IKEA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

2.6

Home Decor Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

When applying online, I made sure to write as impressive of a cover letter as I could and was rewarded by being contacted by email about three weeks later for the position, asking to make an appointment for a phone interview the next day. At the end of the conversation the following day, the interviewer said that she would gladly recommend me for the position and setup a date and time for me to come in for the face-to-face interview the following week. Just to be extra prepared, I studied facts about the company, such as its CEO, competitors, and history, just to make sure I couldn't be thrown off by any curve ball questions and was relieved to find that I'd grossly over-prepared for the generally expected questions. For the face-to-face, I was directed to a well-decorated interviewing room, filled out a hard-copy application with the company while the two interviewers chatted among themselves, patiently waiting for me to finish. One asked the questions and the other either recorded my answers or wrote notes. They introduced themselves, were extremely friendly, and made sure that the interviewing process was a most comfortable experience for me. At the end, they informed me of further details on the position and that the next step, should I make the cut, would involve a background check, a drug test, and having a buddy coworker for the days that I'd be training.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite room in your home?   1 Answer

Swedish Market & Bistro Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IKEA (Elizabeth, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 different people, I thought I did good. But was told they will prepare paperwork and get back to me I'm not sure about this but I will know in 48hrs

Interview Questions

• asked me where do I see myself in the near future   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IKEA.

Interview

lengthy, IKEA is not quick in the process or decision making when it comes to manager level positions. They are very careful to hire the right fit for the culture, organization and the position

Negotiation

normal

Flow Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

It was very cordial an informal as far as the atmosphere was concerned. They bring in team leaders from different departments and just sort of feel tou out. Definitely not judgemental or discriminatory at all. They were very open to answering questions and providing feedback as well. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment where you were struggling at work..how did you fix the problem   Answer Question

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

It was a group interview and it was fairly easy. The HR woman was very nice and asked simple questions about the company. She also made us pick an item out of a bag and we had to figure out what it was and then present it to the group which I thought was fun.

Carts Coworker - Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I first applied for the Carts Coworker position online when I saw the listing posted. I heard back from them soon about an interview over the phone. After a quick and easy phone interview of about 15 minutes I received an email inquiring about an in-person interview. That was the first interview that was in-person and it took about an hour. I was with another candidate and we were required to fill out a similar application form to the one online. After we were engaged in a fun and short exercise where the candidates learned and talked about each other. The managers then took us separately and interviewed us asking some questions. A couple weeks later a background check was done and that's when they called for a second in-person interview. In my case I was recommended for the cashier position instead of the carts position. The second interview interview was to finish up some additional questions as well as submit a drug test and fill out an official hour sheet. Overall the interview process took a while (about a month or so), but it was pretty smooth and not the most difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for IKEA? Explain a time where you had to provide customer service. Have you ever had to work with employees of a different culture?   1 Answer

Safety & Security Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Not hard at all. Prefer people with same job experience. Made you feel comfortable. Asked about 5 to 10 interview questions. Dressed professional…………………………………………… Don't know what else to say.

IKEA Kitchens Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process took 6 weeks.

1.- Complete application online.

2.- Phone interview. Mine was rescheduled three times by Ikea. Don't panic, they are probably really busy.

3. 10 days after the phone interview I had a one on one interview and mostly asked how you would handle certain situations which I answered in a "STAR" format. They are really looking to see if your a good fit for Ikea and the position. I was overqualified and the hiring manager asked if it was OK to pass my resume to other departments.

4. 14 days later I was called in to interview for another position and repeated step three with the Department Manager and Sales Manager.

The interview went great and they were considering five other candidates before making a decision. That evening I was sent an email to complete a background check.

5. Six days later they scheduled a meeting to provide me with a offer letter and conduct a drug test.

During the second interview they apologized that it is a longer process but to try to be patient.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I applied online, and within just a few days, had a brief phone interview. The interviewer asked about my general availability. I was called in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was casual. A conversation more than a Q&A session. By the time I got to my car, I had an email asking me to complete a background check. They checked my references, verified my recent employment as well as my schooling. I have been asked to come back for a second interview. Hopefully all will go well!

Interview Questions

• One question was: Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Full Serve Outflow Co Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, through my college job board. I was instructed to email a recruiter and let her know what I applied for, and she would see to it that I atleast got a phone interview. I did that and within two days a got a call from a Maryland area code. I missed the call, and tried returning it the next day and left a message for the recruiter. She called me back the next day and the phone screen took about 10 minutes. Asked questions like my experience working with someone from a different culture. I was then told that she was passing me on to interview with the Manager of that store, this was on a Friday and she gave me a choice of going the next day Saturday or Sunday. I elected Sunday, I arrived at the store 15 minutes early, and was told the manager I was meeting with hadn't arrived yet. So I filled the paper application, and waited about an half hour for him to show. When he came in took me to the interview room told me about the job, and asked me asked me about ,8-10 questions. The interview was pretty laid back, and I was in there for about an hour. He said he was going to call me by next week with a decision, be had he still had 4 more people to interview. So I'm just waiting to hear back from them, I belive the interview went really well.

Interview Questions

• The question that caught me off guard is which room in my house do I spend the most time in and why.   1 Answer