IKEA

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IKEA in March 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online, was then called about 4 days later for a phone interview..i was asked generic questions about times i had to work with difficult people..etc

was invited to a hiring event, with a bunch of people, was interviewed and offered a job on the stop

came back 2 days later for the on-site drug test(oral swab)

Interview Question – name a time when you had to work with someone you didnt like   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email, phone interview, went in for a group interview, and was called back for training.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation it was an hourly retail position.

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in June 2011.

Interview Details – Great work culture, always something to do, managers are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Interview Question – Customers will come up with anything to get you to lift and get there items for them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ya they make ou take a drug test and talk about your recent job history

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview with about 12 people. First we went around the room and were asked to share our work experience, then what we knew about the company and had to pick our favourite values from a list of IKEA's values provided and share with the group. Then we had to sell a product they gave us.

Interview Question – 2 questions asked as a group:
1. How do you deal with team members who don't do their part
2. How do you balance more than 1 customer at a time
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details – it was 30 mins interview. mostly behavioral questions

Interview Question – why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at IKEA

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IKEA Self Serve Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by IKEA employees and interview candidates.