IMS Health Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

phone interview with the director, and other technical person .30 min long 2 phone interview. after the phone interview got the offer in 2 weeks time . very flexible interview process depending upon the role.

Interview Questions

• what are the new upcoming technology , about the current work , all in resume   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMS Health

Analyst Interview

Interview

Application, Webcam Interview, Phone Interview, In-person interview, and a second phone interview. Process took 6 weeks. Webcam interview different and pre-recorded. Phone interviews basic resume questions and behavioral questions. In-person was with multiple interviewers over hours. Ended with a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Business Case questions regarding pharmaceutical companies.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in June 2014.

Interview

The first round was a recorded video interview. It was really basic. Just asking your strenghts, your experiences, willingness to travel, things like that. I thought I screwed up badly but I advanced to the next round. The next round was the phone interview and included a case study question. I thought I did okay but I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected questions. The case study was simple and straightforward. I had to compare markets for disease A and B and decide which one to enter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IMS Health (Collegeville, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was a recent college grad when I started applying to IMS. I started by interviewing around March/April then I graduated from college in May and had a job offer before I graduated! I applied to many positions with the company, however due to the large quanitities of resume's they receive it took awhile to hear back for some of the positions. Once they did call it was more waiting game, however I was constantly in contact with one of the recruiters who helped me out and answered any/all of my emails/questions. The process for analyst, consultant, EM, ect is as follows: Phone screening with HR followed by an in person interview consisting of a 45 minute evaluation of a case study, 3 one on one interviews and finally presentation of my case study to the panel of interviewers. On a different positions interview for an analyst position I was asked to perform a few basic excel functions such as pivot tables, filtering, etc infront of a panel of interviewers. After this I was brought in 2 more times to meet other people on the team (it took 2 times because I had to meet with everyone on the team and some were on vacation the first time I was in) This was the position I accepted and I could not be happier! The interview process may be hard and at times frustrating with the waiting, however I have a great salary, great benefits, wonderful team, and am very happy with IMS!!

Interview Questions

• 1 case study I was asked to evaluate was on an oral cancer drug where I was to evaluate the market place, competition, projected sales, projected market size, etc. Then I was to present all of my findings to the panel that I had previously in the day interview with seperately.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If I wanted to wait longer for my offer then I could have negotiated, however I was very happy with my offer and felt no need to negotiate my salary. Benefits are non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I first had a phone interview that lasted about an hour. The first forty minutes or so were dedicated to a pretty easy case study, and the last 15-20 to some generic behavioral questions and why I was interested in the company. They got back to me within the day about coming into the office for an in-person interview.

At the office, I met with 4 people. In the first portion of the interview, I had to write a mock letter. Next was two standard case studies, neither of which were terribly hard, and finally, a behavior interview.

Interview Questions

• Had to write a mock letter. A hypothetical client was asking some complex questions that would take my team a week or two to answer, and as manager, I had to respond to the client detailing the delay and why.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IMS Health in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. I was asked to fill out a screening questionnaire. After that, I had to pursue the recruiter for months before I could get an interview.

I was informed of the interview process by email. There were supposed to be 2 personal interviews and one case study presentation.

The process was very unprofessional, as two additional interview round was added that were not on the original list. The questions were meant to ask me how much I knew about the pharmaceutical industry. Quite irrelevant since my current profile does not involve knowing much about the industry. The case study was a market sizing case study that had to be presented to the panelists. I started presenting and was told that I had made some incorrect assumptions. I was asked to carry on using my original assumptions, but was always cross questioned on my approach based on what they thought should have been assumed.

I was not given a chance to ask questions to the interviewers.

The interviews went over time by 2 hours. I heard back on the job, a month after I had interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were unexpected like how would I rate my pharma industry knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable. I was not happy with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health (Collegeville, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

IMS Consulting Group is the leader in the pharma consulting industry. Their work is truly amazing and their global reach attracts the biggest clients around the world. It was a 2:1 interview on fit questions only. So candidates really have to see for themselves why they are interested in pharmaceutical and healthcare consulting, because that is all IMS does unlike other strategy consulting firms.

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health (Collegeville, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

First interviewed on campus- half hour interview w/ behavioral/fit questions; half hour math test. Then second round interview was on site. Began with lunch, where all of the interviewees got a chance to meet and ask current analysts questions about the job. Then 3 half hour to forty-five minutes interviews with 1-2 interviewers each. Also, had to do a case. I was give thirty minutes to read through case and consolidate my results. Then, I presented my results informally (no powerpoint) to a group of about 10 interviewers in 15 minutes with an additional 5 minutes of Q &A

Interview Questions

• Should Pharma company X acquire biotech company Y when considering the product/market size/etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IMS Health (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

My interview experience with IMS Health was one of the worst ever and I would caution future interviewees to be wary of the interviewing etiquette of this company. There were two interviewers present during my interviewer, and the behavior of one of them (a principal in the company) was nothing short of demeaning. The whole process made me feel devalued and humiliated.

First, he told me that picking my application was a "mistake." Throughout the interview, he would cut me off several times without giving me the chance to fully explain myself. He did this a few times. For example, in response to his question about my strengths, I said, "I value hard work." But he cut me off again and remarked condescendingly, "So do I." When he asked me where I could see myself in a few years' time, I replied, "I think my future career plans can take a variety of forms..." Again, he patronizingly cut me off and insisted he only wanted to hear about one "specific" thing. At this point, it became obvious to me that he was deliberately pushing me into a corner. Later, while I was working on the case study, he got up from his seat, walked around the room and made small talk with his colleague, as if oblivious to my presence.

After considering my nonprofit background (my resume is heavily skewed towards the nonprofit sector) and my professed interest in public service as well as working in the nonprofit sector in the future, the interviewer told me, "We are not going to be helping people here (in our company)." A distasteful remark in the context of everything else.

The interviewer also had inferiority complex issues. At one point during the conversation, I explained I was interested in consulting because as a recent college graduate, I wanted to learn a set of extremely useful skills from a group of smart, intelligent and driven people in the field of consulting. The interviewer, for some reason, took my comment as a personal affront. In response, he *pointed* at his colleague (who graduated from an Ivy League school). For some reason, he thought that my reference to "smart, intelligent and driven people" was tainted with elitist connotations and also somehow precluded him (I believe he graduated from some lower tier college). That was absolutely not my intention, and how he came to that conclusion was simply beyond me.

The interviewers were half an hour behind schedule and my interview was truncated to 20 minutes. They simply assumed they could change their schedules without giving the interviewee any notice.

Their unprofessional behavior was a total embarrassment to IMS Health and reflected negatively on the firm as a whole. When I contacted their HR, all the HR manager told me was that the interview process was "competitive" and that "IMS Consulting is a top tier consulting firm" and the interview was supposed to "assess interest and fit." She went on, "In any interview situation, we recognize that the candidate is also using that time to assess whether or not they are interested in the organization." In any case, she might even be right. If my interview experience is any accurate indication of the IMS Health culture as she proclaims, then I am glad to have seen a preview of it during the interview and to avoid the company altogether. The interviewer should be ashamed of himself for bringing down the company's reputation with his lack of professionalism.

Needless to say, I withdrew my application after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IMS Health (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

One hour phone interview including behavioral questions and a case study with a senior position. The interviewer was nice and did not try to make the interviewee confused or insecure. The case study came after the behavioral questions. If the phone interview goes well, then the applicant is invited to the office site for a second-round full interview (5-hour process).

Interview Questions

• The case study question was: your client (pharma) wants to introduce a new drug to the market. Given these details about the drug and its competition, what strategy would you take and how successful do you think the new product will be?   Answer Question