IMG Artists Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at IMG Artists

Associate Producer/Art + Commerce PRODn Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chelsea, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelsea, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IMG Artists.

Their interview style was to pick apart your previous experience(s) and focus on how you aren't qualified for the position, as opposed to how/why you are. In other words, they gloss right over your relevant experience, ignoring it completely, and focus on how your relevant experience isn't relevant enough for what they do. So rather than get the opportunity to shine during the interview, you're having to defend your relevant work history, knowledge of the industry, and pretty much everything else. The entire interview is a practice in attack and defend.

I interviewed with two individuals for this opportunity. Of the two, there was one especially who I would be really, really excited about working with. I feel that there could be a lot to learn working with someone like him. He seemed like the type who could easily and effectively share information with colleagues, working as a team, with an end goal in mind of success. Great attitude he had.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult, they were just created to expose how you're not good enough. For instance, you could choose to focus on how you've production managed for an Anton Corbijn shoot, and the interviewers would say, "yeah, but he does movies now". Or, after being asked, you could respond with your favorite photography style, and they would say, "We don't like that style here". Basically, you can't win.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at IMG Artists.

Quick one-interview for internship, was offered job. Interviewed with two members of the team well in advance of the internship starting. It was pretty painless - if only they were all like that!

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult questions, basically just the normal get-to-know-you ones. They asked me what I knew of their roster and the company as a whole.   Answer Question

Worked for IMG Artists? Contribute to the Community!