IKEA Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA in July 2012.

I applied almost less than a month ago and then last week got a phone call for a phone interview, missed it and called back, they didn't call for the rest of the day. They called again the next day, I missed it again and then called back, no call for the rest of the day. Finally they called back on the third day and I was able to answer the phone. I guess that they work on their own time. I did the phone interview and it was okay, I felt kind of weird after. This past week I got an email and a phone call for an in person interview. I went in today and it was typical questions for a retail position, but they had me do a written application, then interviewed, then gave me the job description and walked out, walked back in and said that they wanted to move forward. I guess that meant that I got the job because I filled out a background check form and agreed to do a drug test, which I haven't done... I think that the background check is done first.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was too difficult or unexpected... but do your homework... part of the first question that they asked me was what I knew about IKEA.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in June 2009.

The call was made early in the morning and when I didn't answer they left a message. When I called back later on around noon no one would answer and I mad to leave a message. I would call back every couple days but every time no one would answer. I finally received an email saying the position I applied for was filled.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

filled an online application. Got a call after 1 month to come in for the interview with the department manager. After the interview, i was asked to come back for a second interview with the team leader and also asked for references. 1 week later later, got a job offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in March 2012.

Innterview was comfortable, usual qestions. Had to follow up with manager aggrassively to get start date etc after offer was made. Good training, felt competent when it was "show time"

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. If youve ever worked in retail, youve been asked the same stuff.   Answer Question
    N/A

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in April 2012.

There was a job fair and I waited over an hour in line for turn to get my interview. The person who interviewed me was really nice and polite. She asked basic interview questions (Why do you want to work here? What motivates you?) which were all printed on a sheet of paper.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something unique about yourself that would be an asset to IKEA   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IKEA in December 2010.

Contact for a quick phone interview. Pass that, come in for 1:1 with department manager; if you get a 2nd interview on the spot, you're considered. If you're given a drug test form to complete after the interviews, and you pass, you're more than likely considered.

Interview Questions
    • What were your best retail experiences up to the date (of the interview)?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in April 2009.

Lots of typical interview questions, personality questions, situations and your way of handling them...

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IKEA in October 2009.

A group interview that involved games and puzzles. Then later a 1 on 1 interview

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IKEA in May 2010.

First I got a call from the Ikea HR office, had a phone interview that lasted for 45 minutes. Than I was invited for in-store interview. Had 2 interviews that day. They asked me simple questions mostly about my previous experience. After couple weeks I was offered a position!

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in June 2008.

I had to first attend a group interview which began with a icebreaker, one of those games where you have to throw and catch a ball. This was then followed by a tour of the store to give you an idea of what department you might like to work in. I was then interviewed by I think it was the store manager, it was quite short but lots of normal interview questions 'what three words would you use to describe yourself'.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected really, just the usual ones. Tell me about yourself, describe yur history etc   Answer Question