IKEA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Interior Design Co-worker Interview

Interior Design Co-worker
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – Was given a floor plan drawing and aesthetic test using ikea catalogue. The test parameter was 15 min. It's to test your design skills. Discuss portfolio and previous experience.

Interview Question – 3 hour long interview with direct manager, followed by department supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

Home Furnishing Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – Applied online, got email to set up phone interview for home furnishing sales associate. Emailed back with time and day. Received call from a phone number in maryland, took around 10 minutes.

Checkout Services Coworker Interview

Checkout Services Coworker

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details – About a week after I applied online I received an email requesting me to call for a phone interview. A week after the phone interview I received an email letting me know when the store was having their next hiring event. At the hiring event I completed a paper application and had to creatively "sell/market" an item. I was at the hiring event for approx 5 hours.

Interview Question – Questions were standard fair.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
West Covina, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA in June 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application in person and got a call back within a week. I only had one interview but it went well except I was found overqualified and was not hired for fear I would leave for better pay.

Interview Question – Pretty standard set of questions.   Answer Question

Cookshop Associate Interview

Cookshop Associate
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IKEA in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received email from recruiter to conduct a telephone call interview. Set up date and time. Phone interview was about thirty minutes. Received a followup email after the phone interview for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of filling out a physical application and attach resume. During this interview there were several phycological evaluations with hands on tools and puzzles. Finally I had to come up with a new product and sell it to them. There were about 12 candidates, the groups were separated, my group of 5 were chosen as qualified for the position. This was 4 months ago. The store opens in August. I never received a call, or email to at least inform me of the outcome or rejection. This was callous and inexcusable of the recruiter to do this after so many interactions.

Interview Question – Invent a new product that can be sold here. Make it, list it's functions, market it, give it a price and sell it.   View Answer

Interior Design Co-worker Interview

Interior Design Co-worker
Carson, NM

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my application online and heard back from HR the next day requesting an interview, which was very conversational and lasted a couple hours. The interview concluded with a tour, the whole process lasted about a week.

Interview Question – How do you work with team members?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just a straight offer.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details – Apply on line, telephone interview, face to face interview usually with more than one person. Occasionally there's an immediate offer. Usually have to wait a bit for the offer by phone.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult customers   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in June 2012.

Interview Details – You get one interview to know whether they want to hire you or not. Coworkers are guaranteed an interview if they had applied for a job within the company. The interview can involve one or more managers in the room with you. They will ask you pretty typical questions, like "Tell us about a time when you really bent over backwards for a customer to be satisfied." Or "Tell us about a time you managed to work through extreme stress." Because they are not very willing to train people, they are expecting you to have at least some experience in what you applied for, unless it is an entry level position. Interviews are casual dress to make you feel more comfortable. Having family working in the company gives you a size able advantage when it comes to getting a job. If you do not get the job, they will let you know in person or over the phone.

Interview Question – They will ask if you have any questions. Ask them a few safe questions, because they see that as interest and willingness.   Answer Question

Sales (Temporary) Interview

Sales (Temporary)
Woodbridge, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in June 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and was sent an e-mail immediately. A few days later I received another e-mail about a short phone interview. I called the number but didn't get the person the first few times. I eventually did get in contact with him and had the phone interview. The questions were simple: Why do you want to work at Ikea? Tell me about a time you worked in ___ situation? etc. It took maybe 10 minutes. He said that I was invited for an in-store interview a few days later. The in-store interview actually turned out to be a "hiring event" where there were others there to be interviewed as well. I was interviewed first with someone who asked a few questions while filling out a form. Then another person came in to interview me while looking at my resume. We talked and he asked me a few more questions, complimented me, and then gave me a form for how to fill out the background check. The interviewer called not even a week later asking me to come back to the store. I was offered the job, given a drug test, and fitted for a uniform.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in May 2014.

Interview Details – About a week after applying, got an email requesting a phone interview. The questions were easy, and included ones like "When is it best to work as part of a team/individually?" and "Describe a time when you worked with someone who was culturally different than you." A few days after that, I was called in for an in-person interview. Again, easy questions like "Describe a time when you faced a problem at work."

Interview Question – All questions were standard interview questions. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!