IKEA Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  West Covina, CA
Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA in June 2011.

I filled out an application in person and got a call back within a week. I only had one interview but it went well except I was found overqualified and was not hired for fear I would leave for better pay.

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Sales Associate Interview

really wanted to be impressed by your knowledge of the company and there values.

Interview Questions
    • how does working at ikea change your life   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Ikea's interview process was both a fun and unique experience. My first interview was a group hiring event where around thirty other applicants and I were taken into a conference room where we were split up between managers in groups of four. We were asked one question, and then each group was given a task to be completed as a team. The task was used to let the managers observe how well each candidate worked in a group with others to reach a common goal. They were able to observe our personalities as well as our communication skills firsthand. Later, they selected some of us to continue to the next step in the hiring process by providing references and information for a background check. After about a week, I was called in for a one on one interview with the manager interested in hiring me onto her team. I had a professional interview with both my manager and her boss, and a week later, I was called in for one last meeting in which I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer, OR tell us about a time when you handled an extremely difficult customer."   View Answer
    Ikea is looking for someone who is willing to start building a career through them, so they want to make sure you're comfortable with the hours you choose. Really consider how much time you will have to come to work before you make your decision. If you're going to school or have family obligations, make sure you are very clear with the times you will be available. Ikea is highly supportive of your life outside the workplace, so they want to make sure you can schedule your time wisely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stoughton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IKEA.

This is my one complaint. The hiring process was so incredibly drawn out. I applied in late March/early April of 2009, was interviewed in May and I didn't start work until June. And this was to semi-urgently fill the vacant position. The interview process itself was decent, you go into a cozy little room decorated and outfitted with Ikea furniture (naturally) the interviewers were friendly, they ask thought-provoking questions, and sometimes you may be asked to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any specific questions. They weren't humdingers like Google has, but they do require you to think.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA.

I filled out an online application about a week before I got a call from one of the managers. He asked me to come in for an interview that next day. I went in and filled out another paper application form. I was interviewed by a manager in the bath section who wanted to hire me in his area (keep in mind I have no experience in that area whatsoever). The interview took about an hour, maybe longer including filling out the paper application. He told me he would call me by that next week and that he's planning to hire around memorial day(3 weeks away), but instead I got a call the next day to do some more paperwork and then to start me off in the next couple of days. I took the drug test during my interview as well, it was a saliva drug test, nothing that difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you have a saved money for a company you have worked for?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you have had to deal with multiple things at one time   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you have had to do something that you had little or no experience or training in   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Chester, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA in May 2013.

Filled out the application on line. About a week later, I was given a call by one of the managers at Ikea. He asked me to come in for an interview that next day. When I showed up, I was asked to fill out a paper application as well. He called me back and it was the basic interviews questions. I ended up doing a drug test then and there. It was a saliva drug test, so nothing too difficult. He told me he would give me a call in a week and that he was hiring for the end of may(3 weeks from then). I got a call the next day from a lady in HR and asked me to come in that Monday to fill out more paperwork and to start on Tuesday instead. They have two days of orientation, and it really gets you use to their values and their store policies. It also helps you get use to their store a little better since it is HUGE.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Ikea?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you have saved money for a company that you worked for?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA in May 2012.

Apply from web.
    Get the interview.
    30 minitue process with my prospective manager.
    respond by phone.
    Background check. Drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA in March 2011.

I applied for the position online on the IKEA website. I was then contacted by phone for a phone interview. After the phone interview, we set up an interview at the store. My interview went very smoothly. I met with an employee in HR, and two managers, one who was managing the department I was applying for. They were all very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • It's hard to remember, but I believe that a difficult question that I was asked was what I expected to accomplish in this job. At IKEA, people move up the ladder, and there are many positions available to contribute to at this company. I am a student working towards a degree, so I didn't think I would be working there for long, but for someone who sees this as a career, it's very tangible and lucrative as long as you work hard and take all of the training classes offered.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate anything, because this was retail and an hourly wage, I accepted the base pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at IKEA in April 2009.

The process was not very long for me, but I have had other co workers say that it is a long process that can sometimes take weeks to finish. The process of interviewing is somewhat old and out dated

Interview Questions
    • There werent really any difficult questions. It is a basic job and does not require an in depth interview   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at IKEA in June 2011.

First step is online questions. Second is a phone call interview. Third step is a group interview. You are asked to interview the person next to you. Then you are asked to stand up and speak about that person. The next part is in your group you must review an item and figure out its purpose. Then decide who will speak about the product and present the product. After that you are chosen by a manager for an interview. You then receive a call as to whether or not you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions standard questions in interview.   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!