IKEA Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
207 interviews

2.5

FOOD Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in April 2014.

First received a phone interview. Then got called back to have an in person interview. Pretty simple interview. How do you work in a team, What are your greatest accomplishments? Where do you se yourself in the future? Do you have reliable transportation? THe interviewer was super nice.

Interior Design Co-worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA.

Was given a floor plan drawing and aesthetic test using ikea catalogue. The test parameter was 15 min. It's to test your design skills. Discuss portfolio and previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • 3 hour long interview with direct manager, followed by department supervisor.   Answer Question
    non-negotiable

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in August 2013.

Takes a little time. Had a interview with manager, HR, and Store manager. Also did phone interviews with the service office and manager. A long process but well worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty straight forward. None that were too hard.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Got more than asked for.

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at IKEA.

Applied online, got email to set up phone interview for home furnishing sales associate. Emailed back with time and day. Received call from a phone number in maryland, took around 10 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA in June 2011.

I filled out an application in person and got a call back within a week. I only had one interview but it went well except I was found overqualified and was not hired for fear I would leave for better pay.

Checkout Services Coworker Interview

About a week after I applied online I received an email requesting me to call for a phone interview. A week after the phone interview I received an email letting me know when the store was having their next hiring event. At the hiring event I completed a paper application and had to creatively "sell/market" an item. I was at the hiring event for approx 5 hours.

Cookshop Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IKEA in April 2014.

Applied online. Received email from recruiter to conduct a telephone call interview. Set up date and time. Phone interview was about thirty minutes. Received a followup email after the phone interview for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of filling out a physical application and attach resume. During this interview there were several phycological evaluations with hands on tools and puzzles. Finally I had to come up with a new product and sell it to them. There were about 12 candidates, the groups were separated, my group of 5 were chosen as qualified for the position. This was 4 months ago. The store opens in August. I never received a call, or email to at least inform me of the outcome or rejection. This was callous and inexcusable of the recruiter to do this after so many interactions.

Interview Questions
    • Invent a new product that can be sold here. Make it, list it's functions, market it, give it a price and sell it.   View Answer

Interior Design Co-worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carson, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, NM

I interviewed online - interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

Submitted my application online and heard back from HR the next day requesting an interview, which was very conversational and lasted a couple hours. The interview concluded with a tour, the whole process lasted about a week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just a straight offer.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Apply on line, telephone interview, face to face interview usually with more than one person. Occasionally there's an immediate offer. Usually have to wait a bit for the offer by phone.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in June 2012.

You get one interview to know whether they want to hire you or not. Coworkers are guaranteed an interview if they had applied for a job within the company. The interview can involve one or more managers in the room with you. They will ask you pretty typical questions, like "Tell us about a time when you really bent over backwards for a customer to be satisfied." Or "Tell us about a time you managed to work through extreme stress." Because they are not very willing to train people, they are expecting you to have at least some experience in what you applied for, unless it is an entry level position. Interviews are casual dress to make you feel more comfortable. Having family working in the company gives you a size able advantage when it comes to getting a job. If you do not get the job, they will let you know in person or over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you have any questions. Ask them a few safe questions, because they see that as interest and willingness.   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!