ILA Vietnam ESL Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at ILA Vietnam

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Very professional although informal, was an excellent impression for the company. I can not fault the interview in any way at all. Joanna Oxley was a fantastic asset to ILA and it is a shame she is no longer there.She answered all of my questions fully and was so helpful and kind. She is a very skilled interviewer in making the interviewee feel at ease and bringing out the best in them. She will be very successful wherever she goes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Talk me through your teaching experience (ages, styles, skills) When can you start ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ILA Vietnam

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam.

Interview

To get the interview I had to submit my resume (CV) to their website. After waiting for several weeks I was contacted by someone in HR and we agreed to set up a time for an interview. The interview was fairly standard, but they did ask me to include a picture with my resume and what age groups I was willing to work as well as my preference in location.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview itself was very brief and informal. Since I had taken my CELTA course at ILA, it felt a bit like I already had the job even before the interview and would have had to say something pretty stupid to screw it up. Since a good portion of new CELTA grads usually want to work for ILA, the school gets its pick of the top candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiating. ILA's pay scale is based on your prior teaching experience. You move up the pay scale by regularly attending development workshops and teaching for a year or more, getting your DELTA or CELTYL.