IKON

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Norcross, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKON in February 2011.

Interview Details – Received interview shortly after getting employee referral. Was invited to a "Recruiting Event" and then offered the job 2 days later. Churn and burn company, high turnover, mostly because the job is horrible. I did not even want to waste 1 day of my life trying to sell a copier.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Worthington, OH

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKON in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had a very smooth and pleasent interview experience with IKON. I was contacted by their recruiter and set up a time to speak with her about the position, IKON/Ricoh, and talked about my experiences. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and I learned a lot about the position (looking for new college grads).

I got a call back about a week later to set up a face-to-face interview with the 2 sales team managers that consisted of all behavioral type questions because it is an outside sales role. At this time, they currently were not hiring, but are looking to fill the position ASAP as soon as someone gets promoted. Both individuals I met with were extremely friendly and professional. Definitely a good company to get involved with.

Interview Questions

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKON in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a very nice recruiter who did the initial screening of my qualifications and provided more information about the position. She recommended me and forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. Several days later, the hiring manager contacted me to schedule an interview that Friday. I sent an email confirming that I was available Friday to be interviewed. Friday came and went without an interview. The hiring manager did not reply with time and location of the interview.

On Monday, I followed up with the hiring manager and he apologized for not getting back to me. We scheduled an interview the next day. The 1:1 interview went extremely well. The hiring manager was open and honest about the position and his expectations. The interview lasted 2 hours. The next day, I was asked to come back to meet with the hiring manager's boss, the Director of Sales, who I thought was very sharp, smart, well-organized, and an amazing person to lead a sales division. He was decisive and knew exactly the kind of person who would be successful on his team. This interview lasted 30 minutes.

I was then asked to do a "ride day" with a current AE to get a first hand feel for the job. The next day, I spent 8 hours (unpaid) in the field with a rep who showed me the ropes and answered every question I had. This rep was open, honest, friendly and had an incredible work ethic.

I was then asked to come in for a fourth interview with the General Manager. However, I withdrew my application. After the day in the field, I knew this was the wrong job for me. The job involves canvassing, going door-to-door to find leads in your territory. Other negatives were that Ikon did not reimburse for necessary expenses such as your monthly cell phone bill to contact customers, mileage, gas, parking expenses, home Internet which is necessary to contact customers and access company data from home before customer meetings. If you have a territory where parking is $20 per day, you must be prepared to pay without reimbursement. Ikon does provide AEs $200 per month for expenses but after taxes, I knew it would not be enough to cover gas for the month. This position requires lots of driving and wear on your vehicle but those expenses are not reimbursed. Also, the salary was uncompetitive compared to other companies even in this economy. In fact, I thought the salary was too low to meet ordinary living expenses and I could possibly find myself losing money to meet the added expenses of having that job.

Overall, I was impressed with the people and think this would have been a good company to work for had the salary been competitive and reimbursement for necessary sales expenses were included. Ikon has a great training program to get new sales reps up to speed. I think people new to sales would benefit from that training.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you and why Ikon?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IKON in January 2009.

Interview Details – the round-table interview process ikon employs is simply wrong, if you seem brighter than anyone in the room then it becomes a firing squad (not good if you need a job)! If they see you can be a sheep, drink the kool-aid & fall in line then you are in good shape. I'm not sure what the success rate is in other offices but in NY, this group seems to be the worst judges of talent in the game! So that said, good luck to all of those looking to interview here, you're gonna need it.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at IKON in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process started out normal, with a phone interview about a week after I applied to Ikon online. Then I was called in for my first interview and found out after my hour train ride and 25 dollars later that they scheduled two people at the same time for the same interview. Because of this, I then met with the same HR rep who I had my phone interview with to not completely waste my time and basically had the exact same interview as the one on the phone. They asked me to come back for another interview and again I was given the run around. I interviewed with the office sales manager who said he only had time for a quick interview but would love for me to come back for a in depth meeting and said I showed great potential. Two weeks later after not hearing anything from them and several emails and phone calls later, I finally was able to set up the third meeting. At this point I was supposed to meet other members of management, as well as the sales manger whom I previously met with, and then move on to the final step of the interview process which was the panel interview. This interview, which was scheduled for 10 am but didn't start till 11:30, lasted about an hour and left me with a great feeling, again after being told I had a lot of promise and that I could have been a great fit within the company. However the other managers were not available at the time, so he told me he wanted me to come back within the week, as he wanted to complete the process as soon as possible. Two weeks later of trying to track him down, I was finally able to set up the third interview. The Business manager who I was scheduled to meet gave me about 15 minutes of her time and then said again I was a great fit and wanted to schedule a "ride along" where i would shadow a account manager for the day to make sure I thought ikon was a good fit for me. Again, I left this meeting with a great feeling and thought I had a great shot of landing this position. Today, six weeks later I have given up trying to track someone down and receive and answer. I can deal with the rejection, but I would at least expect the common decency of an letter or an email saying that the position has been filled. Maybe I was not who they wanted, but just telling me after the second interview that we would not have worked out would have saved me a lot of time, stress, and most importantly a 100 dollars worth of train rides. The warning signs were there from the begging and should have listened to them.

Interview Question – How would you learn about prospective clients in your new territory?   View Answer

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IKON in July 2007.

Interview Details – IKON uses a three interview process. Your first interview is with a recruiter, second with the sales manager,
and third is with the area sales manager. The first interview is more of a background interview, but your second really is more of a selling skills and you need ot make sure you are on your game. If you get to third just make sure you are confident in your skills and you should receive an offer.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were not able to support a customer and how you handled this.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Providence, RI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IKON in June 2007.

Interview Details – It took a little longer than I expected. I had my phone interview and because I had experience in the field they made a sales manager interview the next day. From there I met with a Director of Sales two days later. From there they made it known I was going to be hired. However it took the recruiter 30 days from there to schedule the drug test and get an offer letter. DOS was informitive and the boss I interviewed was great.

Interview Question – They asked me to be a customer to give a elevator pitch for IKON. He expected I did my homework on IKON   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate. I had 3 years sales experience 2 in the same vertical market. Consider what you need to make year one with no experience and ask to see your territory. See what your first 18 months would bring in for lease expirations

Account Executive

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at IKON in February 2010.

Interview Details – My position was eliminated and I was then offered whether I wanted to move to an account executive.

Interview Question – Was I willing to go to a lower base salary   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Base pay and location, due to the depressed economy I felt I had a better chance of improving my income in another Los Angeles geographic area.

Account Executive

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKON in December 2010.

Interview Details – The process was fairly simple and consisted of writing out answers to a series of questions, a phone interview with an IKON recruiter, and then a 1 on 1 interview with the Sales Manager. There were not a lot of questions asked, more of a conversational type interview process. Just remember to close for the job if interview is for a sales position.

Interview Question – What do you know about IKON- Ricoh?   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKON in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very straight forward process, excellent communication, wonderful training program and great opportunity to move forward with a solid company.

Interview Question – Please tell me how you will close a sale to win the business if you are going in with higher pricing then our competitor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotitation on the offer it is set on quota

Worked for IKON? Contribute to the Community!