IKEA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
West Chester, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application about a week before I got a call from one of the managers. He asked me to come in for an interview that next day. I went in and filled out another paper application form. I was interviewed by a manager in the bath section who wanted to hire me in his area (keep in mind I have no experience in that area whatsoever). The interview took about an hour, maybe longer including filling out the paper application. He told me he would call me by that next week and that he's planning to hire around memorial day(3 weeks away), but instead I got a call the next day to do some more paperwork and then to start me off in the next couple of days. I took the drug test during my interview as well, it was a saliva drug test, nothing that difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have a saved money for a company you have worked for?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you have had to deal with multiple things at one time   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you have had to do something that you had little or no experience or training in   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
West Chester, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA in May 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out the application on line. About a week later, I was given a call by one of the managers at Ikea. He asked me to come in for an interview that next day. When I showed up, I was asked to fill out a paper application as well. He called me back and it was the basic interviews questions. I ended up doing a drug test then and there. It was a saliva drug test, so nothing too difficult. He told me he would give me a call in a week and that he was hiring for the end of may(3 weeks from then). I got a call the next day from a lady in HR and asked me to come in that Monday to fill out more paperwork and to start on Tuesday instead. They have two days of orientation, and it really gets you use to their values and their store policies. It also helps you get use to their store a little better since it is HUGE.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IKEA in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was fairly simple. First, was a phone interview that lasted only 15 minutes. There was then an in person interview with two team leaders. The in person interview is basically to see if you would get along with the person training you. They then call you about the job offer and set up a date to take a mouth swap drug test. I've heard that HR has not been responding to applicants recently.

Interview Question – The questions were basic interview questions, nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Ikea Cashier Interview

Ikea Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in May 2009.

Interview Details – Applied Online...Got a call one month later for interview. The interview was a group interview and they like to see who is outgoing and talks enough but not alot. Needless to say if you are quiet they would overlook you.

Interview Question – Provide some examples of when you had to provide leadership.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
San Francisco, CA

The process took 6 days - interviewed at IKEA in September 2012.

Interview Details – applied online on company's job board site. Got the email a week later said they were going to follow other candidates.

Interview Question – Online Portfolio   Answer Question

Sales Coworker-showroom Interview

Sales Coworker-showroom
Woodbridge, VA

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in January 2013.

Interview Details – I first received a phone interview, this lasted for about 17-23 minutes. It all depends on how talkative you are.
The generic conventional questions such as: Why Ikea? Weakness? Strengths? Do you prefer to work independently or in a group?

Apparently they had suspended hiring even though I was told I'd get a call the following week.. I received an email and call in January.

One in person interview.
A week later another in person interview.
Called in separately to fill paperwork.
Called in separately for a drug test, and finally hiring papers!

Can be lengthy process, unless you're applying before summer or winter holidays.

Interview Question – Have you ever made a mistake?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation, they had a pre-printed paper from HR that said $9.50

Co-worker- Sales Floor Interview

Co-worker- Sales Floor

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details – The interview process was easy. First I applied online, and few days later got an email from the HR and we picked a day for the phone interview. Then if they like you, you will go on for the next interview with the manager in the department you will be working in and the sales manager in the store. After one week, you will get to know if you are hired or not.

Interview Question – It bascially all behavioral questions, mostly related to customer experience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Self Serve Sales Associate Interview

Self Serve Sales Associate
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IKEA in March 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online, was then called about 4 days later for a phone interview..i was asked generic questions about times i had to work with difficult people..etc

was invited to a hiring event, with a bunch of people, was interviewed and offered a job on the stop

came back 2 days later for the on-site drug test(oral swab)

Interview Question – name a time when you had to work with someone you didnt like   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – After applying on the company's website I was asked to come to the store to interview. After a very simple interview with a manager for the department I was applying to. A few days after the initial interview I was asked to come back in, for what seemed like a 2nd interview but was really to be offered the position and be given a saliva drug test.

Interview Question – Mostly VERY simple situation questions. It is considered a plus to know something about the company going into interview, especially regarding sustainability or outreach programs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically, for most positions they have a range in which they are willing to pay. Don't be afraid to ask for a decent amount, if it is reasonable they most likely will accept it.

Bistro Cashier Interview

Bistro Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an e-mail almost a month later to ask about good times for a phone interview. They called soon after and asked me a few basic questions. They e-mailed me again to schedule an interview on-site. I interviewed with someone from HR and then interviewed again with the manager. After a day they gave me a folder with everything I needed (drug test, background check, etc.)

Interview Question – When was a time you had a problem with a teammate and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at IKEA