IMC Financial Markets Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

3.1

Trading Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets.

Interview

They had two people come to the University of Chicago campus and conduct interviews. Pretty basic went over the resume, asked about programming experience, and had a couple of brainteasers. Also wanted to know if there was legitimate interest in financial markets, so had questions about how the market worked. Generally nice and didn't pressure too much when waiting for answers.

Interview Questions

• Showed a picture of an old advertisement and asked what was wrong with it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets.

Interview

Phone interviews and on-site interview.

Trading Intern Interview

Interview

Process took a while, but I applied online and interviewed with them over spring break as I was back home in Chciago. Overall a good process with a lot of mental math, brainteasers, and curve ball questions. Also had a debugging test and 2 other mental math tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would price Euro option and whether you want lower or higher volatility in different situations.   Answer Question

Trading Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets.

Interview

Dropped my resume at a career fair; after completing a relatively easy assessment, I was invited to a basic behavioral on-campus interview. Was invited to the IMC offices; first night was some more assessments and dinner, while the second day was 4 interviews, one of which was behavioral and the rest of which were technical. Did fine on the interviews, but ultimately didn't get the position. Predominantly candidates from MIT and Harvard.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an evacuation plan for your hometown?   Answer Question

Dwh Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone Screening Assessment over a remote computer - 3 days long

Interview Questions

• The assessment were graded strictly   1 Answer

Trader Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

They recruit in both the spring and fall. Here's the basic process: 1) Pass two online tests (1 hour) 2) On-campus behavioral interview (30 min) 3) If you get on-site, two more online tests (2 hours) 4) On-site superday (Mock trading and panel on Day 1, 1-on-1 on Day 2) 5) You hear back the week after. They like to hire smart math kids from Harvard with no trading experience. Even if you have a technical major, had relevant experience, and aced the interview, too bad. Go somewhere else where your background and interest are respected and desired.

Junior Trader Interview

Interview

a lot of nice people who seemed to enjoy the process. 3 different types of interviews, logic/trading/personal. One trading simulation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted after a job fair and was sent two screening problems via email. Next was a Skype interview and than a final interview at their offices in Chicago.

Software Developer Internship Interview

Application

Interview

There was one phone interview (they asked how to remove duplicates from an array) followed by onsite interview in Chicago. During the onsite, I was put up in a nice hotel and had a full day of interviews. They have coding station where you do some fairly basic Java coding (code a few functions to implement using hashsets) , an algs station (find anagrams of words, a byte suffix problem), and an HR station (go over your resume piece by piece). It was a fairly good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a GPS system works. What makes you better than the other candidates?   Answer Question

Senior P&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview was one on one. A bit like pinball, he talked, I talked, he talked, I talked. Their office is very new and updated. Be prepared to answer job related questions and do not be afraid of being blunt.

Interview Questions

• If you had 2 weeks to complete a project, What would be your first step.   Answer Question