IKEA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.5

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with national HR people just getting basics and some job history. If you pass that then there is the in-person interview, which is mainly behavioral questions. If you get past that, there is a background check with a 3rd party which slows down the process, and a drug test in person. Very laid back process, attire is business casual at most. Only negative is the process is very slow. Can take about a month when factoring in everything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to help a customer who was unhappy with their service?   Answer Question
    • Describe a project you did on your own without being asked.   Answer Question

Seasonal Special Events Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day received an email for a phone interview. Phone interview consisted mostly of behavioral based questions. I was asked to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you and a co worker didn't see eye to eye on a task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IKEA (Dallas, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

It was brief, asked about past experience, referances. Also was told to present a project i was working on in my past employment. This was to see my people skill

Interview Questions

• Present an example of a project i was working on in my previous eployment   Answer Question

Co-Worker Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IKEA (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview about a week and half later. After about a 20 minute phone interview of basic questions on prior experience I was asked to come in for another interview with team leads. That interview was also about 20 minutes with further questioning about my experience, why I wanted to work at IKEA...etc. Immediately I had a second interview with the manager. Told me I would hear from them in about a week about their decision. Called me the next day and asked me to come in again, upon arrival I was offered a job. Took drug test and submitted paperwork for a background check.

Store Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IKEA (New Delhi (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

After applying online I underwent a phone interview which was a discussion on my profile and info on ikea. Therafter I underwent a face to face interview with the country head. This was a simple and positive interview which went off well. Basic questions and knowledge of ikea store was asked along with acceptability of certain regulations at the workplace. After a week I underwent an online test which was focused on my aptitude I presume. I an still awaiting the outcome since two months. No replies have been received even to My emails.

Interview Questions

• Have I been to. An ikea store   1 Answer

Ikea Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Phila, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview with two of the managers, and then a three day new hire orientation. I applied for the position online and heard back from them maybe 4 months later. I did 2 phone interviews in the first week and then came in for an interview the following week. Where i sat with the general manager and then the team lead manager. Both were really easy going atmosphere wise. Then after i was hired (told shortly after my interview) I came in for a 3 day orientation for new hires.

Interview Questions

• To tell them about a time when i had a difficult customer or customer issue and how did i resolve the problem.   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Applied online on the 1st of the month. Got an email on the 14th saying they wanted me to call for a phone interview but they ended up calling me a few hours later. Phone interview is pretty simple, took less than 10 minutes and it was a lot of situational questions. They had to do with working on a team, times you have made mistakes and how you dealt with it and why Ikea. After that he scedueled an in store interview for the next day which was the 15th. Also a very easy process, had to fill out a paper application and answer a few questions she had about what I had written and my past experience. The interviewer told me I had to wait for a background check and that process took about two weeks. Half an hour after the interview I got an email for the background check, filled that out and expected to wait two weeks. Got a call on the 17th to come in for my drug test and fill out my last papers so I could start orientation. Super simple interview just be honest and as efficient with your words as possible. The interviewers were both calm and very nice so don't be too nervous.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Ikea Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Bloomington, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes to 1 hour. I was interviewed by two different lead managers from the front end cashiers. They were very interested in getting to know you and asked basic questions.

ECommerce Chat Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA (Baltimore, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was straight-forward and friendly. I was interviewed by two eCommerce supervisors: Tymesha Nettles and Marcus Turner. For my first year and a half, I worked as a Store Service co-worker. I eventually received the eCommerce Chat position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you had a difficult customer, but they were pleased with your service by the end of the call?   1 Answer

Returns and Exchanges Coworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Email from human resources, call from human resources scheduling an interview and asking about 5 questions about yourself, situational, and previous work experience. Phone and in person interviewers were so down to earth and easy to talk to and helped you answer the question if you stumbled, made it more clear and comfortable. First interview was very typical with one person asking in his terms cheesy corny questions, like ten or more there were a lot of questions and then you agree to take a drug test. Second interview was two people who are both managers. Didn't get hired for the job I applied to but was referred to a different job making less money.

Interview Questions

• What I learned from someone I worked with who was different from me   1 Answer