IKEA Interior Designer Interview Questions

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IKEA.

HR called me 10 days after submitting my application. I didn't receive an email or anything regarding they were going to call me for phone interview so was rather surprised to have an interview out of the blue. It was maybe 15 minutes. Very nice lady said someone would call within two weeks if they wanted to schedule an in person interview

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite room in your house and why? Where do you get your inspiration from? How would you define success?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Interior Designer Interview

Too forever from the application to the (4) interviews. Too many reference checks. The HR was new to the role and approached the hire as if it was a high level security clearance. Felt over-bearing. Heavy handed.

Interview Questions

The manager did not seem to understand basic business principles

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Funabashi, Chiba (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Funabashi, Chiba (Japan)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at IKEA in September 2012.

There was pre-assignment work for the first interview. It was like three pics of your home, hand drawn plan, and had drawn perspective drawing. On the day, groupe interview, and groupe activity which applicants make table setting whick took FOUR HOURS. For the second interview, again, pre-assignment work -design living room. A concept, plan, elevations, rendring, prise lists were required. Interview and my presentation, every things seemed so smooth, but I didn't get offer. They have been posting this position all year around. I really wonder what kind of person they want???

Interview Questions
    • There were some uniqe questions, but I waa able to answer those qustions.   Answer Question

Interior Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in October 2010.

It was an extensive 1:1 interview. It seemed difficult to attain the interview, but once attained, it was a pleasant and exciting experience. I was even more interested in the company afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of the most challenging situations I had been confronted with in regards to design and how did I handle it.   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiations. I was told that the offer was at the top of the range due to my experience.

Interior Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IKEA in July 2010.

Initially applied online by filling out the massive form and attaching a covering letter. After several weeks I was called to a one on one interview which went well and was asked generic interview questions like what would you do in a certain situation and what makes you want to work for Ikea etc. Then after three weeks was called back to second interview 4 weeks after initial interview. this one on one interview went well and was told at that point I would hear by the end of the next week. I didn't hear anything and had assumed I didn't get the job and even emailed the generic HR email for feedback which I never got. However, 3 weeks after second interview I was called and offered the job with pay in the middle of the banding. hopefull that if I prove myself this can be revised quickly as the pay is not great at all.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince co-workers to go with your idea   View Answer

Interior Designer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in August 2008.

Easiest interview I ever had. Very conversational, lasted an hour.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question. They really listened to what I had to say and asked questions pertaining to my experiences.   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!