IM Flash Technologies

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Engineer Interview

Shift Engineer

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IM Flash Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received a phone call offering an in-person interview. IMFT flew me out for a long weekend. Thursday night was a semi-formal dinner for all the interviewees in which primarily HR personnel discussed the benefits of working at IMFT and discussed the culture. Interviewees were assigned interview times for the next day.

Interviewing was in 4 parts. First interview was short; 1 on 1 with an HR person in which he or she worked to get to you know you better as a person as well as answer any questions you had. Second interview was a technical interview in which you were asked about the NAND Flash tech field as well as any electronics or other relevant information you knew. Third interview was similar to first; it was to get to know you as a person and determine how well you'd fit in with the culture. Final interview was in a small group; interviewees had to collaborate to complete a task. We were observed to see how we communicate with each other and accomplish a task.

Everyone I interacted with was very pleasant. Company is very invested in hiring candidates that align with their core values.

Interview Question – You have 3 pieces of string, which each burns for exactly an hour, but at an indeterminate and inconsistent rate. How can you use these 3 strings (and a lighter) to time exactly 1 hour 45 minutes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, offer was more than I had expected. Benefits were very good.

Diffusion Engineer Technician Interview

Diffusion Engineer Technician

Interviewed at IM Flash Technologies

Interview Details – several phone interviews and one onsite interview. Asked questions about basic electronics knowledge. They seemed mostly concerned with my values and how I'd fit with the company. I'd say to be as honest as possible. They will appreciate that more, and if your not hired because of your honesty well then the job isn't for you.

Interview Question – Name a weakness and how I've overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took their first offer. I'm not sure if they would have negotiated for more. My first annual review yielded a large raise though.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Lehi, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IM Flash Technologies in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interviews were designed to help the interviewee to get to know the company and its culture as well as evaluating the interviewee. There were a couple dinners to get to know HR and management on a more personal level. The interviews focused on how the person has shown the core values in their life and overcome difficult situations. There are also problem solving problems, like brain teasers, to see how the person works through different problems.

Interview Question – There was no one specific question. Many of the questions built off of each other, though. Like if you know about a specific process or piece of equipment, they will ask more about it to see how much you know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. People should negotiate.

Technician Interview

Technician
Lehi, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IM Flash Technologies in September 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple people, mechanical questions and general electronics theory. They took turns with a panel of 6 people that asked basic questions. Overall the interview lasted about 45 minutes with the general "get to know you" questions followed by work experience, some questions verifying my electronics knowledge and culminating in a project to take apart a mechanical assembly.

Interview Question – Given a piece of machinery to disassemble   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offer a certain tag and don't stray from it. They gauge your level by the interview and each level has a set wage they offer with the excuse "that's standard".

Electronics Technician Interview

Electronics Technician
San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IM Flash Technologies.

Interview Details – The interviewers for this company were some of the most professional interviewers I've had the pleasure of interviewing with. They kept it all extremely professional but also didn't make it awkward.
By the questions they asked it was obvious they want to find people with a certain set of values.

Interview Question – Burn 3 1-hour candles for a total of 1 hr 45 min. They all three have to be completely burned up by the end of the 1 hr 45 min.   View Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Manufacturing Technician
Lehi, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IM Flash Technologies in July 2012.

Interview Details – Two Interviews. One phone interview with the hiring manager (Nikki Starr), and one on site. Had to pass an online assessment that took 4 hours.

Interview Question – What are our values?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on the salary, even with multiple years of experience. I tool a pay cut to work here.

Dry Etch Shift Technician Interview

Dry Etch Shift Technician

I applied online and interviewed at IM Flash Technologies.

Interview Details – The hiring interview experience was quite pleasant. All personnel that I was involved with were very professional. It only became obvious after being hired that they were very detached from the rest of the company.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. in fact, due to the high turn over rate of technicians, the interview was very casual and an offer was made on the spot. If you have been job hunting for any length of time this could be very exciting. Depending on the job applying for, beware of a wolf in sheep's clothing.   Answer Question

Engineer (Not Told What Exact Position Was) Interview

Engineer (Not Told What Exact Position Was)
Lehi, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IM Flash Technologies in November 2013.

Interview Details – Dropped of resume at campus fair, had an HR round at the univ & then on-site (2 technical & 1 HR).

Interview Question – I am not an electrical engineer, so had a hard time answering intricacies of floating gate MOSFETs (flash memory), I-V characteristics etc. Rest was easy problem solving type questions.   Answer Question

Shift Process Engineer Interview

Shift Process Engineer
Lehi, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IM Flash Technologies in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired during the initial hiring blitz during fab startup in 2006. I received an initial phone interview. They screened me with basic engineering questions and on my knowledge of engineering principles. On site interview started off with HR manager and asked me basic personality questions. Next went onto an engineering interview panel where more detailed process and personality questions were fielded. Finally, I was interviewed by a senior level engineering manager who proceeded to offer me a job after successful completion of the interview process.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of statistics questions (basic understanding of statistical process control, means, standard deviations, skewed distributions etc.). Electronics or electrical engineering principles (understand Ohm's law etc.).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IM Flash Technologies.

Interview Details – I went to their booth at my universities career fair, got an interview scheduled. Showed up to the interview, the interviewer was very late so they had someone else interview me. I thought it went well was very straight forward. I hear back from them 2 months later saying how they wanted everyone to do some online webcam thing. I didn't bother because I had already accepted another offer. I am sure there would've been many more steps to the interview had I chose to continue.

Interview Question – None it was a straight forward interview   Answer Question

Worked for IM Flash Technologies? Contribute to the Community!