IKEA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.6

Sales Co-Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

It was a group interview and it was fairly easy. The HR woman was very nice and asked simple questions about the company. She also made us pick an item out of a bag and we had to figure out what it was and then present it to the group which I thought was fun.

Carts Coworker - Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

I first applied for the Carts Coworker position online when I saw the listing posted. I heard back from them soon about an interview over the phone. After a quick and easy phone interview of about 15 minutes I received an email inquiring about an in-person interview. That was the first interview that was in-person and it took about an hour. I was with another candidate and we were required to fill out a similar application form to the one online. After we were engaged in a fun and short exercise where the candidates learned and talked about each other. The managers then took us separately and interviewed us asking some questions. A couple weeks later a background check was done and that's when they called for a second in-person interview. In my case I was recommended for the cashier position instead of the carts position. The second interview interview was to finish up some additional questions as well as submit a drug test and fill out an official hour sheet. Overall the interview process took a while (about a month or so), but it was pretty smooth and not the most difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working for IKEA? Explain a time where you had to provide customer service. Have you ever had to work with employees of a different culture?   View Answer

Safety & Security Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IKEA.

Not hard at all. Prefer people with same job experience. Made you feel comfortable. Asked about 5 to 10 interview questions. Dressed professional…………………………………………… Don't know what else to say.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

I applied online, and within just a few days, had a brief phone interview. The interviewer asked about my general availability. I was called in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was casual. A conversation more than a Q&A session. By the time I got to my car, I had an email asking me to complete a background check. They checked my references, verified my recent employment as well as my schooling. I have been asked to come back for a second interview. Hopefully all will go well!

Interview Questions
    • One question was: Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Full Serve Outflow Co Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IKEA in February 2015.

I applied online, through my college job board. I was instructed to email a recruiter and let her know what I applied for, and she would see to it that I atleast got a phone interview. I did that and within two days a got a call from a Maryland area code. I missed the call, and tried returning it the next day and left a message for the recruiter. She called me back the next day and the phone screen took about 10 minutes. Asked questions like my experience working with someone from a different culture. I was then told that she was passing me on to interview with the Manager of that store, this was on a Friday and she gave me a choice of going the next day Saturday or Sunday. I elected Sunday, I arrived at the store 15 minutes early, and was told the manager I was meeting with hadn't arrived yet. So I filled the paper application, and waited about an half hour for him to show. When he came in took me to the interview room told me about the job, and asked me asked me about ,8-10 questions. The interview was pretty laid back, and I was in there for about an hour. He said he was going to call me by next week with a decision, be had he still had 4 more people to interview. So I'm just waiting to hear back from them, I belive the interview went really well.

Interview Questions
    • The question that caught me off guard is which room in my house do I spend the most time in and why.   View Answer

Checkout Services Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IKEA in February 2015.

I was originally called to do a group interview, but was unable to attend it. However, a couple of weeks later I was called in for a one on one interview. The interview was very laid back because I previously applied for another position with the company and I did not receive an offer. They liked me enough to call me back for this position.

IT Coworker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IKEA.

They have certain questions that they have to ask in the interview that are already pre worded. When I was hired there was no technical portion, but when I was interviewing candidates for my position I added a technical portion of the interview in order to select the right kind of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge you had at work and explain how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    They let me know about normal compensation for the role, asked if I was looking at other places and if I had any offers on the table (always say yes to this). Negotiated a little more than the average that this position makes but it was still very low comparitively.

Ikea Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

I had one phone interview and two in person interviews. The Human Resources department was very friendly and the questions were pretty straight forward. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IKEA.

Initially I was contacted for a phone interview, they asked to me something about my curriculum and my english competences, then they sent me three tests to do online.
    After the results of the three tests they sent to me an email containing all the details for the group interview.

The group interview lasted all the day from 9 am to 5 pm.
    It was composed by 4 steps and it was a group interview.
    1. Your personal presentation: 3-4 minutes where you have to argue about yourself, your experience and you have to describe yourself as a piece of furniture.
    2. Organize a trip for somebody coming from abroad and schedule everything: the trains, meeting, activity; always considering the budget.
    3. English test: there were two texts to analyze and some question to answer, there were some words to add in some phrases and something about grammatical rules.
    (lunch offered by ikea)
    4. Interview with somebody of the human resources, they asked something more about yourself and told you immediately if you could be contacted again or not.

It was a nice experience, they were very professional. I didn't get an offer because I had not a professional experience before.

Data Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IKEA.

The assesment centre was a comedy. It was organised for 2 totally different positions with circa 15 people. All exercises with 15 people together, it was just a fight to say a word. People selected to the next round, where skills for position will be finally measured (!), I am sorry to say but there were those with the least experience and with the worst communication skills. A feedback on the performance (?) was promised to receive in one week time at latest, 6 weeks are gone and nothing happened.
    So, is the IKEA who prefers the youngest people with no necessarily skills and experience and pay them less?