IMS Health

Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.2

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IMS Health.

I found the interview process to be disorganized. I had four phone/video interviews prior to the "next phase," which is when I would have an in-person interview. Either the interviewers do not share information or they are very inefficient because I have had to share the same information on a loop. At this point, I would not be interested in even going in for the in-person interviews since what I have experienced thus far has been absurd. Not only that, but the main phone interview I had was downright painful. I have never had to go into so much detail about my previous positions as I did with this organization. I felt like the interviewer was getting mad at me, intimidating me, and practically yelled at me for attempting to explain myself. Perhaps this is the nature of the organization, but this has been a good way to learn I am not interested in being an employee here.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you leave your current company when it clearly has what you are looking for?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMS Health

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health.

I have to say that the HR and everyone involved in the interview process were phenomenal! Process was as follows:
    Received a questionnaire from HR
    Phone interview was scheduled- behavioural questions as standard, a "non-routine" case, and questions relating to data manipulation experience.
    I was flown in for an in-person interview that lasted for more than 5 hours. Interview included a case presentation.

In all, a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Experience with data manipulation
      Previous use of IMS data and conclusions arrived at
      Case presentation relating to acquisition
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

I was referred by an employee and was contacted for a phone interview within one week. The phone interview was more intense than normal phone interviews. We only briefly went over my resume before jumping into very specific questions about my skills and skills required for the job. They spent little time actually explaining the job and more time screening your skills and direct experience to ensure you have the experience to match the job. For example, we spent a lot of time discussing forms of data analysis and my direct experience with data manipulation. I was not very confident after the phone interview based on their responses to my answers but I received an invite for an on-site interview within 12 hours.

I interviewed with 6 different people which was nice because I was able to ask a lot of questions within different levels of the company. I was more prepared for the on-site interview based on the questions during the phone interview. The interview seemed to go very well however it was a very long day (bring snacks!). I was there for more than half of the day. The interview ended with a case study which was pretty straight forward. They give you little time to prepare but I think they are just testing your ability to speak in public and present your ideas clearly.

I received a non-formal verbal offer within 2-3 days because I was interviewing with other companies. The actual formal offer did not come until 4 weeks later due to internal setbacks. However, the talent acquisition manager did a great job to keep me updated along the way.

Interview Questions
    • Should globo pharma company acquire small pharma company based on their product.   View Answer
    They offered more than I asked for so I did not attempt to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in November 2013.

PHONE INTERVIEW

Interview Questions
    • CASE STUDY AND FEW BASIC BEHAVIOR QUESTIONS   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in August 2013.

Phone interview:
    I have a friend inside the company, so he referred. After his referral (almost the same day), I got a call from HR discussing the interview availability. A week later, HR called me and discussed about my experiences, my master program, my earliest start date. He also asked me what would I consider as my analytical skills. All you need to prepare is to be ready to talk about your past working experiences and your strengths, and, don’t forget to smile☺

On-site interview:
    A week later, HR contacted me and invited me to have on-site interview. I had three 1:1 interviews (1 hour for each) with different engagement managers, and a case interview. The case interview was pretty straightforward. They gave me a short case, and I would analyze the problems and provide my solutions. I had 45 minutes to prepare for the case (they would leave you alone, and give you a laptop without internet access), and another 1 hour to do the presentation and answer questions. I presented my PowerPoint slides in front of 4 managers, and they asked several questions after I finished.

I felt the case not that hard. As long as you have the case interview training and a framework to analyze business problems, you should be fine. Managers wouldn’t challenge you a lot if your assumptions are reasonable and solutions are practical.

Interview Questions
    • How many people would you bring with you if you go to client's site and solve their problems?   Answer Question
    I am pretty satisfied with the salary and benefits, so there is not much to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in January 2013.

Three rounds, first two where phone interviews one with HR and the next was with Engagement Manager which did at the end a small business case. (4P)
    Once I past that round I was invited to a third round in company headquarters in NY for a full day , where I had three case interviews and one behavioral interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IMS Health in June 2009.

Phone interview followed by two full days of face to face interviews. Everyone seemed happy with roles.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online – interviewed at IMS Health in August 2014.

First round, one potencial test in english.
    Second round, one to one fit interview with a case (1hour) with principal. After, one to one fit interview with a case (1hour) with partner and finally, make a presentation about how to solve problems in a company which has given you data (1h).

Interview Questions
    • The presentation requires economic skills and the cases were like brainteasers, not habitual cases.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IMS Health in July 2014.

Met several members of the company at a networking event and subsequently e-mailed to ask about job opportunities. I was told of a contract position available to fill-in for maternity leave so I sent my resume and cover letter. I was subsequently called in for an interview consisting of:
    30 min math test
    45 min behavioural interview
    45 min case study
    30 min meeting with principal

Interview Questions
    • What is the number of people in Canada with diabetes   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IMS Health.

Phone Interview: what do you know about the company, what financial background do you have, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.
    Math/logics test: similar to a gmat test; conducted over the phone and on the internet; given 30 min to answer questions

Interview Questions
    • the test is mainly algebra multiple choice; one of the questions had incorrect format of answers (eg. 8.550 instead of 8550) which threw me off, the interviewer realized the mistake and made the correction   Answer Question