IKEA

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IKEA in March 2011.

Interview Details – Positive perception of people, office, and work environment. Two interviews needed.

Interview Question – How do you plan to drive sales in (x) department?   Answer Question

Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IKEA in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was fairly simple. First, was a phone interview that lasted only 15 minutes. There was then an in person interview with two team leaders. The in person interview is basically to see if you would get along with the person training you. They then call you about the job offer and set up a date to take a mouth swap drug test. I've heard that HR has not been responding to applicants recently.

Interview Question – The questions were basic interview questions, nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO

Very Easy Interview

Hicksville, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details – The hiring process is terribly wrong. It's starts with a phone screen after you apply about values near and dear to IKEA. Previous job experience. Then if your selected it goes to the store level for a secondary phone screen and if accepted again, 2-3 interviews are conducted by various managers, usually an department manager, then possibly an HR rep or another manager in the building.

Interview Question – Which of these IKEA values best represents you?   View Answer

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IKEA in September 2011.

Interview Details – The first step is to apply online. After the online application a corporate recruiter will contact you for an initial phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited in for a face to face interview. After the first interview I had a phone interview with the service office. After the phone interview I went back for an on site group interview. I then went in to receive my offer and take a drug test.

Interview Questions

Malmö, Skåne (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IKEA in February 2010.

Interview Details – Since I was already working at the department the whole interview process was a bit informal. Unfortunately this also means that it takes longer time than it would usually do.

Negotiation Details – Carefully consider if you can afford your life on IKEAs low salary. I have the responsibility for 20 co-workers but I earn about 3-4k SEK less than an ordinary full time co-worker.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!