IKEA

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Coworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IKEA in February 2010.

I interviewed for the Call Center Coworker position in Baltimore, MD. Before the interview I spoke with a recuiter on the phone for about 15 minutes about the postion and I had to answer questions similar to the interview questions. I had so much trouble finding the building because it was on a secluded side street. After I finally arrived, I checked in with the LP person, (very nice person). I had to fill out application as well as other forms (Took about 20 mins). After I was done, I waited about 10 minutes and two supervisors greeted me and took me into a small room for an interview. They were both very nice people. They explained the position i was interviewing for and explained their positions with the company. They began to ask me a series of questions. They asked questions like "Tell me about a time you had to diffuse a situation with a customer. Tell me about a time when you had to make an important decision when a supervisor was not available? How would your past employers describe you", etc... They really made you think. After that, I was given a paper to write out a few sentences to explain what I would bring to the Ikea, they stepped out of the room. After about 10 minutes, another supervisor walked me to the actual call center where people were working. For the 2nd part, I had to sit with an employee, and listen while she took calls and write information about each call. (This lasted about 20 minutes and it was Easy.) For the final part, I was taken to a computer lab and took a skills test on the computer. (This was about an hour) After That I was told I would be contacted sometime the next week. I was offered the position. I'm very excited about it.

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Coworker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IKEA in January 2007.

one to one interview with the department manager.

very informal, just a chat really. Ask you why IKEA. The job position was explained. Then asked how you would respond in various situations.

If you were dealing with a customer, and had to get something from elsewhere, and was asked for assistance from another customer, what would you do?

Interview Questions