IMF

Updated May 28, 2014
Updated May 28, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staff Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IMF.

Profile creation, three Interviews, 2-hour test on basic Microsoft office skills, Interviews lasted about 1.5 hours each with pretty basic interview questions on skills, working style, interest, strengths and weaknesses and future goals.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you making the switch from international health sector to finance sector?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMF

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IMF in March 2012.

Applied online to a position which usually consists of a roster, where they call the qualified candidates, because you have to first pass an online exam to be considered. I had 2 interviews. Both interviews were great, with very professional people. In the first interview they asked about my experience and they asked questions in order to test my competence for that position (they would give me scenarios to test my reactions and my personality). The second interview was with the bosses, obviously because the first interview was successful. They were all very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. Received an offer the very same day of the second interview.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate anything. I agreed to what they offered me, in terms of benefits and salary. Benefits and salary are considerably higher than in the private sector, since it is an international organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at IMF in April 2010.

External Hire - Either wait on HR or you must know someone from the IMF who can pass your resume unto a hiring officer. It would also help to know someone at the IMF to learn about vacancies.

Internal Hire - Must have a wide network of colleagues to learn about vacancies in order to apply and push your resume forward. There are also instances where a job post is already unofficially taken by someone else.

Interview Questions
    • The questions in my experiences have never been difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IMF in September 2009.

Skills test, followed by an applicant pool, followed by a group interview in the group in which you will confirmed or declined by phone.

Interview Questions
    • what is most important skill you have to contribute   View Answer
    • that having a good sense of aptitude is most important in learning new skills and being with a new organization   View Answer

Staff Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IMF in May 2011.

at the first time ,i got the interview in the school,the employer asked me some questions but not importance,she told me came to her office next time.then i didn't pass because i couldn't speak cantonese.