IMAX

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at IMAX.

Interview Details – Applied through their website, then had a phone interview, the next day received an email to schedule an in person interview the following week. Was told it was going to take 2-3 weeks to find out about the in person interview so it went a lot quicker than expected.

Interview Question – If 2 Human Resources Business Partners requested you to have a task finished for them the same day how would you balance the request from them?   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMAX in March 2010.

Interview Details – Once chosen, the prescreen is easy. Just need to know a little about IMAX

Interview Question – The last IMAX movie I watched...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered job a set rate and vacation.. No negotiations. Even the minimal bonus of 3.85% was non negotiable and never paid out at 100%. Only very senior managers did welling, able to negotiate. They get so much more than average employee.

Business Analyst Intern, Strategy & Corporate Development Interview

Business Analyst Intern, Strategy & Corporate Development
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMAX.

Interview Details – 1) Phone Interview
2) In-Person Interview (2 rounds: 4 people total)
3) Senior Vice President Interview

- Walk us through your resume? (wanted specific project examples)
- What is gross margin? Walk through DCF analysis? What is porter's 5 forces?
- Why are you pursuing an [insert major] degree?
- Tell us what you think IMAX does exactly?
- What can IMAX do to be innovative?
- Can you speak mandarin?
- Asked a few questions on my interests.

Interview Question – What can IMAX do to be innovative? They want a specific example, along with steps on how you would pursue this strategy. Thought process is similar to product development case, or market entry case.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got offered 3rd round interview with Senior Vice President; however, I declined as I received an offer from a different company.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IMAX.

Interview Details – First phone interview with HR personnel. Then, an on-site 1-hour interview with 2 senior developers and manager of Software group. Questions about socket programming. After the interview, there is a written test to write a small piece of software on paper.

Interview Question – Questions are very generic programming questions.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMAX in June 2012.

Interview Details – After a pre-screen interview, it took them 3 weeks to9 schedule a group interview with the three hiring managers. One of them was really nice: helpful and collaborative, while the other one could not be any less interested in me. The interview lasted for about 90 mins and included a consulting case analysis: determining market size/ profitability for 'X' line of product.

Interview Questions

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IMAX in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Case interview, Higher management interview. Know the company very well and their future projections

Interview Question – Case on taxis in Toronto   View Answers (2)

Worked for IMAX? Contribute to the Community!