IKON Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKON (Providence, RI) in June 2007.

Interview

It took a little longer than I expected. I had my phone interview and because I had experience in the field they made a sales manager interview the next day. From there I met with a Director of Sales two days later. From there they made it known I was going to be hired. However it took the recruiter 30 days from there to schedule the drug test and get an offer letter. DOS was informitive and the boss I interviewed was great.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to be a customer to give a elevator pitch for IKON. He expected I did my homework on IKON   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I had 3 years sales experience 2 in the same vertical market. Consider what you need to make year one with no experience and ask to see your territory. See what your first 18 months would bring in for lease expirations

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IKON (Wichita, KS) in January 2007.

Interview

covered previous sales reports, business plan for open territory, existing customer references, AVP/DOS recommendation. first interview was with the recruiter, then area HR manager, the local sales manager then area DOS. offer was given after passing the drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• What is your strategic plan for executing the growth of business and revenue from potential clients.   Answer Question

AE Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKON in October 2011.

Interview

Laid back initial interview that went suprisingly well. Was scared from the start when the regional manager said that he had been with the company for three years. I think that it was a great opportunity to move up quickly, but it seems as if the turnover rate is high.

Reception Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKON in January 2011.

Interview

I already worked for IKON and had filled in for this position many times. Since I already knew the job it was easy to fill the position when it opened.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKON in December 2010.

Interview

The process was fairly simple and consisted of writing out answers to a series of questions, a phone interview with an IKON recruiter, and then a 1 on 1 interview with the Sales Manager. There were not a lot of questions asked, more of a conversational type interview process. Just remember to close for the job if interview is for a sales position.

COPY OPERATOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IKON in September 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was about 20 minutes with a recuriter. two weeks later i had two sit downs with the manager, her boss, then his boss. I was asked over and over about my managing technique, they had alot of problems on the site and wanted to make sure i would not come down too heavy.They were not prepared and i waited 30 minutes. I heard more what was wrong with the site then i did about my responsibilites. The manager has since left. Her staff was and is running amock. She has since left.

I would have taken a cut in pay.

Strategic Account Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IKON (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring and Interview process was fine. I met with several managers and the HR lady. I was introduced to many different people in different rolls so I was exposed to the various kinds of jobs and personalities.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question...."What would you do if your male boss was saying and doing inappropriate things with a female employee?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase as I had everything explained to me concerning compensation, benefits, holidays, stock plan prior to being hired.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKON in February 2010.

Interview

My position was eliminated and I was then offered whether I wanted to move to an account executive.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to go to a lower base salary   1 Answer

Base pay and location, due to the depressed economy I felt I had a better chance of improving my income in another Los Angeles geographic area.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKON in January 2010.

Interview

Very straight forward process, excellent communication, wonderful training program and great opportunity to move forward with a solid company.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me how you will close a sale to win the business if you are going in with higher pricing then our competitor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotitation on the offer it is set on quota

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IKON in December 2009.

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter who seemed to be very excited for the opportunity to interview me since my background and qualifications well exceeded those required for the position. The recruiter set up an interview with a local hiring manager for a few days later. The day before the interview I was called and asked to reschedule for a time several hours later in the day, which was no problem, but an inconvenience since I had to rearrange my schedule. When I arrived at the office I checked in with the receptionist and nearly an hour later the female manager came out to "interview" me. The interview took place in a conference room adjacent to the lobby with all glass walls and doors providing dozens of distractions for the interviewer. The interviewer began to ask me questions, barely making eye contact since she was busy texting/emailing on her phone. At one point she picked up a call during my response to one of her questions. The entire time she was extremely rude and chose to talk about her rapid rise to power and career path rather than discuss my experience. She was clearly very impressed with herself. During this time, employees would walk by and she would wave them in to speak with them during the interview. After a few questions she told me she was extremely busy and had to make a call. She left the room for about twenty minutes and another female manager came in and asked me a few different questions but had no clue about my background so the questions were very general. Eventually the initial manager came back, the current manager left and there was no conversation about what was just discussed. I felt like the second manager was just a babysitter! This whole ordeal made me very anxious, offended, and irritated with how rude this woman was being and turned me off from this company entirely. At the end of the interview the interviewer had the nerve to tell me she wished I were more "excited" about the opportunity. I was excited and would still be if I were given the chance to actually participate in a real interview and not be constantly and rudely interrupted. I mean, you could hardly call this an interview. I understand that this was a busy time, but the ball was in her court when making the interview appointment- it could've been rescheduled again for a less busy time. Needless to say I wasn't offered the job, but I wouldn't have taken it if offered anyway. I can't imagine what it must be like to work for that woman!