IMS Health

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – I have to say that the HR and everyone involved in the interview process were phenomenal! Process was as follows:
Received a questionnaire from HR
Phone interview was scheduled- behavioural questions as standard, a "non-routine" case, and questions relating to data manipulation experience.
I was flown in for an in-person interview that lasted for more than 5 hours. Interview included a case presentation.

In all, a great experience!

Interview Question – Experience with data manipulation
Previous use of IMS data and conclusions arrived at
Case presentation relating to acquisition
  Answer Question

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee and was contacted for a phone interview within one week. The phone interview was more intense than normal phone interviews. We only briefly went over my resume before jumping into very specific questions about my skills and skills required for the job. They spent little time actually explaining the job and more time screening your skills and direct experience to ensure you have the experience to match the job. For example, we spent a lot of time discussing forms of data analysis and my direct experience with data manipulation. I was not very confident after the phone interview based on their responses to my answers but I received an invite for an on-site interview within 12 hours.

I interviewed with 6 different people which was nice because I was able to ask a lot of questions within different levels of the company. I was more prepared for the on-site interview based on the questions during the phone interview. The interview seemed to go very well however it was a very long day (bring snacks!). I was there for more than half of the day. The interview ended with a case study which was pretty straight forward. They give you little time to prepare but I think they are just testing your ability to speak in public and present your ideas clearly.

I received a non-formal verbal offer within 2-3 days because I was interviewing with other companies. The actual formal offer did not come until 4 weeks later due to internal setbacks. However, the talent acquisition manager did a great job to keep me updated along the way.

Interview Question – Should globo pharma company acquire small pharma company based on their product.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered more than I asked for so I did not attempt to negotiate.

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in November 2013.

Interview Details – PHONE INTERVIEW

Interview Question – CASE STUDY AND FEW BASIC BEHAVIOR QUESTIONS   View Answer

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview:
I have a friend inside the company, so he referred. After his referral (almost the same day), I got a call from HR discussing the interview availability. A week later, HR called me and discussed about my experiences, my master program, my earliest start date. He also asked me what would I consider as my analytical skills. All you need to prepare is to be ready to talk about your past working experiences and your strengths, and, don’t forget to smile☺

On-site interview:
A week later, HR contacted me and invited me to have on-site interview. I had three 1:1 interviews (1 hour for each) with different engagement managers, and a case interview. The case interview was pretty straightforward. They gave me a short case, and I would analyze the problems and provide my solutions. I had 45 minutes to prepare for the case (they would leave you alone, and give you a laptop without internet access), and another 1 hour to do the presentation and answer questions. I presented my PowerPoint slides in front of 4 managers, and they asked several questions after I finished.

I felt the case not that hard. As long as you have the case interview training and a framework to analyze business problems, you should be fine. Managers wouldn’t challenge you a lot if your assumptions are reasonable and solutions are practical.

Interview Question – How many people would you bring with you if you go to client's site and solve their problems?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am pretty satisfied with the salary and benefits, so there is not much to negotiate.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2013.

Interview Details – Three rounds, first two where phone interviews one with HR and the next was with Engagement Manager which did at the end a small business case. (4P)
Once I past that round I was invited to a third round in company headquarters in NY for a full day , where I had three case interviews and one behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Teach me something I don't know?   View Answer

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by two full days of face to face interviews. Everyone seemed happy with roles.

Interview Question – Wanted point of view on plans.   View Answer

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – Phone Interview: what do you know about the company, what financial background do you have, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.
Math/logics test: similar to a gmat test; conducted over the phone and on the internet; given 30 min to answer questions

Interview Question – the test is mainly algebra multiple choice; one of the questions had incorrect format of answers (eg. 8.550 instead of 8550) which threw me off, the interviewer realized the mistake and made the correction   Answer Question

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – HR interview + Manager level interview in English and in Korean
Took 2 days for interview, and got offer after 8 days after the final interview

Interview Question – Typical interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Anything is negotiable

Basel (Switzerland)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IMS Health in October 2012.

Interview Details – very professional contact and setting up meetings. quick response. somewhat schematic, but seems to be fair and equal opportunity.

Interview Question – Asked about salary expectations.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IMS Health in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruitment - response within 5 days - first round interview consisted of 30 mins of behavioral, 30 mins of math and logic (GMAT like test) and 30 mins of case-based Q&A (graphs based and answer questions)

Interview Question – need to show your ability in doing their analytical work in terms of pharma sales and marketing (e.g. how to size sales force)   Answer Question

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!