IKON Interview Questions

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IKON in April 2010.

Initially contacted by internal recruiter and had subsequent phone interview with him. Then met 1:1 with General Manager, VP of Sales and Sales Director. According to recruiter interviews went well. Then had no contact for 60 days. Even the internal recruiter was unable to get any information. I later found out they had promoted an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about face to face meetings vs cold calling on the phone   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at IKON in October 2009.

The interview process started out normal, with a phone interview about a week after I applied to Ikon online. Then I was called in for my first interview and found out after my hour train ride and 25 dollars later that they scheduled two people at the same time for the same interview. Because of this, I then met with the same HR rep who I had my phone interview with to not completely waste my time and basically had the exact same interview as the one on the phone. They asked me to come back for another interview and again I was given the run around. I interviewed with the office sales manager who said he only had time for a quick interview but would love for me to come back for a in depth meeting and said I showed great potential. Two weeks later after not hearing anything from them and several emails and phone calls later, I finally was able to set up the third meeting. At this point I was supposed to meet other members of management, as well as the sales manger whom I previously met with, and then move on to the final step of the interview process which was the panel interview. This interview, which was scheduled for 10 am but didn't start till 11:30, lasted about an hour and left me with a great feeling, again after being told I had a lot of promise and that I could have been a great fit within the company. However the other managers were not available at the time, so he told me he wanted me to come back within the week, as he wanted to complete the process as soon as possible. Two weeks later of trying to track him down, I was finally able to set up the third interview. The Business manager who I was scheduled to meet gave me about 15 minutes of her time and then said again I was a great fit and wanted to schedule a "ride along" where i would shadow a account manager for the day to make sure I thought ikon was a good fit for me. Again, I left this meeting with a great feeling and thought I had a great shot of landing this position. Today, six weeks later I have given up trying to track someone down and receive and answer. I can deal with the rejection, but I would at least expect the common decency of an letter or an email saying that the position has been filled. Maybe I was not who they wanted, but just telling me after the second interview that we would not have worked out would have saved me a lot of time, stress, and most importantly a 100 dollars worth of train rides. The warning signs were there from the begging and should have listened to them.

Interview Questions
    • How would you learn about prospective clients in your new territory?   View Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at IKON in October 2009.

Dress for success, Mailroom, Shipping, and formal employees that worked for Kinko's is plus.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that really gets you mad? discuss the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    Know what you are worth as far as salary and for your experience.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at IKON in May 2009.

I was called in because a job recruiter had called me about this position, which I expected to be for physically repairing office equiment, but it turned out that they were looking to fill a Help Desk role. I am competent in both areas, and I had displayed my competence very well (if I do say so myself). I assumed the role would be mine based on the interview, but they never called me back. Neither did the recruiter, despite multiple phone calls to her.

On-Site Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IKON in April 2009.

Very Simple, very informative, and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    ask for a higher hourly wage

Account Manager 3-Legal Document Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKON in April 2009.

My interview process was a little different because I already knew the Sales Manager whom I had worked with at another company. The interviews are pretty standard but once you are hired plan on spending about 4-6 months in training in order to understand the product offerings. I worked in the Legal Document Services division and not in the Copier division which IKON is mostly know for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be successful working with IKON?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, describe the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Every companies salary is negotiable if they really want to hire you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IKON in January 2009.

the round-table interview process ikon employs is simply wrong, if you seem brighter than anyone in the room then it becomes a firing squad (not good if you need a job)! If they see you can be a sheep, drink the kool-aid & fall in line then you are in good shape. I'm not sure what the success rate is in other offices but in NY, this group seems to be the worst judges of talent in the game! So that said, good luck to all of those looking to interview here, you're gonna need it.

Na Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IKON in January 2009.

Fairly easy, recruiter searched and found me, brought me in and I got the job.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IKON in November 2008.

Met with the Regional Director and Regional VP in one day. Lucky coincidence that both were in the office, since the RVP home office is about four hours away. One follow interview with a former Regional Director (now lead trainer). Offer made at the third meeting (with Regional Director)

I was able to increase the base salary by $5,000 and extend the ramp period from 6 months to 9 months

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IKON in July 2007.

IKON uses a three interview process. Your first interview is with a recruiter, second with the sales manager,
    and third is with the area sales manager. The first interview is more of a background interview, but your second really is more of a selling skills and you need ot make sure you are on your game. If you get to third just make sure you are confident in your skills and you should receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were not able to support a customer and how you handled this.   Answer Question