IMF

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMF in July 2012.

Interview Details – The process is quite "dark". The positions are not posted anywhere. I got the interview because a friend worked there and knew somebody in the department, even though I didn't fulfill the requirements.

Typical DC job hunting.

Interview Question – Very Technical interview in general terms.   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IMF.

Interview Details – Interview was a panel. They asked me how good I am with econometric software. I was getting my PhD while applying, so it was not difficult. They had doubts about whether I will stay for the whole year or not. I already have worked with them earlier, so they did not ask too many skill questions.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult program you have ever wrote. What will keep you motivated in this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Usually no salary negotiation. But I negotiated the start date.

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IMF in October 2008.

Interview Details – took a long time for HR to get back to me.

Interview Questions

Worked for IMF? Contribute to the Community!