IKEA

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.5

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA in May 2014.

Applied online, was called back for an impromptu phone interview. Questions were standard job interview questions, with some about my knowledge and opinion of the company. Was called again about a week later for another impromptu interview with similar questions, after which I scheduled an in-store interview. That interview is tomorrow and I'm hopeful about my chances.

Ikea Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Once i have finish my application a week later i received a phone call from they and that was my first interview. they said i passed on my application to the store i applied to. 3 days later i got the call to schedule my in-store interview. and once finished i had did a back ground check and once that went through i go another call for the second interview and got offered the job

Interview Questions
    • when was a time you have offered to me a leader to a group   Answer Question
    My Start date and my work schedule

Cookshop Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IKEA in April 2014.

Applied online. Received email from recruiter to conduct a telephone call interview. Set up date and time. Phone interview was about thirty minutes. Received a followup email after the phone interview for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of filling out a physical application and attach resume. During this interview there were several phycological evaluations with hands on tools and puzzles. Finally I had to come up with a new product and sell it to them. There were about 12 candidates, the groups were separated, my group of 5 were chosen as qualified for the position. This was 4 months ago. The store opens in August. I never received a call, or email to at least inform me of the outcome or rejection. This was callous and inexcusable of the recruiter to do this after so many interactions.

Interview Questions
    • Invent a new product that can be sold here. Make it, list it's functions, market it, give it a price and sell it.   View Answer

FOOD Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in April 2014.

First received a phone interview. Then got called back to have an in person interview. Pretty simple interview. How do you work in a team, What are your greatest accomplishments? Where do you se yourself in the future? Do you have reliable transportation? THe interviewer was super nice.

Account Manager Interview

hiring process was great. they had group interviews. hiring process was great. they had group interviews. hiring process was great. they had group interviews. hiring process was great. they had group interviews. hiring process was great. they had group interviews.

Sales Associate Interview

really wanted to be impressed by your knowledge of the company and there values.

Interview Questions
    • how does working at ikea change your life   View Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IKEA.

HR called me 10 days after submitting my application. I didn't receive an email or anything regarding they were going to call me for phone interview so was rather surprised to have an interview out of the blue. It was maybe 15 minutes. Very nice lady said someone would call within two weeks if they wanted to schedule an in person interview

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite room in your house and why? Where do you get your inspiration from? How would you define success?   Answer Question

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in March 2014.

I applied for this position online, and the whole process took about roughly two weeks. The most relevant questions are:

"Why do you want to work for Ikea"?

Interview Questions
    • The last question was probably the most difficult, because we from time to time, we forget the things that we have done. But the most important thing to remember is to think clearly about what you are going to say.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at IKEA in March 2014.

I was invited to a group interview. There were about 100 applicants and there were approx. 8 applicants per table. We paired up with someone at our table and asked them 1. Their name, 2. what they do for a living, 3. what they like most about their job, and 4. what they like least about their job. There were a bunch of Ikea employees going from table to table listing in on what was being said. I'm not sure if these were the hiring managers or not. When we were done with that, each person introduced their partner to everyone else at the table.
    After that, we had a group activity in which we had to create a product using the supplies on the table. Each table had different toys, legos, pieces of paper etc. to use to create some product as a group. After about 10 mins., each group gave a 2 minute presentation to the room. We had to show the product, explain what it did, cost, and other information. That's when a bunch of the employees left the room, probably to compare notes on the applicants, because after the presentations they came back and called small groups out of the room, a few at a time. The person who talked to us said someone would be contacting us about a hiring decision in a week or so. I'm not sure if we were cut, and the people left in the room were told congratulations. I left feeling deflated in any case. Four days later I received a call from another department for another phone interview. After two more days I was invited to a one on one interview, which is pending.

Update: At the one on one interview I spoke with two team leaders and then the hiring manager. The hiring manager offered me a position, pending background check and drug testing. The next time I go into the office, I will be given information about the hours, pay, benefits etc. My expected start date is in one month.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficulty is not having a sense of where you stand in the hiring process when you leave the group interview.

These were not difficult questions, but interviewers asked the following questions:
      1. Name a time when it is best to work alone, and when it is best to work as a team.
      2. Describe a time when you worked with someone who different from you culturally, ethically, or who had different values than you.
      3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      4. And of course the classic - Why should we hire you?
        Answer Question
    Negotiating phase pending drug testing and background check.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Ikea's interview process was both a fun and unique experience. My first interview was a group hiring event where around thirty other applicants and I were taken into a conference room where we were split up between managers in groups of four. We were asked one question, and then each group was given a task to be completed as a team. The task was used to let the managers observe how well each candidate worked in a group with others to reach a common goal. They were able to observe our personalities as well as our communication skills firsthand. Later, they selected some of us to continue to the next step in the hiring process by providing references and information for a background check. After about a week, I was called in for a one on one interview with the manager interested in hiring me onto her team. I had a professional interview with both my manager and her boss, and a week later, I was called in for one last meeting in which I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer, OR tell us about a time when you handled an extremely difficult customer."   View Answer
    Ikea is looking for someone who is willing to start building a career through them, so they want to make sure you're comfortable with the hours you choose. Really consider how much time you will have to come to work before you make your decision. If you're going to school or have family obligations, make sure you are very clear with the times you will be available. Ikea is highly supportive of your life outside the workplace, so they want to make sure you can schedule your time wisely.