IMF Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IMF in July 2014.

I applied online and got an email and a call 2 months later. The interview was in DC , with panel composed of the division chief, the deputy division chief and senior hr.
I was asked:
Explain real interest rate and expected inflation rate
Detailed questions on past research projects

Interview Questions
  • not really unexpected/difficult :how do you handle multiple demands / pressure   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMF

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMF in July 2012.

The process is quite "dark". The positions are not posted anywhere. I got the interview because a friend worked there and knew somebody in the department, even though I didn't fulfill the requirements.

Typical DC job hunting.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IMF.

The hiring process is straightforward and divided into three stepts: 1) resume and cover letter review: for one position they receive hundreds of applicants so it is very competitive; 2) technical test administration: only those short-listed will be administered a general test to assess their knowledge and technical skils; 3) final interview (panel): communication skills, general knowledge, technical knowledge, past esperience are scrutinized. They want to see how you come across, how articulatte and knowledgeable you are.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at IMF.

Interview was a panel. They asked me how good I am with econometric software. I was getting my PhD while applying, so it was not difficult. They had doubts about whether I will stay for the whole year or not. I already have worked with them earlier, so they did not ask too many skill questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult program you have ever wrote. What will keep you motivated in this job?   Answer Question
    Usually no salary negotiation. But I negotiated the start date.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at IMF in October 2008.

took a long time for HR to get back to me.

Interview Questions

Worked for IMF? Contribute to the Community!