IKEA

IKEA IKEA Kitchen Seller Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IKEA Kitchen Seller Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IKEA in July 2013.

Applied online - received email in a few days. Got a surprise call that same morning I received the email, despite the email telling me to call him. Their HR office is out of state (located in Baltimore). The representative was hurried, straightforward, and somewhat rude. It appeared that he did not read my resume, his questions were not personal and did not apply to my situation. I've interviewed many places before (phone and in person) and this was the most awkward and strangest interview I ever had. I never met such an unfriendly recruiter in my life. The wages for this position is not competitive. The industry average is $12.00+ an hour, my former employee paid me full commission where I averaged $19.00. When I said my expected salary was $10.00 (average Ikea pay via websites, respectfulness), the man became offended and said "we only pay $7.00!" in a very annoyed voice. $7.00 is below minimum wage in my state, my friend. Most places lead their interview questions based on specific answers on your resume or the position. The questions he asked to do not lead to a great sales associate. This is exactly why I receive absolutely no customer service at Ikea and their kitchen department. Sorry Ikea, I interviewed somewhere else and received a management position instead. I had high hopes for this place, I thought people who worked for Ikea was happy. I guess I was wrong, the recruiter sounded like he was having a very bad day.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me a SPECIFIC situation where teamwork was crucial?   View Answer
  • Can you tell me a SPECIFIC situation where working alone was more effective that working with others?   View Answer

Did not appreciate how I was treated on the phone. Declined further interviews in person. Unimpressed with the company. Ignored/blocked any additional emails, accepted a management position somewhere else. Terrible impression with company.

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in January 2009.

The phone order was basic information, then it took a while for the hiring manager to call me back. Upon call-back, I was invited to a interview session at a hiring event. It went well, and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How in the past have you shown leadership in your other jobs?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, as I was a student looking for part time work.

IKEA Kitchen Seller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Online application, phone interview, 2 In-person interviews, store tour