IMS Health Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

3.1

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IMS Health (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

first round just ask simple quick questions about your degree, availability and status.
    Told me gonna contact me 3-4 weeks later. Then got email says position is filled.
    I may be just too relaxed when i was told it is just background check. Should focus more.
    Or maybe they just filled their position as they said.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about details of my intern. How is it related to this position.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

phone interview with the director, and other technical person .30 min long 2 phone interview. after the phone interview got the offer in 2 weeks time . very flexible interview process depending upon the role.

Interview Questions

• what are the new upcoming technology , about the current work , all in resume   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

1 hour panel of 3 format (average) followed by 1 hour math/excel/composing an email test (fairly difficult) -- The whole process took about a month from the time I applied online. Office seemed friendly, modern setting, super small cubicles, was never told how much the position paid by any of the reps I dealt with along the way. I thought I did a good job at the interview but received a rejection email about 10 days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal team lead. How do you prioritize yourself?   Answer Question

Director of Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a senior recruiter / HR representative - 30-45 minutes. This was generally going over my resume and items of interest that were applicable to the role I was applying for.

Second phone screen with a senior technical leader who would have been a peer - 30 minutes as there was a scheduling hard stop. This dug a little deeper and pushed to find the depth of the skills listed on my resume.

In-person interview with 3 individuals on site in their Seattle office. Nice space, seemed like great people.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions such as tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame it professionally.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Application, Webcam Interview, Phone Interview, In-person interview, and a second phone interview. Process took 6 weeks. Webcam interview different and pre-recorded. Phone interviews basic resume questions and behavioral questions. In-person was with multiple interviewers over hours. Ended with a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Business Case questions regarding pharmaceutical companies.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

Very hurried process. I had an interview every week for 4 weeks straight - starting with a questionnaire, three phone interviews, and then 3 in person interviews with a presentation. I would get notice for an interview 1-2 days before. During the phone interviews, the interviewers were rude and it is really obvious that they believe that they are better than you. They will focus on certain topics (data manipulation/analytics) and ask you 5-6 questions per interview on those alone. Every interviewer asked me the same thing, which shows how disorganized they are/how they must not communicate with one another.

Interview Questions

• I was asked three different case questions throughout the process. Two mini cases then one case with a presentation - case was about 5 pages long.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

I found the interview process to be disorganized. I had four phone/video interviews prior to the "next phase," which is when I would have an in-person interview. Either the interviewers do not share information or they are very inefficient because I have had to share the same information on a loop. At this point, I would not be interested in even going in for the in-person interviews since what I have experienced thus far has been absurd. Not only that, but the main phone interview I had was downright painful. I have never had to go into so much detail about my previous positions as I did with this organization. I felt like the interviewer was getting mad at me, intimidating me, and practically yelled at me for attempting to explain myself. Perhaps this is the nature of the organization, but this has been a good way to learn I am not interested in being an employee here.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave your current company when it clearly has what you are looking for?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

Its Very tough, They totally test all your knowledge in deep. You need to be technically very sound.
    What ever you say, make sure that you have worked on it and understand its concepts well. Dont bluff on any point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

1 week

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

There were 4 interviews in total. The process was a bit slow. Usually the process starts with a detailed discussion with a consultant followed by a discussion with the hiring manager. A fit test is done by the director.

Interview Questions

• None. All the questions asked were similar to the typical industry standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They usually take a lot of time to prepare an offer and are not open to negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in June 2014.

Interview

The first round was a recorded video interview. It was really basic. Just asking your strenghts, your experiences, willingness to travel, things like that. I thought I screwed up badly but I advanced to the next round. The next round was the phone interview and included a case study question. I thought I did okay but I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected questions. The case study was simple and straightforward. I had to compare markets for disease A and B and decide which one to enter.   Answer Question