IMF

Relevance Date Difficulty

Excel Support Specialist Interview

Excel Support Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IMF in February 2012.

Interview Details – These are the steps that I went through but did not receive an offer.
Phone Interview with recruiter
Phone interview with potential supervisor
In person interview with recruiter
in person interview with supervisor and panel / excel computer test

Interview Question – When would hlookup or vlookup functions be used in excel?   Answer Question

MBA Intern Interview

MBA Intern
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IMF in April 2011.

Interview Details – submitted resume on a campus recruiting fair. Got a call for the telephonic interview after 2 weeks. Phone interviews was resume based entirely. Asked each and every detail about the resume bullets. Was asked to submit some documents depicting previous works with tools like visio, power point etc
Was called for final round after a week. Final round was in IMF global headquarters in Washington DC. Its one of the amazing offices I have seen ever!! Same person interviewed me for the final round. It was a very intellectual interview round and was asked detailed questions about the technology used so far, MBA studies and some behavioral. It was 2 hrs long but very calm and did not feel any pressure.
Was given the offer after 3 weeks. Gladly accepted the offer for internship.

Interview Question – Was asked questions about the knowledge management, enterprise architecture etc   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Staff Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IMF in September 2009.

Interview Details – Skills test, followed by an applicant pool, followed by a group interview in the group in which you will confirmed or declined by phone.

Interview Questions

• what is most important skill you have to contribute   View Answer
  • that having a good sense of aptitude is most important in learning new skills and being with a new organization   View Answer

Internship Interview

Internship
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IMF in August 2008.

Interview Details – They are more interested in how well you will fit in the organization, than how well prepared you are. There are a couple of technical questions but nothing challenging. Be confident and you ll have them at hello. :)

Interview Question – Describe experience X from your resume.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at IMF

Interview Details – Interview in HQ. The competition is stiff. Some round of interviews with panel. Make sure you are update with current issues in macroeconomics and international finance. Apply economic theory and logic to real world problem.

Interview Question – Mostly applied macreconomics and international finance   Answer Question

EP Interview

EP

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IMF in November 2012.

Interview Details – 2:1 interview

Interview Question – case interview, assuming you face an emerging market country, they would like to have a fiscal deficit as 3.5% next year, what would you say to them?   Answer Question

Excel Support Specialist Interview

Excel Support Specialist

Interviewed at IMF

Interview Details – 4 rounds: 1st with HR, 2nd with staff concerns more technical questions; 3rd on-site panel interview; 4th 90 min exams of Excel

Interview Question – How do you understand data management?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IMF.

Interview Details – Interview was a panel. They asked me how good I am with econometric software. I was getting my PhD while applying, so it was not difficult. They had doubts about whether I will stay for the whole year or not. I already have worked with them earlier, so they did not ask too many skill questions.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult program you have ever wrote. What will keep you motivated in this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Usually no salary negotiation. But I negotiated the start date.

Staff Assistant Interview

Staff Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IMF in May 2011.

Interview Details – at the first time ,i got the interview in the school,the employer asked me some questions but not importance,she told me came to her office next time.then i didn't pass because i couldn't speak cantonese.

Interview Question – why work for us?   Answer Question

Economist Interview

Economist

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IMF in December 2008.

Interview Details – Two rounds: first with the HR department, then with a panel.

Interview Question – Usually case-based. For example, a country runs into economic crisis, and how to set the policy mix right.   Answer Question