IKEA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.6

Ikea Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Woodbridge, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

First you wait at the switchboard while everyone looks at you as they pass. You sit in a tiny interview room with one manager. They'll ask the average interview questions. You have to take a drug test on the spot if offered the job. (Very Awkward, you have to have a stick in your mouth as they talk to you). They'll shake your hand and you leave.

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IKEA (Conshohocken, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

first they do a phone interview with you just to ask you basic questions about the position you applied for then they do an in store interview with you with the department and store manager

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

apply online, got a phone interview in the next 7days. During the phone interview they ask about why you want to work for Ikea and lots of example of problems you faced with customers during your previous employment. When they satisfied with your answer they scheduled for face to face over the phone. 3 weeks later. The face to face interview are conducted with floor manager and his supervisor. They only asked me 5 beheavioral questions, none of the questions related to your skills or qualities.

Interview Questions

• Give specific example of when you have communication problem with co-worker and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Plock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perryville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at IKEA (Perryville, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. The longest part of it was probably the drug test which was only a swab test by the way not urine. Other than that the interview process was a breeze and simple

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Applied online got called few days after and did phone interview. Then I was told to come in and did a group Interview. Background check was done and then got called back and hired. Drug test and orientation next !

Interview Questions

• What will you do to ensure your own personal development ?   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2011.

Interview

2 onsite interviews, and 1 phone interview with corporate.it is assumed that you are qualified in all technical aspects of the position. IKEA is highly cultural based organization. Many of their questions are based on situational leadership styles to determine your management techniques, hypothetical scenarios and you are also given a 1.5 hour + personality test that is heavily weighted in the hiring process. They are absolutely looking for a cultural fit. Strong/aggressive personalities are not the "IKEA way" Being diplomatic, persuasive and a "partnership approach" is the only way to land a job at IKEA. And you also must be fluent in SWENGLISH. :)

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were minimal when it came to the technical accounting side. As a CPA with graduate degree, it is assumed your are fluent in all technical aspects required for the position. By the time you are screened by HR and come onsite, they are looking for a team member. They never ask "why should we hire you". Yet they do ask, tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how did you fix it etc...   1 Answer

Logistics Co- Worker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Received call and asking 10 questions. All about work experiences. She only get come basic information and she will report to another team to review. she also asking more about work experiences.

Interview Questions

• what is your goal in the future?
      What is your long term goal?
      what is your strengths?

Answer Question

Goods Flow/Logistics Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IKEA (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first one was the initial phone call pre-screen interview. They asked me board general interest questions such as "Why are you interested in working at IKEA" "What is your availability like, are you comfortable with working early mornings?" and "How do you work in a team?" we then set up an in store interview the following day.

The first in store interview consisted of my being sat down in a room with a manager and being given some paperwork such as reference checks and a criminal background questionnaire. The manager explained to me the role of goods flow/logistics in the store and the different departments (receiving/binning/replenishment) and asked me what I felt would be the best fit for me. He then asked me several questions such as "What experience/skills could you bring from your school/work to IKEA?" "How do you work with others?" still very simple questions. Afterwards I was invited to another interview the following day.

The third and last interview consisted of me being sat down with the previous manager and two other managers (from the department of goods flow mentioned before). This interview is where I was asked more in dept questions but ones that were quite standard. "Why do you want to work here?" "Tell me about a situation in which you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you resolve it?" "Which of our values do you identify with?" "Where do you see yourself in X years?" "How have you overcome a difficult situation/hardship at work?". After that interview I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with team members who don’t do their part?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you worked with someone who was culturally different than you   1 Answer
    • Describe what is necessary to be a successful team?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wednesfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IKEA (Wednesfield, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Long winded group interview. Also very unprofessional staff as they were discussing with potential candidates, the ikea workforce and who they knew which is a clear breach of confidentiality! Didn't have the decency to phone candidates to let them know whether they were successful or not.

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IKEA in January 2015.

Interview

Plenty of 'tell me about a time when' behavioral questions which in my opinion are unpleasant. Inexperienced interviewer. I applied for the same position I had before at the same store I worked at for 2 years. Strange

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to interact with a difficult customer. What was the situation, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were under a lot of pressure. What was going on, and how did you get through it   Answer Question