IKEA Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IKEA in March 2011.

Positive perception of people, office, and work environment. Two interviews needed.

Sales Coworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hicksville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in December 2010.

Knew someone working at the company and was able to get a referral, which helped in getting an interview. Submitted my resume and met with a Human Resource manager, who inquired about my relevant experience and what department I'd be interested in working at within the company. I was very personable in the interview, which is a big part about a sales job and the main reason I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you? It's always awkward to try and boast oneself while trying to remain modest and not state the obvious answers.   Answer Question

Ikea Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in February 2014.

I applied online and got a phone interview. They asked a few easy questions like "have you ever worked with someone culturally different from you?", I was told I would get a call from the store soon. I didn't get the call until about three weeks later, but I was still searching for a job. I went in for a 1:1 interview, filled out a paper application and got asked situational questions and why I wanted to work there, then it followed with another interview from another manager. All situational questions. I really studied for these questions prior, so I nailed it. They told me I would receive an email for a background check. Did the background check, now waiting for results.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you encountered an angry customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Home Furnishings Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Canton, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

I interviewed online - interviewed at IKEA.

Applied online. Received a phone interview 3 weeks later. Awaiting an in-store interview

Interview Questions
    • I was asked 3 questions. Why do you want to work for Ikea? Why do you like working as part of a team? What was your worst customer service experience?   Answer Question

Frontlines Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IKEA in November 2013.

I applied in October and was offered a position two months later. First it was a phone interview with standard questions about how I would handle workplace situations and if I could work as a team. Then the face to face and about two pages of non-traditional questions but mostly on how I would handle situations. The 'second' interview was actually a job offer and drug test. The background check took forever with the company they use reporting inaccurate information even though I provided proof!!

Interview Questions
    • If I had to do something over, how would I handle it differently?   Answer Question
    Zero room for negotiation. This is the offer, take it or don't.

Call Center Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA.

The initial interview is long. There is a test and a sit it as well as the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • It had to do with one of the core values of doing things differently   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Inflow Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at IKEA in December 2013.

Its a very easy hiring and interviewing process overall. They make the interview a lot of fun because they do all of it in a 3 to 4 hour time span.

Interview Questions
    • Just be honest about you want from the company and why you want to work here.   Answer Question
    I said the number and they agreed to it.

Shopkeeper Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Very cozy experience, they take you into a room with Ikea furniture and make you feel comfortable. I had an int. with the direct sup. and the hr person. Asked your basic questions, Im coming from a non traditional retail environment so they asked a lot of questions pertaining to could I do retail.

Interior & Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Carson, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in November 2012.

Applied online, was emailed by a recruiter to conduct a phone interview. She asked a few questions about why I want to work for the company and what I know about the company. Told me my information would be forwarded to the store management and would receive a call if asked for an in-person interview.

Sales Co-Worker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IKEA in February 2013.

First, I received a five-minute telephone interview from HR, with general questions regarding experiences and ethical standards. I was informed that I would receive a call from the store's Human Resources department within a week. The call came in within 5 minutes of hanging up. Later that week, I engaged in an interview with HR, followed by one of the shopkeepers (department managers). After a drug test and ten days of waiting, I was offered the position.