IMS Health

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application, Webcam Interview, Phone Interview, In-person interview, and a second phone interview. Process took 6 weeks. Webcam interview different and pre-recorded. Phone interviews basic resume questions and behavioral questions. In-person was with multiple interviewers over hours. Ended with a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Business Case questions regarding pharmaceutical companies.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health.

Very hurried process. I had an interview every week for 4 weeks straight - starting with a questionnaire, three phone interviews, and then 3 in person interviews with a presentation. I would get notice for an interview 1-2 days before. During the phone interviews, the interviewers were rude and it is really obvious that they believe that they are better than you. They will focus on certain topics (data manipulation/analytics) and ask you 5-6 questions per interview on those alone. Every interviewer asked me the same thing, which shows how disorganized they are/how they must not communicate with one another.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked three different case questions throughout the process. Two mini cases then one case with a presentation - case was about 5 pages long.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IMS Health.

I found the interview process to be disorganized. I had four phone/video interviews prior to the "next phase," which is when I would have an in-person interview. Either the interviewers do not share information or they are very inefficient because I have had to share the same information on a loop. At this point, I would not be interested in even going in for the in-person interviews since what I have experienced thus far has been absurd. Not only that, but the main phone interview I had was downright painful. I have never had to go into so much detail about my previous positions as I did with this organization. I felt like the interviewer was getting mad at me, intimidating me, and practically yelled at me for attempting to explain myself. Perhaps this is the nature of the organization, but this has been a good way to learn I am not interested in being an employee here.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you leave your current company when it clearly has what you are looking for?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IMS Health.

Its Very tough, They totally test all your knowledge in deep. You need to be technically very sound.
    What ever you say, make sure that you have worked on it and understand its concepts well. Dont bluff on any point.

1 week

Junior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health.

There were 4 interviews in total. The process was a bit slow. Usually the process starts with a detailed discussion with a consultant followed by a discussion with the hiring manager. A fit test is done by the director.

Interview Questions
    • None. All the questions asked were similar to the typical industry standard questions.   Answer Question
    They usually take a lot of time to prepare an offer and are not open to negotiation.

Senior Consultant Interview

Very easy process. I came to the Plymouth Meeting office to have two in person meetings. The interviewers spoke as much or more than I did. I was made an offer by the end of that week.

Administrative Assistant Interview

In delpth, one interview lasting about 2.5 hours, you will meet with Senior executives whom you would potentially support

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IMS Health in April 2014.

I was a recent college grad when I started applying to IMS. I started by interviewing around March/April then I graduated from college in May and had a job offer before I graduated! I applied to many positions with the company, however due to the large quanitities of resume's they receive it took awhile to hear back for some of the positions. Once they did call it was more waiting game, however I was constantly in contact with one of the recruiters who helped me out and answered any/all of my emails/questions. The process for analyst, consultant, EM, ect is as follows: Phone screening with HR followed by an in person interview consisting of a 45 minute evaluation of a case study, 3 one on one interviews and finally presentation of my case study to the panel of interviewers. On a different positions interview for an analyst position I was asked to perform a few basic excel functions such as pivot tables, filtering, etc infront of a panel of interviewers. After this I was brought in 2 more times to meet other people on the team (it took 2 times because I had to meet with everyone on the team and some were on vacation the first time I was in) This was the position I accepted and I could not be happier! The interview process may be hard and at times frustrating with the waiting, however I have a great salary, great benefits, wonderful team, and am very happy with IMS!!

Interview Questions
    • 1 case study I was asked to evaluate was on an oral cancer drug where I was to evaluate the market place, competition, projected sales, projected market size, etc. Then I was to present all of my findings to the panel that I had previously in the day interview with seperately.   View Answer
    If I wanted to wait longer for my offer then I could have negotiated, however I was very happy with my offer and felt no need to negotiate my salary. Benefits are non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health.

I have to say that the HR and everyone involved in the interview process were phenomenal! Process was as follows:
    Received a questionnaire from HR
    Phone interview was scheduled- behavioural questions as standard, a "non-routine" case, and questions relating to data manipulation experience.
    I was flown in for an in-person interview that lasted for more than 5 hours. Interview included a case presentation.

In all, a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Experience with data manipulation
      Previous use of IMS data and conclusions arrived at
      Case presentation relating to acquisition

Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IMS Health.

HR is a bit discombobulated. They won't necessarily communicate clearly and may leave you stranded at a hotel. Interview will require a case study, several in person interviews, and significant waiting period. Environment is very much a learn on the job situation and don't expect much hand-holding.

Get as much compensation as you can before coming in as raises and promotions are not impressive.