IMF Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IMF in July 2014.

I applied online and got an email and a call 2 months later. The interview was in DC , with panel composed of the division chief, the deputy division chief and senior hr.
I was asked:
Explain real interest rate and expected inflation rate
Detailed questions on past research projects

Interview Questions
  • not really unexpected/difficult :how do you handle multiple demands / pressure   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMF

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMF in July 2012.

The process is quite "dark". The positions are not posted anywhere. I got the interview because a friend worked there and knew somebody in the department, even though I didn't fulfill the requirements.

Typical DC job hunting.

Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at IMF.

Interview was a panel. They asked me how good I am with econometric software. I was getting my PhD while applying, so it was not difficult. They had doubts about whether I will stay for the whole year or not. I already have worked with them earlier, so they did not ask too many skill questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult program you have ever wrote. What will keep you motivated in this job?   Answer Question
    Usually no salary negotiation. But I negotiated the start date.

Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at IMF in October 2008.

took a long time for HR to get back to me.

Interview Questions

Worked for IMF? Contribute to the Community!