IKEA

Average Difficulty
199 candidate interviews

Inbound Flow Interview

Inbound Flow

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – All on phone due to location

Interview Question – What do you do when team lead calls in sick and he/she concerned about completing operation successfully that day.   View Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – I was ready for this to be slow - after reading the reviews here - but I was surprised that exactly one month after submitting my CV and cover letter online (and fully according to procedure) I still have not heard a peep from anyone at IKEA.

Knowing (from glassdoor) that the average wait for the first phone call is two weeks, I waited three weeks before following up. By the way, IKEA makes doing so difficult but not impossible. When I finally reached exactly the right person, I left a friendly and detailed message on his voice mail - including the position, store, candidate number assigned to my submission, the name of the well-regarded, manager-level "co-worker" who nominated me - and my phone number, of course. Despite the outgoing message on the recruiter's voicemail promising to return all calls - a week later I still haven't heard anything, despite a strong resume.

As a customer, I have a very high regard for IKEA. But, I am beginning to suspect they end up hiring the weaker candidates - those who are left over after other employers (with a more aggressive recruitment system) have attracted and hired the best.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser

I applied online and interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – After receiving an e-mail of interest from their recruiting department on the East Coast, I called and left a message with the recruiter, who was prompt in returning my call.
The phone interview was short and asked "Why IKEA?" and several behavioral questions, along the lines of "give an example of when you were in a leadership position and things didn't go well," "... an example of when you had to work with people who were different than you," "... an example of when you had to work alone and what was the outcome."

Interview Question – Experience with AutoCAD is required to be a visual merchandiser in the Marketplace at IKEA.   Answer Question

Designer Co-worker Interview

Designer Co-worker

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in February 2013.

Interview Details – filled an application online and got a phone call next day. I called back and the person from recruitment department asked me all the typical competency based interview questions: "have you ever worked with a person who was different from you(ethics, religion, race) - how did you overcome differences?", "have you ever gone above and beyond in your previous job? give specifics" very stressful and fast paced - in the e-mail it said up to 15 min. phone call - nothing about this kind of interview. Well, I wasn't prepared for "grilling" and shouldn't have called back right away. I should have taken time to prepare. At the end he told me they will contact me within 10 days - 2 weeks. After exactly 2 weeks I got an e-mail with an invitation to a "personal interview". I'm going next week - will update.

Interview Question – have you ever worked with a person who was different from you(ethics, religion, race) - how did you overcome differences?   Answer Question

Logs Manager Interview

Logs Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – online, phone and in person with several people

Reason for Declining – pay

Co-worker- Sales Floor Interview

Co-worker- Sales Floor

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details – The interview process was easy. First I applied online, and few days later got an email from the HR and we picked a day for the phone interview. Then if they like you, you will go on for the next interview with the manager in the department you will be working in and the sales manager in the store. After one week, you will get to know if you are hired or not.

Interview Question – It bascially all behavioral questions, mostly related to customer experience.   Answer Question

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Self Serve Sales Associate

Interview Details – it was 30 mins interview. mostly behavioral questions

Interview Question – why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details – applied online, received an email, went in for an interview, was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for IKEA?   Answer Question

3D-artist Interview

3D-artist

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details – Since part of the IKEA sphere, first line of recruitment is made internally. Secondly comes the public hiring, which is strictly competence based (CVs, portfolios etc.).

Interview Question – Started out as an intern, so I never did a job interview at this location.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short talk on salary. Nothing else.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Carson, CA

I applied online and interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – I filled out application online and a few days later I recieved a phone call from outside state. They left a message. I called back and the interview answered and proceeded with the interview. It was rather quick. He said he would forward my answer to the store manager in 7 to 10 days

Interview Question – why would like to work for IKEA?   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!