover letter. I then received an email asking me to fill out a “Getting to Know You, Getting to Know Us” form. This form asked for your availability and four basic questions. After sending this form, I then got a call from IKEA asking for me to attend the group interview. The group interview was relatively simple, they just asked you to discuss certain scenarios in a group. Finally, they emailed me asking to attend a one on one interview. The questions were relatively simple, and they people doing the interview were friendly, and so I am waiting on the final outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have had to go out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

CO-Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IKEA in September 2014.

Initially I applied online. The process required all the usual information [work history, education, availability] and also required a covering letter on why you were suitable for the role, who you are, and why you can to work at IKEA as well as a CV. After this, I was invited to complete an online test of about 40 multiple choice questions to allow them to find out what sort of person I was and what I prioritised in customer service.

A few days later I was contacted via telephone by the local IKEA's HR department. They talked through my CV, asked me a few basic questions, and asked if I had the right to work in the UK. The woman then suggested what departments I might be suited for. I was then invited to an assessment centre in a few days time. This was then confirmed via email and had to print and fill out a 'treasure hunt' to find out basic info about the company [departments, costs, items for sell, etc.].

At the assessment centre there were about 20 people, most were younger, but there was a variety of ages. We were informed there were 18 positions and there was another assessment group that day. We were told if successful, we would be invited to a one-on-one interview. On the tables we were already sat, we introduced ourselves to the group and picked a random question from a cup [what animal would you be / know anyone famous etc.]. The managers, about 12, then introduced themselves. We then had 30 minutes to fill out a paper on situations that might arise in the store, such as multiple tasks and health and safety issues. The back page contained a section on what you thought good customer service was, when you had received it, and when you served a difficult customer. In pre-selected groups, presumably by potential departments, we then worked in a team to build a piece of furniture and create a presentation on it's uses, additional items to sell with it, who could use it etc. Two managers observed, although they didn't seem too interested and were chatting about all sorts amongst themselves. After the presentation, we were free to go. The treasure hunt wasn't collected at any point, which was a bit of a waste of time!

About a week later I was contacted via email to say I'd be unsuccessful in reaching the interview stage. The email invited me to ask for feedback, so I did. A week later, I'm awaiting a response.

Interview Questions
    • When have you served a difficult customer? How did you cope with the situation?   Answer Question

CO-Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at IKEA in February 2008.

Postal invitation to interview. Followed by short conformation telephone call. 1:1 interview 3 days later. Basic questions… why IKEA? What makes you unique? One word to describe yourself. etc

Got offered a possession but turned down.

Nice environment.