IM Flash Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

3.1

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies (Lehi, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

Did a phone screening, a phone interview and finally a on site interview. I was interviewed by three managers. I was not interviewed for any particular department but for many different departments for the same position. Before the interview I guy from HR gave me a brief tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• They had me look at several SPC graphs asked me what I noticed about each, how the limit values could be changed, what could have caused certain things to happen, etc.   2 Answers
    • Asked about their core values, which was most like me and which one was least like me.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online after a week I got a phone screening, next day I had a phone interview with a recruiter it took about 30mins and I was asked about all previous jobs and expectation about IM flash! I was told they going to give my information to the hiring manager so I hope to for hear back from them! I've no idea how long it will take!

Shift Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies in May 2015.

Interview

I first did a phone screening. Then 2 follow up interviews which were held with with 2 people and myself. They asked me about their values and some basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are our values? What do you know about IM Flash? How does NAND work? Why do you think you would be a good fit?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies (Lehi, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Was selected through an on campus career fair. Directly called for an on site interview. Initially not informed about the position that I was interviewed for. Was initially interviewed by a panel from chemical engineering background. Later was interviewed by product engineers. Had 4 rounds of interview. HR interview was very value based. Interview was more HR and less technical (was asked questions related to the interview only in the last hour of the interview). Technical interview was very thought provoking. Was asked some basic questions,the level of difficulty went on increasing during the later part. Not sure where exactly I went wrong, but thought that we were more keen on hiring process engineers and not product engineers. Advice would be to take the interview seriously only when you are informed about the position you are being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain the working of these circuit? (the panel drew 3-4 circuits on white board) How does its characteristics change with variations? 2. Basic questions of NAND Flash memory. 3. Some questions related to device physics. 4. How to design an SRAM cell? How to ensure its robustness? 5. What are short channel effects? How to mitigate them?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies (Lehi, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through company site. after a phone interview I was brought in town to interview for multiple positions. all of them were NOT senior roles. interviews were fairly normal. the company has 4 core values and i was asked to pick which one i identified with most. I don't believe there was a wrong answer, just seeing what you pick. I was also asked 1 of those ridiculous questions that you usually don't get right. I got it right and they said it was to see how i thought through a problem, but who knows. they asked what my current salary was. Then they made an offer that was 12k less then what that salary was. I suspect they had other candidates in mind that they didn't like as much, but they knew they could get for cheaper.

Interview Questions

• what is more important to you, money, job satisfaction, or location?   2 Answers

Do Not Know Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies (Lehi, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

IM Flash has a very funny way of approaching the roles which is bittersweet. I attended my university's career fair, where I submitted my resume. I received a call a month later, regarding an onsite interview. I asked them the position I was being interviewed for, and they answered saying that IMFT has a unique way of interviews. They do not interview a student for their respective positions but interview in general and if the interviewers like it, they choose the candidate and allocate his role depending on what they find a good fit for him/her. It sounded exciting and I was flown out the next week to Utah. The first day had a dinner get together, where they showed us the facility and spoke about what mattered to them and what they were expecting out of the candidates. The next day we had the interview. We were given time slots for the interviews (3 hours per candidate) and the interview consisted of 3 rounds: 1. Behavioral Interview 2. Technical Interview 3. Team Building Activity After my interview, I am told that I will be let known about the result the following week. I waited the following week, there was nothing. The week later, there was nothing. I sent an email, I did not receive a reply. The week next (3 weeks past the interview) there was nothing, so I call the HR and she says my application is still in process. The fourth week i.e. a month later, there is nothing given. I call the HR on Monday, she says "Oh! How is this possible that you have not received your result?" She tells me that I shall be told that evening, but I don't get anything. I call her on Thursday and she tells that she sent an email (which I did not receive, not even in spam) and I was not selected. I really am keen on working over there, and I have applied again. I am assuming the reason I did not get the position is because I was not interviewed by the proper team. It was a negative experience because the HRs don't respond to emails and sound surprised when let known that they have not given out the result. (My friends received theirs within two weeks). I just feel IM Flash wasted my time. Nonetheless, it is a very good company, I still hope I am interviewed again.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview was conducted by two supervisors (mostly technicians) who asked basic questions. These questions also included why is there a drop in your GPA? How do you differentiate between good and bad competition? How will you react if someone from your team is not performing up to the mark and you have to do all the work? (I was asked if I would tell my supervisor directly, I said NO, owing to the lesson I learnt from my supervisor at work to never rattle out your teammates but speak with them first, the interviewer told me at the end that they tell the supervisor if the teammate is not performing and that is how it works at IMFT.) If you like learning things and are a jack of all trades, it is a negative thing apparently as it was told to me by my interviewer. I told him that I liked learning and it helps me connect different things, but apparently he felt it was wrong and he started questioning me saying how do you know where to set a limit? Why do you have to learn everything? I found it negative from his side because the limit is always set because you are bound by your work, if I am a Computer Science engineer and I want to know how a transistor works, just by knowing it doesn't mean I have majored in electrical engineering. I explained it in a good way and was done with the interview. The technical round consists of three engineer managers, from different teams and totally not related to what my team is. (I am an electrical engineer, and my interviewers were chemical and industrial). I don't understand how it made any sense because when they asked me a question on how memory devices worked and I started explaining them the device physics, it was so awkward. The worst part is that, my friends who got an offer, were all interviewed by the people who belonged to their specialization. All my friends who were interviewed by someone from not their major received a reject. I was asked a question related to statistical process control, a question related to failure analysis, and was also asked what position I'd be interested in. After the interview, I asked for a general feedback, if they had any doubts regarding my abilities. They gave a very honest feedback, which is very rare, and also said that they actually said that I knew my stuff and hinted that I answered their questions perfectly.   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies (Lehi, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Very long interview process. First got a phone call saying they were interested. Then had to do an online interview. After that I took a skills assessment test which took three hours. Then I had to do an on-site interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies (Lehi, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I had video interview at first. Then I got opportunity for onsite interview. The questions were basically related to mosfet. Study in complete detail about mosfet and nand flash technology.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies (Lehi, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

There are several interviews that I went through. The first was a technical interview, the second a personality interview, and the last was a group interview. Overall the interview process wasn't overbearing and seemed to benefit both sides in learning more about each other. They are a very open company and expect you to know something about their company before you arrive. Research the company and the technology behind their product before going to an interview. It will be well worth the time you spend.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question requiring me to think outside of the box.   1 Answer

Process Improvement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IM Flash Technologies.

Interview

From start to finish it was a quick process for such a large company, 3 weeks. It was a very thorough interview, with some technical lean/process improvement questions, but they were very OK if you told them you were not familiar with some term. They had a few basic situational questions but they were more focused on knowledge based questions. However, I say I was not familiar with one term and that led to a great discussion on processes. It was in a panel of about 5 people. Two of them being potential managers. Overall, I was very pleased with the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you think Takt time would be important to this company and how have you used Takt time in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I really didn't negotiate much. I wanted the internship so I just accepted. It was only a three month gig.