IKON Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014
Updated Jun 18, 2014

2.7

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IKON.

OK...usual questions. HR interview and then group and 1-1 interview. Met the team applying job for. Questions and discussions pretty much on line with job application. Communication and emails were handled in timely manner

Field Service Manager Interview

Promoted from within, internal app, interview, was previously a Field Technician and Lead Technician.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected, in those days we were hired base on our experience and track record and how well we could lead.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

There is a test that you have to take, as well as several interviews. Depending on the department that you are going to, you will be interviewed by a group of managers.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate salary

Customer Service - Second Tier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKON in March 2012.

on-line application, followed by instant phone interview with a few questions about your previous job, then an on site panel interview with 10 or more questions that are based on specific experiences from your last job. such as " Give an example of a mistake you made, how you handled it, and what you learned from it".

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you made on a job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What would your former boss say about you generally?   Answer Question

Printer Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somers Point, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers Point, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at IKON in January 2012.

Short interview. Required detail amount that you were looking to make

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worthington, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthington, OH

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKON in August 2011.

I had a very smooth and pleasent interview experience with IKON. I was contacted by their recruiter and set up a time to speak with her about the position, IKON/Ricoh, and talked about my experiences. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and I learned a lot about the position (looking for new college grads).

I got a call back about a week later to set up a face-to-face interview with the 2 sales team managers that consisted of all behavioral type questions because it is an outside sales role. At this time, they currently were not hiring, but are looking to fill the position ASAP as soon as someone gets promoted. Both individuals I met with were extremely friendly and professional. Definitely a good company to get involved with.

Production Print Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at IKON in May 2011.

InterviewI was conversational and was easily put at ease. Nothing unusual simply a review of experineces and trainings

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKON in April 2011.

I was contacted by a very nice recruiter who did the initial screening of my qualifications and provided more information about the position. She recommended me and forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. Several days later, the hiring manager contacted me to schedule an interview that Friday. I sent an email confirming that I was available Friday to be interviewed. Friday came and went without an interview. The hiring manager did not reply with time and location of the interview.

On Monday, I followed up with the hiring manager and he apologized for not getting back to me. We scheduled an interview the next day. The 1:1 interview went extremely well. The hiring manager was open and honest about the position and his expectations. The interview lasted 2 hours. The next day, I was asked to come back to meet with the hiring manager's boss, the Director of Sales, who I thought was very sharp, smart, well-organized, and an amazing person to lead a sales division. He was decisive and knew exactly the kind of person who would be successful on his team. This interview lasted 30 minutes.

I was then asked to do a "ride day" with a current AE to get a first hand feel for the job. The next day, I spent 8 hours (unpaid) in the field with a rep who showed me the ropes and answered every question I had. This rep was open, honest, friendly and had an incredible work ethic.

I was then asked to come in for a fourth interview with the General Manager. However, I withdrew my application. After the day in the field, I knew this was the wrong job for me. The job involves canvassing, going door-to-door to find leads in your territory. Other negatives were that Ikon did not reimburse for necessary expenses such as your monthly cell phone bill to contact customers, mileage, gas, parking expenses, home Internet which is necessary to contact customers and access company data from home before customer meetings. If you have a territory where parking is $20 per day, you must be prepared to pay without reimbursement. Ikon does provide AEs $200 per month for expenses but after taxes, I knew it would not be enough to cover gas for the month. This position requires lots of driving and wear on your vehicle but those expenses are not reimbursed. Also, the salary was uncompetitive compared to other companies even in this economy. In fact, I thought the salary was too low to meet ordinary living expenses and I could possibly find myself losing money to meet the added expenses of having that job.

Overall, I was impressed with the people and think this would have been a good company to work for had the salary been competitive and reimbursement for necessary sales expenses were included. Ikon has a great training program to get new sales reps up to speed. I think people new to sales would benefit from that training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKON in February 2011.

Received interview shortly after getting employee referral. Was invited to a "Recruiting Event" and then offered the job 2 days later. Churn and burn company, high turnover, mostly because the job is horrible. I did not even want to waste 1 day of my life trying to sell a copier.

Office Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at IKON in January 2011.

A very average interview and lasted about 30 minutes. The whole bottom line here, nepotism, nepotism, nepotism.

I am not for or against nepotism. They hired a relative of an employee. They interviewed about 10 people and did not go with any of them. The requirements of the position were not so specific that no one would be able to fill it. If you are going to do this, then do not waste the time of others when you know very well who you are going to bring in and that you have to fulfill some kind of formality process.

Interview Questions

Worked for IKON? Contribute to the Community!