IKEA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.5

Ikea Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IKEA.

Very relaxed interviewer, gave me tips on how to be a better interview prospective (was very new.) The office area was very modern and the overall team that greeted me as I walked to the interview room were welcoming. The interviewer asked me about previous jobs and not-work related interests, and seemed interested in me as a person and not a potential wage slave.

Interview Questions
    • How to pronounce some Swedish word that I'd never seen before.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase; IKEA didn't pay cashiers well at the time and had a very high turn over.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

So, I applied online for a cashier position and was called back within a day. The first interview was with the floor manager, and my second interview was with the general manager. I'm guessing they liked me lol.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you ever made? How did you recover from it?   Answer Question

Store Visual Co-worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

I applied for a seasonal (holiday) visual co-worker position and was contacted next day by someone from HR for a quick phone screen. Easy questions "why do you want to work for Ikea" etc. It went well and she said she would refer me to the next interview and that I would be contacted by the store's hiring manager within two weeks.

Three weeks went by and I still had not been scheduled for a second interview. I contacted the recruiter via email and still no answer.

Five weeks after my original phone interview, someone from hr finally emailed me only to tell me they were not hiring for the position and that it was "on hold"

Interview Questions
    • "what was something you were proud of in your past experience" "Tell me about a time when you worked within a group and as an individual"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

I went on the website and applied online the application process was pretty easy. Two weeks later I got a call about a hiring event. I went to the hiring event there were around 25 people. They made us partner up and present in front of the group of possible employees and hiring managers. we had to ask are partners questions about why Ikea and about there prior work experience and present the info they gave us. Then we were asked to step out the room so they could deliberate. After that they called us back into the room and split us up in two groups. My group was asked to step outside once again. The people who were left in the room were not considered and basically told why not. after waiting like 30 minutes a manager came out and brought me into a interview room were he began to interview me one on one. He asked personality questions apart from the basic questions this interview was way more intense and caught me off guard. I later waited on the main hiring manager which then brought me to a room where he told me that I had too little experience to be a sales associate they require at least 2 years of prior experince to be considered for the position. so I was gonna be considered for the cashier position. I was told to go back to the waiting room that the cashier manger was going to come to interview me. Her interview was easy going and relaxed the basic questions were asked. She said the Main hiring manager would be the finale judge and if yes i would be emailed the background check information. I left the interview at 4 by 5.30 I had the email. I was there form 12.30pm to 4.00pm

Ps. The same day around 7.00am hours before the event started I was called by headquarters I was interviewed and told that my resume was being fowarded to the location I applied to unknowing that I had already been called in for an interview. So basically expect a phone interview before the actual interview

Interview Questions
    • Whats the last thing you read? What was your favorite part? What was the last nice thing you did ? Tell me something nerdy about you?   Answer Question

Interior Design Co-worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IKEA.

Was given a floor plan drawing and aesthetic test using ikea catalogue. The test parameter was 15 min. It's to test your design skills. Discuss portfolio and previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • 3 hour long interview with direct manager, followed by department supervisor.   Answer Question
    non-negotiable

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Applied online, got email to set up phone interview for home furnishing sales associate. Emailed back with time and day. Received call from a phone number in maryland, took around 10 minutes.

Checkout Services Coworker Interview

About a week after I applied online I received an email requesting me to call for a phone interview. A week after the phone interview I received an email letting me know when the store was having their next hiring event. At the hiring event I completed a paper application and had to creatively "sell/market" an item. I was at the hiring event for approx 5 hours.

Ikea Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

Applied online, was called for an interview within the week. Phone interview, then in person. Having open availability is key. Good interview, questions about how you've handled situations in the past, easy. Be natural, they value perspectives from different people. Important to convey similar acceptance of others, be a team player. Offered and accepted position on the spot.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Apply on line, telephone interview, face to face interview usually with more than one person. Occasionally there's an immediate offer. Usually have to wait a bit for the offer by phone.

Interior Design Co-worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, NM

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

Submitted my application online and heard back from HR the next day requesting an interview, which was very conversational and lasted a couple hours. The interview concluded with a tour, the whole process lasted about a week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just a straight offer.