IKEA

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.6

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in May 2014.

About a week after applying, got an email requesting a phone interview. The questions were easy, and included ones like "When is it best to work as part of a team/individually?" and "Describe a time when you worked with someone who was culturally different than you." A few days after that, I was called in for an in-person interview. Again, easy questions like "Describe a time when you faced a problem at work."

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard interview questions. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA in May 2014.

Applied online, was called back for an impromptu phone interview. Questions were standard job interview questions, with some about my knowledge and opinion of the company. Was called again about a week later for another impromptu interview with similar questions, after which I scheduled an in-store interview. That interview is tomorrow and I'm hopeful about my chances.

Ikea FOOD Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA in May 2014.

Did a Online application. They called a week later. Did the interview two weeks later. Then did another interview. Finally got an offer. Toke about a month process. The hr person was really nice.

No negotiations

Ikea Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Once i have finish my application a week later i received a phone call from they and that was my first interview. they said i passed on my application to the store i applied to. 3 days later i got the call to schedule my in-store interview. and once finished i had did a back ground check and once that went through i go another call for the second interview and got offered the job

Interview Questions
    • when was a time you have offered to me a leader to a group   Answer Question
    My Start date and my work schedule

Cookshop Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IKEA in April 2014.

Applied online. Received email from recruiter to conduct a telephone call interview. Set up date and time. Phone interview was about thirty minutes. Received a followup email after the phone interview for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of filling out a physical application and attach resume. During this interview there were several phycological evaluations with hands on tools and puzzles. Finally I had to come up with a new product and sell it to them. There were about 12 candidates, the groups were separated, my group of 5 were chosen as qualified for the position. This was 4 months ago. The store opens in August. I never received a call, or email to at least inform me of the outcome or rejection. This was callous and inexcusable of the recruiter to do this after so many interactions.

Interview Questions
    • Invent a new product that can be sold here. Make it, list it's functions, market it, give it a price and sell it.   View Answer

FOOD Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in April 2014.

First received a phone interview. Then got called back to have an in person interview. Pretty simple interview. How do you work in a team, What are your greatest accomplishments? Where do you se yourself in the future? Do you have reliable transportation? THe interviewer was super nice.

Account Manager Interview

hiring process was great. they had group interviews. hiring process was great. they had group interviews. hiring process was great. they had group interviews. hiring process was great. they had group interviews. hiring process was great. they had group interviews.

Sales Associate Interview

really wanted to be impressed by your knowledge of the company and there values.

Interview Questions
    • how does working at ikea change your life   View Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IKEA.

HR called me 10 days after submitting my application. I didn't receive an email or anything regarding they were going to call me for phone interview so was rather surprised to have an interview out of the blue. It was maybe 15 minutes. Very nice lady said someone would call within two weeks if they wanted to schedule an in person interview

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite room in your house and why? Where do you get your inspiration from? How would you define success?   Answer Question

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in March 2014.

I applied for this position online, and the whole process took about roughly two weeks. The most relevant questions are:

"Why do you want to work for Ikea"?

Interview Questions
    • The last question was probably the most difficult, because we from time to time, we forget the things that we have done. But the most important thing to remember is to think clearly about what you are going to say.   Answer Question