IMS Health Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.1

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Allis, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at IMS Health (West Allis, WI).

Interview

I was recruited via LinkedIn. Went through a phone screen and got a face-to-face interview the following week. Had a great interview with the Senior Principal Director, Manager and Lead. The excel test was fairly easy (for someone with excel experience). Overall wonderful experience and I'd love to come work for IMS Health, but my salary requirements was too far out of the salary range for the position. Recruiter provided positive feedback and informed me that if another position came a long that was more fitting for my salary requirement that they would contact me.

Client Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

First, I had a HR phone screen that was followed by a panel interview with three members. I received the job offer about one week later and started the job the following week.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IMS Health (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

first round just ask simple quick questions about your degree, availability and status. Told me gonna contact me 3-4 weeks later. Then got email says position is filled. I may be just too relaxed when i was told it is just background check. Should focus more. Or maybe they just filled their position as they said.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about details of my intern. How is it related to this position.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to this so called 'speed interview' which IMS set in one of the Sheraton hotels in NJ in June, more or less just to get the gist of it. you know - nowadays HR has plenty of time and comes up with 'initiatives'. I guess it was the way to get so-called 'hiring managers' to stop their office wars and email shuffle, get together in one place and actually do something. IMS got at least 20-30 applicants and divided them in groups, 4 person each and gave them 8 minutes to stop at each table with bored managers and prove that they are the top world talent and should be hired right away. Atmosphere reminded me of a dog show where animal have to walk to this wagging line, woof-woof at another table, and do your barking song and dance at another table, so you may get a purina one biscuit (IMS logo pen, headphones,,,) At exact 8 minute period end a referee would came in and stop the process, and everybody moved to the next table obstacle, even you're not finished... At the end of this circus, I've seen so-called managers trying to get out and stretch themselves, one actually succeeded to get away for a few minutes. I mean - how you can properly present yourself in this 7-8 min game to the office skirt/suit that looks already bored, overwhelmed and looking at the watch? Do I really want to work for this group of 'specialists'? I imagine what's really happens inside the walls of IMS, and now I know why there is so many negative comments here, @indeed and other places about IMS Unhealth. But hey, look - HR did put check marks on their to-do list, and that group of 'managers' had their field trip done, did hi-5s and ate bagels. they may actually hire some recent grads only to replace 'em later.

Interview Questions

• same stuff, technical, competency, behavioral and so on.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

phone interview with the director, and other technical person .30 min long 2 phone interview. after the phone interview got the offer in 2 weeks time . very flexible interview process depending upon the role.

Interview Questions

• what are the new upcoming technology , about the current work , all in resume   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

1 hour panel of 3 format (average) followed by 1 hour math/excel/composing an email test (fairly difficult) -- The whole process took about a month from the time I applied online. Office seemed friendly, modern setting, super small cubicles, was never told how much the position paid by any of the reps I dealt with along the way. I thought I did a good job at the interview but received a rejection email about 10 days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal team lead. How do you prioritize yourself?   Answer Question

Director of Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a senior recruiter / HR representative - 30-45 minutes. This was generally going over my resume and items of interest that were applicable to the role I was applying for. Second phone screen with a senior technical leader who would have been a peer - 30 minutes as there was a scheduling hard stop. This dug a little deeper and pushed to find the depth of the skills listed on my resume. In-person interview with 3 individuals on site in their Seattle office. Nice space, seemed like great people.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions such as tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame it professionally.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Application, Webcam Interview, Phone Interview, In-person interview, and a second phone interview. Process took 6 weeks. Webcam interview different and pre-recorded. Phone interviews basic resume questions and behavioral questions. In-person was with multiple interviewers over hours. Ended with a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Business Case questions regarding pharmaceutical companies.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

Very hurried process. I had an interview every week for 4 weeks straight - starting with a questionnaire, three phone interviews, and then 3 in person interviews with a presentation. I would get notice for an interview 1-2 days before. During the phone interviews, the interviewers were rude and it is really obvious that they believe that they are better than you. They will focus on certain topics (data manipulation/analytics) and ask you 5-6 questions per interview on those alone. Every interviewer asked me the same thing, which shows how disorganized they are/how they must not communicate with one another.

Interview Questions

• I was asked three different case questions throughout the process. Two mini cases then one case with a presentation - case was about 5 pages long.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

I found the interview process to be disorganized. I had four phone/video interviews prior to the "next phase," which is when I would have an in-person interview. Either the interviewers do not share information or they are very inefficient because I have had to share the same information on a loop. At this point, I would not be interested in even going in for the in-person interviews since what I have experienced thus far has been absurd. Not only that, but the main phone interview I had was downright painful. I have never had to go into so much detail about my previous positions as I did with this organization. I felt like the interviewer was getting mad at me, intimidating me, and practically yelled at me for attempting to explain myself. Perhaps this is the nature of the organization, but this has been a good way to learn I am not interested in being an employee here.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave your current company when it clearly has what you are looking for?   Answer Question