IKON

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Service Manager Interview

Field Service Manager

Interviewed at IKON

Interview Details – Promoted from within, internal app, interview, was previously a Field Technician and Lead Technician.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected, in those days we were hired base on our experience and track record and how well we could lead.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Accounts Receivable

Interviewed at IKON

Interview Details – There is a test that you have to take, as well as several interviews. Depending on the department that you are going to, you will be interviewed by a group of managers.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate salary

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IKON in November 2008.

Interview Details – Met with the Regional Director and Regional VP in one day. Lucky coincidence that both were in the office, since the RVP home office is about four hours away. One follow interview with a former Regional Director (now lead trainer). Offer made at the third meeting (with Regional Director)

Negotiation Details – I was able to increase the base salary by $5,000 and extend the ramp period from 6 months to 9 months

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service - Second Tier Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKON in March 2012.

Interview Details – on-line application, followed by instant phone interview with a few questions about your previous job, then an on site panel interview with 10 or more questions that are based on specific experiences from your last job. such as " Give an example of a mistake you made, how you handled it, and what you learned from it".

Norcross, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKON in February 2011.

Interview Details – Received interview shortly after getting employee referral. Was invited to a "Recruiting Event" and then offered the job 2 days later. Churn and burn company, high turnover, mostly because the job is horrible. I did not even want to waste 1 day of my life trying to sell a copier.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Printer Tech Interview

Somers Point, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IKON in January 2012.

Interview Details – Short interview. Required detail amount that you were looking to make

Interview Question – Compensation required   Answer Question

Account Manager 3-Legal Document Services Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKON in April 2009.

Interview Details – My interview process was a little different because I already knew the Sales Manager whom I had worked with at another company. The interviews are pretty standard but once you are hired plan on spending about 4-6 months in training in order to understand the product offerings. I worked in the Legal Document Services division and not in the Copier division which IKON is mostly know for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be successful working with IKON?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, describe the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Every companies salary is negotiable if they really want to hire you

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at IKON in October 2009.

Interview Details – Dress for success, Mailroom, Shipping, and formal employees that worked for Kinko's is plus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Know what you are worth as far as salary and for your experience.

Worthington, OH

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKON in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had a very smooth and pleasent interview experience with IKON. I was contacted by their recruiter and set up a time to speak with her about the position, IKON/Ricoh, and talked about my experiences. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and I learned a lot about the position (looking for new college grads).

I got a call back about a week later to set up a face-to-face interview with the 2 sales team managers that consisted of all behavioral type questions because it is an outside sales role. At this time, they currently were not hiring, but are looking to fill the position ASAP as soon as someone gets promoted. Both individuals I met with were extremely friendly and professional. Definitely a good company to get involved with.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKON in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a very nice recruiter who did the initial screening of my qualifications and provided more information about the position. She recommended me and forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. Several days later, the hiring manager contacted me to schedule an interview that Friday. I sent an email confirming that I was available Friday to be interviewed. Friday came and went without an interview. The hiring manager did not reply with time and location of the interview.

On Monday, I followed up with the hiring manager and he apologized for not getting back to me. We scheduled an interview the next day. The 1:1 interview went extremely well. The hiring manager was open and honest about the position and his expectations. The interview lasted 2 hours. The next day, I was asked to come back to meet with the hiring manager's boss, the Director of Sales, who I thought was very sharp, smart, well-organized, and an amazing person to lead a sales division. He was decisive and knew exactly the kind of person who would be successful on his team. This interview lasted 30 minutes.

I was then asked to do a "ride day" with a current AE to get a first hand feel for the job. The next day, I spent 8 hours (unpaid) in the field with a rep who showed me the ropes and answered every question I had. This rep was open, honest, friendly and had an incredible work ethic.

I was then asked to come in for a fourth interview with the General Manager. However, I withdrew my application. After the day in the field, I knew this was the wrong job for me. The job involves canvassing, going door-to-door to find leads in your territory. Other negatives were that Ikon did not reimburse for necessary expenses such as your monthly cell phone bill to contact customers, mileage, gas, parking expenses, home Internet which is necessary to contact customers and access company data from home before customer meetings. If you have a territory where parking is $20 per day, you must be prepared to pay without reimbursement. Ikon does provide AEs $200 per month for expenses but after taxes, I knew it would not be enough to cover gas for the month. This position requires lots of driving and wear on your vehicle but those expenses are not reimbursed. Also, the salary was uncompetitive compared to other companies even in this economy. In fact, I thought the salary was too low to meet ordinary living expenses and I could possibly find myself losing money to meet the added expenses of having that job.

Overall, I was impressed with the people and think this would have been a good company to work for had the salary been competitive and reimbursement for necessary sales expenses were included. Ikon has a great training program to get new sales reps up to speed. I think people new to sales would benefit from that training.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you and why Ikon?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for IKON? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IKON interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by IKON employees and interview candidates.