IKEA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Applied online got called few days after and did phone interview. Then I was told to come in and did a group Interview. Background check was done and then got called back and hired. Drug test and orientation next !

Interview Questions

• What will you do to ensure your own personal development ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (East Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR Headquarters hiring rep on the east coast. Phone interview consisted of two or three simple questions about work history and background/availability etc. Then went through two in-person interviews at the store. These interviews also asked simple background questions as well as some standard basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had to deal with an unsatisfied customer, and how did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Interview

You will wait forever before hearing anything. Eventually someone will contact you and do a short phone interview where they get a feel for your personality and experience. If they feel you are a good fit for IKEA someone from the store you applied to will contact you for an interview on site. Sometimes this is a group interview and sometimes it is one-one. They ask about experience you have had working with customers and solving problems and pose some hypothetical scenarios to gauge your responses.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a coworker who was different from you and how this affected your work.   1 Answer

Logistics Co- Worker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Received call and asking 10 questions. All about work experiences. She only get come basic information and she will report to another team to review. she also asking more about work experiences.

Interview Questions

• what is your goal in the future?
      What is your long term goal?
      what is your strengths?

Answer Question

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

apply online, got a phone interview in the next 7days. During the phone interview they ask about why you want to work for Ikea and lots of example of problems you faced with customers during your previous employment. When they satisfied with your answer they scheduled for face to face over the phone. 3 weeks later. The face to face interview are conducted with floor manager and his supervisor. They only asked me 5 beheavioral questions, none of the questions related to your skills or qualities.

Interview Questions

• Give specific example of when you have communication problem with co-worker and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The phone interview had basic questions about skills and work experience. A couple days after the phone interview, I got a call to schedule an interview with the marketplace manager at the IKEA store. The showroom manager was also there for the interview. He was there to lighten the mood. I was asked basic questions, similar to those of the phone interview. They were very friendly and polite. They didn't just ask the questions that were on their list. They explained the potential to grow within IKEA and the many different opportunities there were.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IKEA?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you faced a difficult situation, and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you failed a certain task, and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    • Which room in your house is your favorite, and why?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you had to be a team leader.   Answer Question

Home Delivery Coworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Carson, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line and received a call a week later from a recruiter. She asked me several behavioral questions involving my previous job experience. The recruiter liked me and gave me a date for an interview. The recruiter emailed me my appointment information and the email said that the hiring manager would provide a copy of my application.

I was interviewed by two managers. I was asked if I brought a copy of my application. I replied the recruiter's email said that they were to provide a copy. I showed them the email but the two hiring managers did not seem to believe me. They said HR always forgets to email a copy to interviewees.

I was asked more behavioral questions. One question asked if "I enjoyed not working?" I responded that I did not and one of the hiring managers replied that even he did not like to show up to work at times and would rather be playing his xbox FIFA game.

Once the interview was over I was asked to fill out a paper application because I did not bring a copy with me.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I first applied for a position in the swedish market and I didn't get that position, then I continue to apply for other positions which I was contacted by the ikea recruitment team and I didn't have to do the whole interview over again because it was conducted the first time. She scheduled me for a group interview and that lasted for about a 1hr 1/2 during this time we got to know each other. And before I reached home I had a consent form to conduct a background check, that process was about a week and a half and then it was completed. I received a call from ikea on this past weekend to return for job offer it was Great

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ikea   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told when I would start and the rate of pay

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA (East Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call about a month later. If all goes well, the interviewer will tell you to expect a call from the manager of the IKEA you applied. In my case, I applied to the East Palo Alto IKEA in California. 28 days later, I haven't received a phone call for my 1:1 which is a shame as I was excited at the prospect of being part of the IKEA team.

Interview Questions

• They ask you general questions like "Why IKEA?" and situational examples to see evaluate how you would handle a customer or team-work.   Answer Question

Home Decor Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

When applying online, I made sure to write as impressive of a cover letter as I could and was rewarded by being contacted by email about three weeks later for the position, asking to make an appointment for a phone interview the next day. At the end of the conversation the following day, the interviewer said that she would gladly recommend me for the position and setup a date and time for me to come in for the face-to-face interview the following week. Just to be extra prepared, I studied facts about the company, such as its CEO, competitors, and history, just to make sure I couldn't be thrown off by any curve ball questions and was relieved to find that I'd grossly over-prepared for the generally expected questions. For the face-to-face, I was directed to a well-decorated interviewing room, filled out a hard-copy application with the company while the two interviewers chatted among themselves, patiently waiting for me to finish. One asked the questions and the other either recorded my answers or wrote notes. They introduced themselves, were extremely friendly, and made sure that the interviewing process was a most comfortable experience for me. At the end, they informed me of further details on the position and that the next step, should I make the cut, would involve a background check, a drug test, and having a buddy coworker for the days that I'd be training.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite room in your home?   1 Answer