IKEA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.5

Ikea Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

The interview was very quick. I met one on one with the hiring manager. They asked very basic, normal question like, "when were you in a stressful situation and how did you handle it," blah blah. About a week or so after the interview, I got called back in to take the drug test, which is mouth swab and can only detect drugs used with the last 7 days.

Front Line Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online 7/30. Received a phone call for a phone interview on 8/4. Was told I was being moved to the next round for a face to face interview. Interviewed on 8/10 with a manager onsite. Received the background check links on 8/11. Was brought back in on 8/14 for a second interview, which was actual an offer. I completed drug test during the meeting and placed uniform order. Start date 9/8.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IKEA? Tell me what you expect from a manager? Tell me about a time you failed at a task?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA in August 2015.

Interview

It's a 2-step interview process for the co-op position: phone call, and then on-site. It was a pleasant interview, with a friendly and well-versed interviewer who was the head of the marketing co-op program. He wanted me to give him a summary of myself - background, studies, activities, the usual - and asked a couple of behavioral questions. Aside from the typical interview questions, he delved deeper and wanted to see what I can do, how much I know about IKEA and how I analyze. I didn't answer correctly down the core, but he acknowledged my thought process and capability. Overall, it was pleasant. I'm currently waiting for a response to see if I cleared the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Group projects / individual projects, how were they like? Why do you want to work for IKEA? What do you think is the target range of IKEA customers? How do you keep yourself organized?   Answer Question

Recovery Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

The manager had me walks through the entire departments office with him, explaining each and every little detail about the job for which I had applied before taking me back to the little interview room. Once back in the interview room, he gave me a copy of the job description and had me run over the quick points he covered in the walk through, he then asked if I was sure that I still wanted the job. An offer was made very shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to work in a warehouse position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was non-negotiable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Applied online got called few days after and did phone interview. Then I was told to come in and did a group Interview. Background check was done and then got called back and hired. Drug test and orientation next !

Interview Questions

• What will you do to ensure your own personal development ?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Applied online on the 1st of the month. Got an email on the 14th saying they wanted me to call for a phone interview but they ended up calling me a few hours later. Phone interview is pretty simple, took less than 10 minutes and it was a lot of situational questions. They had to do with working on a team, times you have made mistakes and how you dealt with it and why Ikea. After that he scedueled an in store interview for the next day which was the 15th. Also a very easy process, had to fill out a paper application and answer a few questions she had about what I had written and my past experience. The interviewer told me I had to wait for a background check and that process took about two weeks. Half an hour after the interview I got an email for the background check, filled that out and expected to wait two weeks. Got a call on the 17th to come in for my drug test and fill out my last papers so I could start orientation. Super simple interview just be honest and as efficient with your words as possible. The interviewers were both calm and very nice so don't be too nervous.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Long process. Great people and management. Looking forward to my new job. Make sure you know everything about IKEA. Dress for success if you want the job. Many applicants were way under dressed and they did not make it past the first group interview

Ikea Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Bloomington, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes to 1 hour. I was interviewed by two different lead managers from the front end cashiers. They were very interested in getting to know you and asked basic questions.

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

There first was a 20 minute phone interview. Asked basic questions. Wasnt from the direct store, a third party call center. By the end of the call you'll either receive a in store interview date or a "thanks for appling". After receiving my in store interview date two days later, I had my first interview with the team lead of the department. Followed by the manager of the department.( two interviews in one day) Two days later I came in for a drug test, few days later I received a offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IKEA?   1 Answer

Ikea FOOD Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA in July 2015.

Interview

Applied to new store online, herd back within a week. Had a phone interview that was about 20 mins that basically asked, "tell me about a time where...." and "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and "Why Ikea?" simple stuff. I passed the phone interview and was invited to attend the 2 hour group interviews. This was the ridiculous part. First was a 25 minute, 10 question round with someone that will work in the store or some in H&R, same questions as the phone interview. After that section we had to watch videos about home furnishing and Swedish Meatballs, that was 25 mins. Then they sent the group back up to do another 25 min Q&A round with someone else. Again, same questions. I passed because they did a VERY extensive and quite intrusive work background and criminal check and wanted a drug test. I completed everything and was offered a job, however turned the offer down because of my schedule.