IKEA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.5

Cold Prep/Server @ Restaurant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

About a week after I applied online I received a phone interview. It was about 3 questions, the ones I remember are "When was a time you had to work with someone different than you?" and "Why do you want to work for IKEA?" About 2 or 3 days later the store called & set up an interview. It was basic behavioral questions: "Tell me a time when you had to..." and they want to know what you know about the store & what you like about it so research! You could tell I was nervous but I smiled a lot and answered the best I could. A week later I got a call for a second interview, which was them telling me I had the job. They gave me a drug test, information, & my schedule.

Frontlines Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IKEA in November 2013.

I applied in October and was offered a position two months later. First it was a phone interview with standard questions about how I would handle workplace situations and if I could work as a team. Then the face to face and about two pages of non-traditional questions but mostly on how I would handle situations. The 'second' interview was actually a job offer and drug test. The background check took forever with the company they use reporting inaccurate information even though I provided proof!!

Interview Questions
    • If I had to do something over, how would I handle it differently?   Answer Question
    Zero room for negotiation. This is the offer, take it or don't.

Swedish Market & Bistro Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Phone interview followed by in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't anything difficult about the interview questions. They just asked me about my previous experience in retail.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase; I was happy with the compensation at $8.00/hr.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stoughton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IKEA.

This is my one complaint. The hiring process was so incredibly drawn out. I applied in late March/early April of 2009, was interviewed in May and I didn't start work until June. And this was to semi-urgently fill the vacant position. The interview process itself was decent, you go into a cozy little room decorated and outfitted with Ikea furniture (naturally) the interviewers were friendly, they ask thought-provoking questions, and sometimes you may be asked to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any specific questions. They weren't humdingers like Google has, but they do require you to think.   Answer Question

Shopkeeper Interview

I applied internally to this job from another geographical location so the interview was done over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult customer and how you dealt with the situation   Answer Question

Swedish Market & Bistro Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

It was easy to apply, but took them a while to call me back. About a month that I applied they called me in for an interview. They asked if I know anything about the history of IKEA and asked the most common interview questions.

No negotiation.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

I applied online and received a call from HR, in about 3-4 weeks, for a short phone interview which led to an interview the next day. I had the interview with HR, very friendly, then another with my potential manager, waited after a drug test &then offered the job

Interview Questions
    • they ask basic retail questions when the job has nothing to do with selling anything, at least not for a market place associate. they asked "the silliest thing you've done" which was really stupid & irrelevant, they think they're fun but they're not.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation...they told me my previous job was paying too little for a city job but ended up offering me the same amount -_- 9.50 which is NOTHING! & they told me way after accepting the offer.

Home Furnishings Sales Coworker Interview

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA.

I filled out the online application and received an email not long after telling me that they were interested in my application and to call for an interview. I called the same day and spoke with a friendly woman who asked me only a few questions. The interview took only five minutes, and she told me that she would forward my information on to the hiring manager who would call me within 5-7 days to set up an in-person interview. After a week, I hadn't heard anything, so I called the woman I originally spoke with to ask about the status of my application. After unsuccessfully attempting to reach her several times, I eventually resorted to emailing her. She eventually emailed me back and gave me the phone number for Human Resources. I tried calling them, but the phone would just kept ringing and I never even reached an answering machine. I am still waiting to hear back, but after several months of not receiving a phone call or email, it is safe to assume that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • -Tell me about a time where you provided excellent customer service.
      -Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone different from you.
        Answer Question

Logistic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blooming, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blooming, OR

interviewed at IKEA in August 2013.

There were two levels of managers in the interview at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to know the history of IKEA. Be prepared to talk about situations in which you dealt with co-workers, provided great customer service. Talk about when you made a suggestion to improve, how you resolve conflict.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in August 2013.

Takes a little time. Had a interview with manager, HR, and Store manager. Also did phone interviews with the service office and manager. A long process but well worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty straight forward. None that were too hard.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Got more than asked for.