IKEA

2.6

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IKEA.

HR called me 10 days after submitting my application. I didn't receive an email or anything regarding they were going to call me for phone interview so was rather surprised to have an interview out of the blue. It was maybe 15 minutes. Very nice lady said someone would call within two weeks if they wanted to schedule an in person interview

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite room in your house and why? Where do you get your inspiration from? How would you define success?   Answer Question

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in March 2014.

I applied for this position online, and the whole process took about roughly two weeks. The most relevant questions are:

"Why do you want to work for Ikea"?

Interview Questions
    • The last question was probably the most difficult, because we from time to time, we forget the things that we have done. But the most important thing to remember is to think clearly about what you are going to say.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at IKEA in March 2014.

I was invited to a group interview. There were about 100 applicants and there were approx. 8 applicants per table. We paired up with someone at our table and asked them 1. Their name, 2. what they do for a living, 3. what they like most about their job, and 4. what they like least about their job. There were a bunch of Ikea employees going from table to table listing in on what was being said. I'm not sure if these were the hiring managers or not. When we were done with that, each person introduced their partner to everyone else at the table.
    After that, we had a group activity in which we had to create a product using the supplies on the table. Each table had different toys, legos, pieces of paper etc. to use to create some product as a group. After about 10 mins., each group gave a 2 minute presentation to the room. We had to show the product, explain what it did, cost, and other information. That's when a bunch of the employees left the room, probably to compare notes on the applicants, because after the presentations they came back and called small groups out of the room, a few at a time. The person who talked to us said someone would be contacting us about a hiring decision in a week or so. I'm not sure if we were cut, and the people left in the room were told congratulations. I left feeling deflated in any case. Four days later I received a call from another department for another phone interview. After two more days I was invited to a one on one interview, which is pending.

Update: At the one on one interview I spoke with two team leaders and then the hiring manager. The hiring manager offered me a position, pending background check and drug testing. The next time I go into the office, I will be given information about the hours, pay, benefits etc. My expected start date is in one month.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficulty is not having a sense of where you stand in the hiring process when you leave the group interview.

These were not difficult questions, but interviewers asked the following questions:
      1. Name a time when it is best to work alone, and when it is best to work as a team.
      2. Describe a time when you worked with someone who different from you culturally, ethically, or who had different values than you.
      3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      4. And of course the classic - Why should we hire you?

Answer Question
    Negotiating phase pending drug testing and background check.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Ikea's interview process was both a fun and unique experience. My first interview was a group hiring event where around thirty other applicants and I were taken into a conference room where we were split up between managers in groups of four. We were asked one question, and then each group was given a task to be completed as a team. The task was used to let the managers observe how well each candidate worked in a group with others to reach a common goal. They were able to observe our personalities as well as our communication skills firsthand. Later, they selected some of us to continue to the next step in the hiring process by providing references and information for a background check. After about a week, I was called in for a one on one interview with the manager interested in hiring me onto her team. I had a professional interview with both my manager and her boss, and a week later, I was called in for one last meeting in which I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer, OR tell us about a time when you handled an extremely difficult customer."   View Answer
    Ikea is looking for someone who is willing to start building a career through them, so they want to make sure you're comfortable with the hours you choose. Really consider how much time you will have to come to work before you make your decision. If you're going to school or have family obligations, make sure you are very clear with the times you will be available. Ikea is highly supportive of your life outside the workplace, so they want to make sure you can schedule your time wisely.

Home Furnishings Sales Co-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Applied online. Received a phone interview 3 weeks later. Awaiting an in-store interview

Interview Questions
    • I was asked 3 questions. Why do you want to work for Ikea? Why do you like working as part of a team? What was your worst customer service experience?   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IKEA.

The initial interview is long. There is a test and a sit it as well as the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • It had to do with one of the core values of doing things differently   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Ikea Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in February 2014.

I applied online and got a phone interview. They asked a few easy questions like "have you ever worked with someone culturally different from you?", I was told I would get a call from the store soon. I didn't get the call until about three weeks later, but I was still searching for a job. I went in for a 1:1 interview, filled out a paper application and got asked situational questions and why I wanted to work there, then it followed with another interview from another manager. All situational questions. I really studied for these questions prior, so I nailed it. They told me I would receive an email for a background check. Did the background check, now waiting for results.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you encountered an angry customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Sales Co-Worker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IKEA in February 2014.

I went through a very long interview and hiring process with IKEA Brooklyn. I had a one on one interview and then a group, after the one on one it seemed like the HR generalist I met with had forgotten me but after sticking with it and keeping in touch. I was invited to the group interview and during this there was a store tour then an assignment to showcase how we would improve an existing product which would have to present to the group as managers made their critiques silently.

Interview Questions
    • Average interview questions, just show confidence and enthusiasm. do a little research on IKEA values.   Answer Question

Shopkeeper Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Very cozy experience, they take you into a room with Ikea furniture and make you feel comfortable. I had an int. with the direct sup. and the hr person. Asked your basic questions, Im coming from a non traditional retail environment so they asked a lot of questions pertaining to could I do retail.

Inflow Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IKEA in December 2013.

Its a very easy hiring and interviewing process overall. They make the interview a lot of fun because they do all of it in a 3 to 4 hour time span.

Interview Questions
    • Just be honest about you want from the company and why you want to work here.   Answer Question
    I said the number and they agreed to it.