IMAX Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Vice President - Investor Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMAX (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a 20 minute screening interview with a Director in Human Resources. The Director showed little understanding of what the functional aspects of the job were and what would qualify someone for the position or make them good at it. The person was reading questions off a list. They were clearly just looking for someone who had done the exact same job at a competitor (no sense for functional job requirements, only job description).

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the requirements of this job? Have you done this job before at another public company?   Answer Question

Film Distribution Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMAX (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred by the VP in the department for an entry level interview. I skipped the HR interview and went straight to the interview with 2VPs and my future mentor. I had individual interview with all 3 of them. Each of them spent about half an hour. It's some general questions such as your past experience, why IMAX, what makes you think you are a good fit. etc. They spent quite a good time explaining the duties of the position. It definitely seems like a wonderful company to work with tho.

Interview Questions

• Not much hard questions. The most unexpected thing was they told me if they dont have to interview other people they would hire me right away, but ended up didn't give me an offer after a month's wait.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMAX (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through their website, then had a phone interview, the next day received an email to schedule an in person interview the following week. Was told it was going to take 2-3 weeks to find out about the in person interview so it went a lot quicker than expected.

Interview Questions

• If 2 Human Resources Business Partners requested you to have a task finished for them the same day how would you balance the request from them?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern, Strategy & Corporate Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMAX (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1) Phone Interview 2) In-Person Interview (2 rounds: 4 people total) 3) Senior Vice President Interview - Walk us through your resume? (wanted specific project examples) - What is gross margin? Walk through DCF analysis? What is porter's 5 forces? - Why are you pursuing an [insert major] degree? - Tell us what you think IMAX does exactly? - What can IMAX do to be innovative? - Can you speak mandarin? - Asked a few questions on my interests.

Interview Questions

• What can IMAX do to be innovative? They want a specific example, along with steps on how you would pursue this strategy. Thought process is similar to product development case, or market entry case.   1 Answer

I got offered 3rd round interview with Senior Vice President; however, I declined as I received an offer from a different company.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IMAX.

Interview

First phone interview with HR personnel. Then, an on-site 1-hour interview with 2 senior developers and manager of Software group. Questions about socket programming. After the interview, there is a written test to write a small piece of software on paper.

Interview Questions

• Questions are very generic programming questions.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMAX (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

After a pre-screen interview, it took them 3 weeks to9 schedule a group interview with the three hiring managers. One of them was really nice: helpful and collaborative, while the other one could not be any less interested in me. The interview lasted for about 90 mins and included a consulting case analysis: determining market size/ profitability for 'X' line of product.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMAX (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, Case interview, Higher management interview. Know the company very well and their future projections

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMAX (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2010.

Interview

Once chosen, the prescreen is easy. Just need to know a little about IMAX

Interview Questions

• The last IMAX movie I watched...   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered job a set rate and vacation.. No negotiations. Even the minimal bonus of 3.85% was non negotiable and never paid out at 100%. Only very senior managers did welling, able to negotiate. They get so much more than average employee.