IMS Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Collegeville, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was a recent college grad when I started applying to IMS. I started by interviewing around March/April then I graduated from college in May and had a job offer before I graduated! I applied to many positions with the company, however due to the large quanitities of resume's they receive it took awhile to hear back for some of the positions. Once they did call it was more waiting game, however I was constantly in contact with one of the recruiters who helped me out and answered any/all of my emails/questions. The process for analyst, consultant, EM, ect is as follows: Phone screening with HR followed by an in person interview consisting of a 45 minute evaluation of a case study, 3 one on one interviews and finally presentation of my case study to the panel of interviewers. On a different positions interview for an analyst position I was asked to perform a few basic excel functions such as pivot tables, filtering, etc infront of a panel of interviewers. After this I was brought in 2 more times to meet other people on the team (it took 2 times because I had to meet with everyone on the team and some were on vacation the first time I was in) This was the position I accepted and I could not be happier! The interview process may be hard and at times frustrating with the waiting, however I have a great salary, great benefits, wonderful team, and am very happy with IMS!!

Interview Question – 1 case study I was asked to evaluate was on an oral cancer drug where I was to evaluate the market place, competition, projected sales, projected market size, etc. Then I was to present all of my findings to the panel that I had previously in the day interview with seperately.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If I wanted to wait longer for my offer then I could have negotiated, however I was very happy with my offer and felt no need to negotiate my salary. Benefits are non-negotiable.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through website, was contacted and given a "take home" coding problem. I was called a couple of days later to schedule a 1/2 day interview including lunch. Interview by 4 people, asked normal type of coding questions and quite a bit about how culture fit. Some swearing on the interviewer part.

Interview Question – Very normal tech interview, most surprising was the amount of swearing by one of the interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a little back and forth on Salary level.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at IMS Health

Interview Details – Very easy process. I came to the Plymouth Meeting office to have two in person meetings. The interviewers spoke as much or more than I did. I was made an offer by the end of that week.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at IMS Health

Interview Details – In delpth, one interview lasting about 2.5 hours, you will meet with Senior executives whom you would potentially support

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer situational questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received screening interview 1 week later. Then was moved forward to phone interview with manager(s). Scheduling and rescheduling of interview due to conflicts on manager side took over 4+ weeks--two reschedules on the day of the interview and for the third scheduled phone interview, they neglected to call at all! Very disorganized process. Finally was able to phone interview with managers, and had a pleasant experience, but scheduling the in-person interview was a pain as well. Ended up declining offer.

Interview Question – How do you feel about performing client work for pharmaceutical companies?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Position wasn't a good fit for long-term career interests, and office is in an inconvenient location.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – I have to say that the HR and everyone involved in the interview process were phenomenal! Process was as follows:
Received a questionnaire from HR
Phone interview was scheduled- behavioural questions as standard, a "non-routine" case, and questions relating to data manipulation experience.
I was flown in for an in-person interview that lasted for more than 5 hours. Interview included a case presentation.

In all, a great experience!

Interview Question – Experience with data manipulation
Previous use of IMS data and conclusions arrived at
Case presentation relating to acquisition
  Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – HR is a bit discombobulated. They won't necessarily communicate clearly and may leave you stranded at a hotel. Interview will require a case study, several in person interviews, and significant waiting period. Environment is very much a learn on the job situation and don't expect much hand-holding.

Negotiation Details – Get as much compensation as you can before coming in as raises and promotions are not impressive.

Very Easy Interview

Functional Analyst Interview

Functional Analyst
Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – Two interviews one by phone and then I was flown in.

Interview Question – None, already worked with company on other projects   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee and was contacted for a phone interview within one week. The phone interview was more intense than normal phone interviews. We only briefly went over my resume before jumping into very specific questions about my skills and skills required for the job. They spent little time actually explaining the job and more time screening your skills and direct experience to ensure you have the experience to match the job. For example, we spent a lot of time discussing forms of data analysis and my direct experience with data manipulation. I was not very confident after the phone interview based on their responses to my answers but I received an invite for an on-site interview within 12 hours.

I interviewed with 6 different people which was nice because I was able to ask a lot of questions within different levels of the company. I was more prepared for the on-site interview based on the questions during the phone interview. The interview seemed to go very well however it was a very long day (bring snacks!). I was there for more than half of the day. The interview ended with a case study which was pretty straight forward. They give you little time to prepare but I think they are just testing your ability to speak in public and present your ideas clearly.

I received a non-formal verbal offer within 2-3 days because I was interviewing with other companies. The actual formal offer did not come until 4 weeks later due to internal setbacks. However, the talent acquisition manager did a great job to keep me updated along the way.

Interview Question – Should globo pharma company acquire small pharma company based on their product.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered more than I asked for so I did not attempt to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in December 2013.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview that lasted about an hour. The first forty minutes or so were dedicated to a pretty easy case study, and the last 15-20 to some generic behavioral questions and why I was interested in the company. They got back to me within the day about coming into the office for an in-person interview.

At the office, I met with 4 people. In the first portion of the interview, I had to write a mock letter. Next was two standard case studies, neither of which were terribly hard, and finally, a behavior interview.

Interview Question – Had to write a mock letter. A hypothetical client was asking some complex questions that would take my team a week or two to answer, and as manager, I had to respond to the client detailing the delay and why.   View Answer

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!