IKEA Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Takes a little time. Had a interview with manager, HR, and Store manager. Also did phone interviews with the service office and manager. A long process but well worth it.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty straight forward. None that were too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Got more than asked for.

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IKEA (Savannah, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple. First, was a phone interview that lasted only 15 minutes. There was then an in person interview with two team leaders. The in person interview is basically to see if you would get along with the person training you. They then call you about the job offer and set up a date to take a mouth swap drug test. I've heard that HR has not been responding to applicants recently.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic interview questions, nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Hicksville, NY).

Interview

The hiring process is terribly wrong. It's starts with a phone screen after you apply about values near and dear to IKEA. Previous job experience. Then if your selected it goes to the store level for a secondary phone screen and if accepted again, 2-3 interviews are conducted by various managers, usually an department manager, then possibly an HR rep or another manager in the building.

Interview Questions

• Which of these IKEA values best represents you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IKEA (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Positive perception of people, office, and work environment. Two interviews needed.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Cincinnati, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

Took 5 weeks. Had 4 interviews. Questions weren't too difficult, they need to see if you are a culture fit for the company. Had a phone screen, then face to face with the manager and store manager. Then once again with the manager. Overall process was to be expected.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of what thought goes into creating a menu offer for the restaurant.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IKEA in September 2011.

Interview

The first step is to apply online. After the online application a corporate recruiter will contact you for an initial phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited in for a face to face interview. After the first interview I had a phone interview with the service office. After the phone interview I went back for an on site group interview. I then went in to receive my offer and take a drug test.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malmö, Skåne (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IKEA (Malmö, Skåne (Sweden)) in February 2010.

Interview

Since I was already working at the department the whole interview process was a bit informal. Unfortunately this also means that it takes longer time than it would usually do.

Negotiation

Carefully consider if you can afford your life on IKEAs low salary. I have the responsibility for 20 co-workers but I earn about 3-4k SEK less than an ordinary full time co-worker.