IKEA Sales Co-worker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.8

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

You will wait forever before hearing anything. Eventually someone will contact you and do a short phone interview where they get a feel for your personality and experience. If they feel you are a good fit for IKEA someone from the store you applied to will contact you for an interview on site. Sometimes this is a group interview and sometimes it is one-one. They ask about experience you have had working with customers and solving problems and pose some hypothetical scenarios to gauge your responses.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had a coworker who was different from you and how this affected your work.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

It was a group interview and it was fairly easy. The HR woman was very nice and asked simple questions about the company. She also made us pick an item out of a bag and we had to figure out what it was and then present it to the group which I thought was fun.

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA in January 2015.

Interview

Most people started with a phone interview. I started with a one on one about a week after I applied. Went through a background check which took about five days. Then a cheek swab drug test. Took a bit longer than I would've liked, but still went well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Round Rock, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Had an initial interview with main manager (shopkeeper). Second interview was with another manager (HR generalist), laid back interview, took a while to from the point of getting the job to first start date.

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKEA in February 2014.

Interview

I went through a very long interview and hiring process with IKEA Brooklyn. I had a one on one interview and then a group, after the one on one it seemed like the HR generalist I met with had forgotten me but after sticking with it and keeping in touch. I was invited to the group interview and during this there was a store tour then an assignment to showcase how we would improve an existing product which would have to present to the group as managers made their critiques silently.

Interview Questions

• Average interview questions, just show confidence and enthusiasm. do a little research on IKEA values.   Answer Question

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA in February 2013.

Interview

First, I received a five-minute telephone interview from HR, with general questions regarding experiences and ethical standards. I was informed that I would receive a call from the store's Human Resources department within a week. The call came in within 5 minutes of hanging up. Later that week, I engaged in an interview with HR, followed by one of the shopkeepers (department managers). After a drug test and ten days of waiting, I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKEA (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

First, they will call you to set up a date for a interview. long and tedious and too many managers to get interviewed Second, you will have at least four interviews to go through. Make sure you introduce yourself correctly, otherwise they will not answer any questions.

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Conshohocken, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Three interviews before the job offer -- first on the phone and then two in-person interviews with different managers/hr. The entire interview process took about a month and a half, followed by nearly a month between offer and job start (ostensibly to allow for background checks and drug test results). HR personnel were very friendly and welcoming, and prospective managers were involved so they could evaluate candidates on a personal level.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Three interviews: phone, HR, and department manager. HR went through the different departments that were looking aside from the one I initially applied for. I picked a different department than the one I was applying for. Once you get past HR, you're pretty much in, unless you have some crazy demands during the department manager interview.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process is unnecessarily long and tedious, especially for an hourly retail job. I had a phone interview with a regional recruiter, then a group interview (which I don't think they do anymore), then another in person interview. I had to come back, yet a fourth time, to fill out paperwork and take a drug test. All in all, it took about a month, which is overkill for a retail position.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about experience working with people of different backgrounds, or people who think differently than me.   1 Answer