ILA Vietnam

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

ESL Teacher Interview

ESL Teacher

I applied online and interviewed at ILA Vietnam.

Interview Details – To get the interview I had to submit my resume (CV) to their website. After waiting for several weeks I was contacted by someone in HR and we agreed to set up a time for an interview. The interview was fairly standard, but they did ask me to include a picture with my resume and what age groups I was willing to work as well as my preference in location.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

ESL Teacher
Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ILA Vietnam in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview itself was very brief and informal. Since I had taken my CELTA course at ILA, it felt a bit like I already had the job even before the interview and would have had to say something pretty stupid to screw it up. Since a good portion of new CELTA grads usually want to work for ILA, the school gets its pick of the top candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiating. ILA's pay scale is based on your prior teaching experience. You move up the pay scale by regularly attending development workshops and teaching for a year or more, getting your DELTA or CELTYL.

Worked for ILA Vietnam? Contribute to the Community!