IMF

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMF.

Interview Details – Profile creation, three Interviews, 2-hour test on basic Microsoft office skills, Interviews lasted about 1.5 hours each with pretty basic interview questions on skills, working style, interest, strengths and weaknesses and future goals.

Interview Question – Why are you making the switch from international health sector to finance sector?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at IMF in April 2010.

Interview Details – External Hire - Either wait on HR or you must know someone from the IMF who can pass your resume unto a hiring officer. It would also help to know someone at the IMF to learn about vacancies.

Internal Hire - Must have a wide network of colleagues to learn about vacancies in order to apply and push your resume forward. There are also instances where a job post is already unofficially taken by someone else.

Interview Question – The questions in my experiences have never been difficult   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IMF in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online to a position which usually consists of a roster, where they call the qualified candidates, because you have to first pass an online exam to be considered. I had 2 interviews. Both interviews were great, with very professional people. In the first interview they asked about my experience and they asked questions in order to test my competence for that position (they would give me scenarios to test my reactions and my personality). The second interview was with the bosses, obviously because the first interview was successful. They were all very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. Received an offer the very same day of the second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate anything. I agreed to what they offered me, in terms of benefits and salary. Benefits and salary are considerably higher than in the private sector, since it is an international organization.

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IMF in September 2009.

Interview Details – Skills test, followed by an applicant pool, followed by a group interview in the group in which you will confirmed or declined by phone.

Interview Questions

• what is most important skill you have to contribute   View Answer
  • that having a good sense of aptitude is most important in learning new skills and being with a new organization   View Answer

Staff Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IMF in May 2011.

Interview Details – at the first time ,i got the interview in the school,the employer asked me some questions but not importance,she told me came to her office next time.then i didn't pass because i couldn't speak cantonese.

Interview Question – why work for us?   Answer Question

Worked for IMF? Contribute to the Community!