IMC Financial Markets Trader Interview Questions

3.2

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets.

Interview

I approached an IMC recruiter and dropped my resume at my University. Since I had visited so many booths I had forgotten what position I had applied for. I got an email inviting me for an interview. I was told it would be a technical interview. Thinking it was for Software Developer I prepared for that well. On the day of the interview I learned I was interviewing for a trader position. Regardless, I didn't perform we

Interview Questions

• I given some obscure finance related Matlab code used by the company and asked to explain everything about it. Since I had no experience with Matlab it was quite difficult.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Financial Markets

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Evanston, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Before the in person interview, they made me take two online tests, one was basic logic and the other was math/graphs. Both were pretty easy. After that, I was contacted for an in person interview. Typical interview questions plus a brainteaser. My interviewer seemed like she was rushing through the interview though, so it wasnt a very good experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

First was asked to take the online test. Consisted most of numerical questions and abstract reasonaing problems. Second, on site interview with HR and a trader(they cane to my school). Asked mostly behavioral and fit questions. Got rejected on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What your internship employer would say about you? Positively and negatively?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I had a 30 minute interview with an HR person. She started off with a brainteaser which sort of difficult. Afterwords, she asked some generic question, for example why do I wan tot do trading, what is the expected value of smth, draw a parallel between standard deviation and risk and etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Final Round 1) Cocktail Hour friday before 2) 8 Hours of interviews the next Saturday. Be sure you can do mental math for some more written tests. Competition was tough. All top Applied Math/CS Majors from Harvard/MIT/Princeton.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

The night before there was an informal happy hour at the company with all the full time employees and their friends. In the morning after, we were divided into groups of 4-5 and did a rotation of interview with a senior manager and a HR recruiter, then an arithematics test, followed by a market making simulation. So the market making simulation consists of the full time employees in the trading floor, and the candidates in the cubicle area, where they would give a spreadsheet of price on calls and puts in different strike and different expiration. You would either have to quote the full time traders (via phone) on bid/ask price, or call them and ask them for a price, and decide whether to trade or not. They give you limitations on maximum delta (ignore all other greeks), so understand the risks involved. You are expected to keep a list of your delta and your profits; since delta can range from 0 to 100, prepare some mental math with 2 digit X 2 digit multiplication -> Speed will matter as they purposely are trying to see how you handle stressful situation. Overall, it was a very challenging and fun interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Got a Math Test. The questions weren't very hard, but I guess it wasn't enough to make the cut.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the CPI at Q4 if the index reset at Q3 or something like that   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Interview

drop my resume in campus recruiting. Got the opportunity in interview. All mental math but with some strategies. I didn't perform well in some of the questions and didn't pass the first round

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2012.

Interview

Ze stelden de volgende vragen: 1) Waarom heb je financiën gestudeerd 2) Wat vind je leuk en niet leuk aan je huidige werk? 3) Beschrijf je karakter in 3 woorden 4) Wat weet je over IMC? 5) Waarom heb je gesolliciteerd naar een functie bij IMC? 6) Waarom heb je gesolliciteerd voor de functie als junior trader?

They asked the following questions: 1) Why did you study finance? 2) What do you like and don't like of your current work? 3) Describe your character in 3 words 4) What do you know about IMC? 5) Why did you apply for a position at IMC? 6) Why did you apply for the position as junior trader?

Interview Questions

• Waarom heb je gesolliciteerd voor de functie als junior trader?   Why did you apply for the position as junior trader?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Financial Markets in February 2012.

Interview

it is an on campus interview. 30 mins test about your quick mind then a quick interview by 3 people.