IMS Health

90 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interviewed at IMS Health

Interview Details – In delpth, one interview lasting about 2.5 hours, you will meet with Senior executives whom you would potentially support

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer situational questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received screening interview 1 week later. Then was moved forward to phone interview with manager(s). Scheduling and rescheduling of interview due to conflicts on manager side took over 4+ weeks--two reschedules on the day of the interview and for the third scheduled phone interview, they neglected to call at all! Very disorganized process. Finally was able to phone interview with managers, and had a pleasant experience, but scheduling the in-person interview was a pain as well. Ended up declining offer.

Interview Question – How do you feel about performing client work for pharmaceutical companies?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Position wasn't a good fit for long-term career interests, and office is in an inconvenient location.

Consultant Interview

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – I have to say that the HR and everyone involved in the interview process were phenomenal! Process was as follows:
Received a questionnaire from HR
Phone interview was scheduled- behavioural questions as standard, a "non-routine" case, and questions relating to data manipulation experience.
I was flown in for an in-person interview that lasted for more than 5 hours. Interview included a case presentation.

In all, a great experience!

Interview Question – Experience with data manipulation
Previous use of IMS data and conclusions arrived at
Case presentation relating to acquisition
  Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – HR is a bit discombobulated. They won't necessarily communicate clearly and may leave you stranded at a hotel. Interview will require a case study, several in person interviews, and significant waiting period. Environment is very much a learn on the job situation and don't expect much hand-holding.

Negotiation Details – Get as much compensation as you can before coming in as raises and promotions are not impressive.

Very Easy Interview

Functional Analyst Interview

Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – Two interviews one by phone and then I was flown in.

Interview Question – None, already worked with company on other projects   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee and was contacted for a phone interview within one week. The phone interview was more intense than normal phone interviews. We only briefly went over my resume before jumping into very specific questions about my skills and skills required for the job. They spent little time actually explaining the job and more time screening your skills and direct experience to ensure you have the experience to match the job. For example, we spent a lot of time discussing forms of data analysis and my direct experience with data manipulation. I was not very confident after the phone interview based on their responses to my answers but I received an invite for an on-site interview within 12 hours.

I interviewed with 6 different people which was nice because I was able to ask a lot of questions within different levels of the company. I was more prepared for the on-site interview based on the questions during the phone interview. The interview seemed to go very well however it was a very long day (bring snacks!). I was there for more than half of the day. The interview ended with a case study which was pretty straight forward. They give you little time to prepare but I think they are just testing your ability to speak in public and present your ideas clearly.

I received a non-formal verbal offer within 2-3 days because I was interviewing with other companies. The actual formal offer did not come until 4 weeks later due to internal setbacks. However, the talent acquisition manager did a great job to keep me updated along the way.

Interview Question – Should globo pharma company acquire small pharma company based on their product.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered more than I asked for so I did not attempt to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in December 2013.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview that lasted about an hour. The first forty minutes or so were dedicated to a pretty easy case study, and the last 15-20 to some generic behavioral questions and why I was interested in the company. They got back to me within the day about coming into the office for an in-person interview.

At the office, I met with 4 people. In the first portion of the interview, I had to write a mock letter. Next was two standard case studies, neither of which were terribly hard, and finally, a behavior interview.

Interview Question – Had to write a mock letter. A hypothetical client was asking some complex questions that would take my team a week or two to answer, and as manager, I had to respond to the client detailing the delay and why.   View Answer

Analyst/Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – Applied through school's website. Initial contact was within a week to schedule a phone interview after 5PM as the team is usually very busy. Interview was a conference call with bad reception and one interviewer had a very hard to understand accent. Of course she was the one to describe the job and I understood maybe every fourth word she said. During the case question, the interviewer sighed very loudly, which I found rude and very unprofessional.

Interview Question – -Tell me about your resume
-Why IMS Health?
-What are 3 strengths/weaknesses?
-How do you work on a team?
Case question: Pharma company X is experiencing a drop in sales... what are some reasons for this?
  Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Market Research Analyst
Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

Interview Details – I waited a long time (1.5 months) after submitting my resume, although I had an employee referral. I received another offer while waiting, pressed IMS for an answer and was immediately called in for an interview. I met with the hiring manager only. We discussed my skills and experience by walking through the standard interview questions. The rest of the team was not invited to meet with me. A few days later I met with the group's VP, but that conversation was mostly intended to confirm a personality fit.

Interview Question – Nothing uexpected, the interview was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. I was asked to fill out a screening questionnaire. After that, I had to pursue the recruiter for months before I could get an interview.

I was informed of the interview process by email. There were supposed to be 2 personal interviews and one case study presentation.

The process was very unprofessional, as two additional interview round was added that were not on the original list. The questions were meant to ask me how much I knew about the pharmaceutical industry. Quite irrelevant since my current profile does not involve knowing much about the industry. The case study was a market sizing case study that had to be presented to the panelists. I started presenting and was told that I had made some incorrect assumptions. I was asked to carry on using my original assumptions, but was always cross questioned on my approach based on what they thought should have been assumed.

I was not given a chance to ask questions to the interviewers.

The interviews went over time by 2 hours. I heard back on the job, a month after I had interviewed.

Interview Question – Many questions were unexpected like how would I rate my pharma industry knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable. I was not happy with the offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at IMS Health

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IMS Health interview questions and advice. All 90 interview reviews posted anonymously by IMS Health employees and interview candidates.