IKEA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.5

Recovery Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

The manager had me walks through the entire departments office with him, explaining each and every little detail about the job for which I had applied before taking me back to the little interview room. Once back in the interview room, he gave me a copy of the job description and had me run over the quick points he covered in the walk through, he then asked if I was sure that I still wanted the job. An offer was made very shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to work in a warehouse position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was non-negotiable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Applied online got called few days after and did phone interview. Then I was told to come in and did a group Interview. Background check was done and then got called back and hired. Drug test and orientation next !

Interview Questions

• What will you do to ensure your own personal development ?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Applied online on the 1st of the month. Got an email on the 14th saying they wanted me to call for a phone interview but they ended up calling me a few hours later. Phone interview is pretty simple, took less than 10 minutes and it was a lot of situational questions. They had to do with working on a team, times you have made mistakes and how you dealt with it and why Ikea. After that he scedueled an in store interview for the next day which was the 15th. Also a very easy process, had to fill out a paper application and answer a few questions she had about what I had written and my past experience. The interviewer told me I had to wait for a background check and that process took about two weeks. Half an hour after the interview I got an email for the background check, filled that out and expected to wait two weeks. Got a call on the 17th to come in for my drug test and fill out my last papers so I could start orientation. Super simple interview just be honest and as efficient with your words as possible. The interviewers were both calm and very nice so don't be too nervous.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Ikea Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Bloomington, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes to 1 hour. I was interviewed by two different lead managers from the front end cashiers. They were very interested in getting to know you and asked basic questions.

Co-Worker Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview about a week and half later. After about a 20 minute phone interview of basic questions on prior experience I was asked to come in for another interview with team leads. That interview was also about 20 minutes with further questioning about my experience, why I wanted to work at IKEA...etc. Immediately I had a second interview with the manager. Told me I would hear from them in about a week about their decision. Called me the next day and asked me to come in again, upon arrival I was offered a job. Took drug test and submitted paperwork for a background check.

Seasonal Special Events Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day received an email for a phone interview. Phone interview consisted mostly of behavioral based questions. I was asked to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you and a co worker didn't see eye to eye on a task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (East Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR Headquarters hiring rep on the east coast. Phone interview consisted of two or three simple questions about work history and background/availability etc. Then went through two in-person interviews at the store. These interviews also asked simple background questions as well as some standard basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had to deal with an unsatisfied customer, and how did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Interview

You will wait forever before hearing anything. Eventually someone will contact you and do a short phone interview where they get a feel for your personality and experience. If they feel you are a good fit for IKEA someone from the store you applied to will contact you for an interview on site. Sometimes this is a group interview and sometimes it is one-one. They ask about experience you have had working with customers and solving problems and pose some hypothetical scenarios to gauge your responses.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a coworker who was different from you and how this affected your work.   1 Answer

Logistics Co- Worker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Received call and asking 10 questions. All about work experiences. She only get come basic information and she will report to another team to review. she also asking more about work experiences.

Interview Questions

• what is your goal in the future? What is your long term goal? what is your strengths?   Answer Question

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

apply online, got a phone interview in the next 7days. During the phone interview they ask about why you want to work for Ikea and lots of example of problems you faced with customers during your previous employment. When they satisfied with your answer they scheduled for face to face over the phone. 3 weeks later. The face to face interview are conducted with floor manager and his supervisor. They only asked me 5 beheavioral questions, none of the questions related to your skills or qualities.

Interview Questions

• Give specific example of when you have communication problem with co-worker and how did you solve it?   1 Answer