IMRB Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.9

Survey Programmer Interview

Interview

the interview process was very fair and tested the knowledge of the applicants. It was a very long and time consuming one though.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was so difficult everything was logic based and analytical, so it depends on individuals how they take it.   Answer Question

Senior Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IMRB.

Interview

It was a phone based interview and I was asked only basic questions about my job profile and educational background. Also questions like why I want to shift were asked. Only one round of interview was taken post which the HR contacted me for other details like compensation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what you are doing right now and what research methods do you follow to achieve the results   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMRB (Delhi (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

First round was a written round test which was based on reasoning followed by an interview. The written round was moderate and required patience to understand the questions clearly. The interview was an elaborate one and was CV based as well as on the projects I had done during my MBA.

Associate Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IMRB (Calcutta (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

The company found my profile through some job portal and contacted me directly. The whole process took 1 week and was coordinated by the Delhi office. First there was an critical reasoning exam for 40 mins (25 questions) and a writing assignment for 10 mins. The test was multiple choice which you have to answer based on a small paragraph of 2-3 lines. The choices were very close and confusing. I was able to attempt only 17 but to be safe I would suggest to attempt at least 20. The writing assignment was a paragraph where you have to state the idea behind the writing and your viewpoints. Pretty simple and will not be graded. They declared the result the same day evening and asked me to come for an interview after 3 days. The interview was taken by Vice President. Started off with general 'tell me sth about yourself' questions and then quickly moved on to case based and scenario based questions as displayed on a laptop. All percentage and mean based simple questions where you have to draw inferences from data. Common sense stuff. I think they try to gauge your comfort level with data. Questions based on prev exp and internship were also asked. Later HR Director also joined the interview and asked similar intro questions and some situation-decision based question. Simple and comfortable. Offer was made by the evening of the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not joining CBC even if they are paying more?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since the terms of offer were intimated before the start of the process.

Associate Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IMRB (Calcutta (India)).

Interview

Skill and personality test followed by short listing and PI. The PI is well documented and you will be asked lots of in depth questions which will try to gauge how comfortable you are with numbers and how much analytically can you think when you see numbers. The overall atmosphere of the PI though is calm relaxed and friendly

Negotiation

No such due to being a fresher

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IMRB (Mumbai (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred by my friend. The initial screening round is a critical reasoning test of 25 Q and an essay. The total time limit is 40minutes. The questions and the essay were both very easy.

Interview Questions

• How many footwear do you think is in India?   1 Answer

Research Manager E1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IMRB (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The interview is two round process. The first round is a written test consisting of questions on Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, and one essay. The second round is one on one interview with the Business Director.

Interview Questions

• The questions in the interview are fairly easy. Just be thorough with your field of work and the general market trends.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay below market standards.

Associate Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IMRB (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

I applied to the company through my campus process. The first round was a critical reasoning test of about 30 mins, the multiple choice questions were like: which of the following statement weakens/strengthens the above conclusion the most/least. The next were two interview rounds, first was mainly a technical about the linear regression and the issues in it, difference between qualitative and quantitative research etc. The next was more like a HR/Stress interview, about my personality and so many ways why I am not fit for the job, I played completely honest and accepted many of my shortcomings along with a strong reason in my own support.

Interview Questions

• What newspapers do you read and following that was to design a strategy for a company, that was in the recent news.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IMRB.

Interview

small case studies are there followed by some HR question and they also focus on projects undertaken

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IMRB (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Aptitude Test Followed by case analysis of an upcoming product and its market feasibility. 2 rounds of Interview: my first hands on experience of a stress interview Panel Interview: we were 2 candidates facing 1 interviewer Questions about the case study and financial feasibility and its details also were asked.

Interview Questions

• Not really, but our answers were pitched against each other trying to see if we get into a struggle. It didn't really happen. The case study and product analysis helped for the PI   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not required